Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Will the scum rise???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

themonk wrote:
the scum have risen Sad

Yeast we forget! Very Happy

Go The Pies!
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 pm

I can't imagine that Eddie will be too happy with Buckley if Carlton beat us twice this year and finish above us. It will probably end his coaching career.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Gonzalo/ Jez07/Nanette,

You really do have tunnel vision. Two posts from you on a topic relating to Carlton and you use both of them to attack Buckley yet again. Can you tell me which name you will be using next week?
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:05 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Gonzalo/ Jez07/Nanette,

You really do have tunnel vision. Two posts from you on a topic relating to Carlton and you use both of them to attack Buckley yet again. Can you tell me which name you will be using next week?

Who gives a sh!t who they are or what names they use? I don't. If we go 0-2 vs blues this year Ed's gotta pull the trigger. Its unacceptable. I called it after the swans game last year. Pies culture with Bucks at the helm is a culture of "ifs, butts and maybes + trevor hendy"... I waited 3 and half seasons to make my decision on bucks. And he aint the man to steer us to our next flag. The sooner we cut our ties the better. The rest of you can wallow in medicority for the next two years till we kick him to the curb and I'll just be saying "f###ing told you so!".

I want the best coach at Collingwood! Bucks aint the best coach. We are still questioning whether he can coach ffs, 5 seasons in
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:11 am

I don't care if we make finals but losing two games to Carlton and having less wins than them this year is simply unacceptable. The feeling would be the same from McGuire.

Buckley has to win 6 games out of the last 12 to equal last year's win/loss column. If that total isn't reached it is 5 straight years of decreasing wins. It's a coach killer.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:12 am

Funny, that's exactly what was said about MM, Mark Williams and Mark Thompson shortly before they won flags.
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:16 am

Funny, that's exactly what was said about MM, Mark Williams and Mark Thompson shortly before they won flags.

Choco guided Port to 2 straight top of the ladder finishes before they won a flag. He didn't have 5 years straight of decreasing win/loss totals.

MM guided Collingwood into a PF one year before there was talk about him getting sacked. Next diversion.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:23 am

I was responding to KM's post. Yours was posted as I hit submit.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:59 am

This Carlton team reminds me of Carlton's team of 2004 under Denis Pagan. It's essentially a false dawn thinking they're on the way up after lean years, but in reality they'll still be in a bad position long-term and this is just some short-term comfort more than anything else for their supporters.

Age profile wise, they were one of the more experienced teams in the competition on the weekend, so this myth that they're all of a sudden become great with new kids continues to manifest itself.

Bolton has given them more direction and structure and the experienced players have a new lease of life in their careers but long-term they'll be difficult to replace.

In regards to beating Carlton this year, we haven't beaten them in an Summer Olympic/leap year since 2000 so hopefully we can end that record on election day second time round.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:27 am

Funny I don't recall saying "sack malthouse" or "sack williams" or "sack thompson"... Probably cause I knew they could coach well, or at least had coached a side they built to finals. I did and do say "sack buckley" though. Funny that. Williams and Thompson had an apprenticeship as assistant coaches didnt they? And well Malthouses apprenticeship was footscray and west coast. What's buckley's apprenticeship again? No coach at Collingwood has ever had the gift wrapped ride Buckley has. Haffey got sacked after what 4 grand finals? Jesus we can't even beat Carlton twice in 2016
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:04 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Gonzalo/ Jez07/Nanette,

Who gives a sh!t who they are or what names they use? I don't. If we go 0-2 vs blues this year Ed's gotta pull the trigger. Its unacceptable. I called it after the swans game last year. Pies culture with Bucks at the helm is a culture of "ifs, butts and maybes + trevor hendy"... I waited 3 and half seasons to make my decision on bucks. And he aint the man to steer us to our next flag. The sooner we cut our ties the better. The rest of you can wallow in medicority for the next two years till we kick him to the curb and I'll just be saying "f###ing told you so!".

I want the best coach at Collingwood! Bucks aint the best coach. We are still questioning whether he can coach ffs, 5 seasons in

Guess you are weeping tears of blood the mods shut down your inane sack bucks thread, don't let the fact we have around fourteen players out injured, four during last weeks game with no rotations, the turning point in the game, cloud your weekly tirade against bucks. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:32 am

I wouldn't mind if Carlton keep on finishing around 9th or 10th each year.

That way they won't get any more top 5 draft picks, but more importantly, they will never make the finals. It's a real win-win situation.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:05 am

It's bound to happen. Wether it be now or in 5-6 years.

But who cares? There is a big difference between pushing for finals and being ready for top 4 and of course being good enough to win on grand final day.

They saw us win a flag in 2010 and survived.

As much as you dont want to see the rival teams start winning, it's all a part of following sports.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:

Funny I don't recall saying "sack malthouse" or "sack williams" or "sack thompson"... Probably cause I knew they could coach well, or at least had coached a side they built to finals. I did and do say "sack buckley" though. Funny that. Williams and Thompson had an apprenticeship as assistant coaches didnt they? And well Malthouses apprenticeship was footscray and west coast. What's buckley's apprenticeship again? No coach at Collingwood has ever had the gift wrapped ride Buckley has. Haffey got sacked after what 4 grand finals? Jesus we can't even beat Carlton twice in 2016

KM, my response was only one sentence but you have misread it. I did not state that you ever commented upon MM, Williams or Thompson. My point was that just as you are continually calling for Buckley to be sacked, there were many that made the same call about those three, only to become silent when they won premierships shortly afterwards.

I am not sure what you mean by no coach at Collingwood ever having the gift wrapped ride that you say Buckley has received but the history of Collingwood indicates that you are incorrect. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. Jock McHale and Phonse Kyne had never coached when they were appointed and I don't have to tell you what they did. You may say that you don't know who they are or that the game was different then.

In more modern times we had Tony Shaw who did very little in the way of an apprenticeship before being appointed coach. Admittedly, not a great record. Leigh Matthews was appointed after what was it, 3 games as an assistant coach? He won a game or two.

I can understand why some are unhappy with Buckley as a coach, but this is not a sack Buckley forum. Those that continually post their incoherent analysis on non related forums with the aim of supporting their positions of why he should be sacked just become objects of ridicule themselves.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:09 am

Its feaseable they could be sitting in 9th after the weekend (providing we beat Port).
But I'm tipping the "false dawn" theory, that it's just a quirk of the draw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: