Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

thank you siddanee

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:38 pm
Post subject: thank you siddaneeReply with quote

That grand final triumph in 2012 is the reason the piss and shit aren't celebrating 4 in a row right now. Let's hope the bastards can't pull another one out of their arses next year to equal our glorious record.
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of teams I'd rather see win four in a row other than Hawthorn.

That said, before the AFL, even before the VFL, there was the VFA. Look up who won in 1891-94.

Someone WILL win 4 in a row again. It might be next year, it might not.

MM

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Post subject: Re: thank you siddaneeReply with quote

WarrenerraW wrote:
That grand final triumph in 2012 is the reason the piss and shit aren't celebrating 4 in a row right now. Let's hope the bastards can't pull another one out of their arses next year to equal our glorious record.

And 2012 was before Tippett and Franklin too. Unbelievable!!

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Whose gonna stop the bastards next year..
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:25 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:

We hit their engine room hard back in July. Nearly rolled them.
It's got to be either us or Port in 2016.
Nobody in the 2015 eight seemed capable...

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:40 pm

That's it. Someone has to hit the bastards hard and beat em at their own game next year. They get away with murder. Hope to f*** we smash them next year. They do everything with ease.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:42 pm

The shit always falls in their hands. Makes me sick. That drunkard hodge gets to hoit another flag and not be punished. F***ing piss and shit.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:42 pm

piedys wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

We wont be a threat in 2016, your dreamin i'm afraid.

We blew our chance in 2011 for glory, and then Bucks came in dismantled it.

We will be lucky to be challenging again before this decade is out.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:45 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
piedys wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Steve, we all dream here I'm afraid.
Fact is we'd want to make some significant inroads to Whorethorn in 2016, or it's Bye-the-bye Buckley!

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:53 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
piedys wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

It had to be dismantled Ball, Dids, Maxwell and Jolly's bodies gave way Dawes couldn't pluck a mark to save himself, couldn't keep Reid on the parK No rucks ....... etc etc and we had little A class players coming through you expected us to win a flag with a VFL side I suppose?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Sydney's triumph in 2012 was significant for obvious reasons because Hawthorn looked superior on paper and were playing better football at the time than they were but also it may have saved us from sharing the mantle with Hawthorn as being the only side to win four premierships in a row in the VFL/AFL era.

The Swans were a hardworking team who had a great culture but I feel like this 'great culture' has withered away somewhat with the recruitments of Tippett and Franklin and made them more about a team of individuals which is something that hasn't been about Sydney since the 1990s when Tony Lockett was recruited. Losing the likes of Mumford and White has demonstrated that salary cap pressures and losing COLA has hurt them.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:09 pm

piedys wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Let's go through the eight and those that may even challenge that finished outside the top 8 this year.

West Coast - For some reason I feel like the Eagles have one-season wonders written all over them. They had an impressive year and were worthy of a Grand Final spot but I think they caught a lot of teams off-guard with their web game-plan and this was found out in the finals campaign especially against North Melbourne and Hawthorn in the Preliminary Final and Grand Final. West Coast could replicate what they did this year for next year but I have some doubts about them. They will benefit from the returns of tall defenders in MacKenzie and Brown

Fremantle - Fremantle were superb in the first half of the year but they were ordinary after that. Before their first loss they were 9-0 and finished with a win-loss record of 17-5 which meant they were 8-5 after round 9. That to me is a team placed around 6th to 8th on the ladder. McPharlin has retired, Pavlich and Sandilands are nearly at the end and their overall team is ageing. Fyfe is a superstar but I think they had their best chance in 2013 and they blew it.

North Melbourne - North are a side that are solid because they're a very experienced team but I've never seen them as a premiership threat and my observations of them this year hasn't change that one bit. They're still mentally fragile and they were lucky that they encountered Richmond who are prone to choking in finals and a Sydney side that was struggling with several issues. Like Fremantle they're an ageing team who I think will decline next year.

Sydney - Sydney finished outside the last four for the first time since 2011 indicating that their era at the top may be over as well. With troubling issues with Franklin and reduced trading ability I think the Swans may decline next year but knowing them it won't be huge as they seem to have this ability to never really bottom out like other sides do.

Adelaide - I rate the Crows after what I saw this year. It's very sad that Phil Walsh's passing has meant that they're in search for a new coach now because I think Walsh had all the tools for them to be successful in the long-term. Losing Dangerfield is going to hurt them but I think they'll be able to cover that loss and I'm impressed by their KPP which is something we're lacking at the moment.

Richmond - Along with Hawthorn, Richmond was the most in-form team of the second of the year with a win-loss record of 9-2 so they cannot be discounted. However, Richmond's inability to perform in finals in the last three years demonstrates the lack of stars who can stand up in big games such as Cotchin and Deledio and the mental fragility that has hindered the club for decades. I still think they'll be thereabouts when it comes to finals but finishing top 4 is not a guaranteed proposition despite what their supporters will say in the off-season.

Western Bulldogs - As surprising as it may sound but I rate the Dogs even though they finished eighth. Yes their defensive game is still ordinary and it was exposed in the finals against Adelaide but they have a great young list and I think in a few years they could be a serious threat. The only concern for the Dogs is that the weight of expectation will start to emerge after a year where no one thought they would be competitive let alone make the finals so how will a young side like them cope with that pressure, plus I think other sides will do their homework on them. Like the Eagles, they caught a lot of sides off-guard. They'll also need to learn how to play outside Etihad if they're going to be a major challenger in years to come.

Port Adelaide - Port underachieved this year without question! They have the capabilities to be in the top 4 and I think they'll be back there next year. They did beat Hawthorn twice this year and troubled them in last year's preliminary final so they're not worried about them whatsoever. Expect Port to be back next year.

GWS - A young side that is progressing well and if they don't have an unexpected decline the way Gold Coast has I think they'll be pushing for the 8 and may sneak a spot in the bottom part of the 8 but they won't threaten Hawthorn next year.

Collingwood - We have a good young list of players so the age profile isn't the issue here. Adding Treloar will benefit us in the midfield but the lack of KPP versatility is what worries me and can we narrow the gap between our best and worst football. Plus another second half fade out could really hurt our confidence so we need to see progress here and be more consistent for a long period of time. I really can't judge what we should be expecting until I see the off-season player movements.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Hey Jezza, I don't really follow other sides but are RICH stars nearing the end of their career or are they at their peak right now?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Richmond's average age profile is about 25 years of age from what I've observed throughout the season compared to the likes of Hawthorn, North Melbourne and Fremantle who are all in the 27 year age bracket which indicates that these are ageing teams. Sydney is on average around 26 from what I've also observed throughout the year so they're a little younger than the three sides I've mentioned but they're declining though.

Richmond are not a young team but I think they'll still be in the top 8 for a few more years yet sadly. A team that has an average age profile of 25 should be peaking or be starting to peak pretty soon so don't be surprised if Richmond are active in the trade and free agency market to gain that extra edge over other teams. However the Tigers will need to learn to overcome the mental barrier of winning finals matches and having their stars stand up in big games if they are to be taken seriously.

In the 2015 elimination final against North Melbourne, Richmond only had four players who had played 50 games or less and two of those (Griffiths and Miles) were only 2 and 4 games short of reaching that figure, plus the Tigers had nearly 2600 games experience in that match so they're not inexperienced by any means. In reality, Richmond have no excuses now to not be a good side especially in finals.

Some of Richmond's key players include:
1). Brett Deledio - 28 years old (29 next year)
2). Bachar Houli - 27 years old (28 next year)
3). Jack Riewoldt - 26 years old (27 next year)
4). Shane Edwards - 26 years old (27 next year)
5). Trent Cotchin - 25 years old (26 next year)
6). Alex Rance - 25 years old (26 next year)
7). Dustin Martin - 24 years old (25 next year)

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:43 pm

^ Yeah thanks for that, I thought they'd be around their peak age.

Cheers

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: