Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

West Coke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:24 pm
Post subject: West CokeReply with quote

Will the AFL investigate Chicks claims with any vigour? Gillan said it was 10 years ago but they will investigate. How long is too long ago? If the claims are true and Weagles players were juiced to the max and running out feeling invincible, I'd be pissed if i was an opponent who was beaten, even if it was 10 years ago. As a supporter, if it turned out my team was knocked off in a granny 10 years earlier I'd be dirty as. Particularly if it wasn't just individuals doing it on the sly but was being orchestrated by club officials.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't/isn't only WC you know, wait & see how many more will come to the fore in the future.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:19 am

I thought something like this was happening at the time. Hard to say if it gave them any benefit or not. They had a pretty decent side. Maybe it would have been 2 or 3 flags if they stayed clean. No one knows.

Nothing will come from the investigation. Not sure the AFL even have any power over the majority of the people involved anymore.

We should still bag them for it though, they're the wrong sort of birds.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:28 pm
Post subject: Re: West CokeReply with quote

didick wrote:
Will the AFL investigate Chicks claims with any vigour? Gillan said it was 10 years ago but they will investigate. How long is too long ago? If the claims are true and Weagles players were juiced to the max and running out feeling invincible, I'd be pissed if i was an opponent who was beaten, even if it was 10 years ago. As a supporter, if it turned out my team was knocked off in a granny 10 years earlier I'd be dirty as. Particularly if it wasn't just individuals doing it on the sly but was being orchestrated by club officials.

Hope WADA gets involved, and all the retired/departed WCE players and officials tell them all to go suck a prick.

Everybody knows <snip - no, we don't know that for a fact>
Stories from that era of the players literally jumping the fence at the WACA to dodge AFL drug testers are Stuff of Legend.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Interesting that the 'furious' responses to Chick's claims mostly seem to be worried about timing. There was a whole article with Andrew Embley which essentially amounted to "The club was really good to us; we don't deserve this" - hardly the point, I would have thought.

Perhaps the timing is opportunistic on Chick's part, but I'm not sure there's ever really a bad time for the truth to come out (if this is indeed the truth). The AFL PR industry is such a massive beast that they'd rather shoot the messenger than confront any uncomfortable realities.

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:00 pm
Post subject: Re: West CokeReply with quote

piedys wrote:
didick wrote:

Hope WADA gets involved, and all the retired/departed WCE players and officials tell them all to go suck a prick.

Everybody knows <snip - no, we don't know that for a fact>
Stories from that era of the players literally jumping the fence at the WACA to dodge AFL drug testers are Stuff of Legend.

I heard that in the 90s they got tipped off before they got tested.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Compare the size of the 80s Hawks to the other teams... not sure that was weights.. ditto 1992 Eagles...
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:39 pm

David wrote:
Interesting that the 'furious' responses to Chick's claims mostly seem to be worried about timing. There was a whole article with Andrew Embley which essentially amounted to "The club was really good to us; we don't deserve this" - hardly the point, I would have thought.

Perhaps the timing is opportunistic on Chick's part, but I'm not sure there's ever really a bad time for the truth to come out (if this is indeed the truth). The AFL PR industry is such a massive beast that they'd rather shoot the messenger than confront any uncomfortable realities.

I heard that Chick had been speaking to the media on and off for nearly a year apparently (or at the very least it was a few months before the article was published last week) but the timing of it does seem convenient especially for the Herald Sun.

I think the AFL needs to investigate anything that may bring the game's integrity into question. I think Mike Sheahan said the West Coast flag was 'tainted' and while they had a strong team I think there's validity in this comment as that particular side is surrounded by controversy that has never disappeared as the years have gone on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: