Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How many Syrian refugees should Australia take?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many Syrian refugees should Australia take?
None
52%
 52%  [ 21 ]
A few hundred
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
A few thousand
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Over ten thousand
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
As many as possible
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 40

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
So get the Refugees out so we can Nuke Syria as seems to the Place where ISIS is in the Most

Sounds fair

You're a naughty girl

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:11 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
So get the Refugees out so we can Nuke Syria as seems to the Place where ISIS is in the Most

Sounds fair

You're a naughty girl

i try to please Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:24 am

Russia acting to defeat ISIS - American gets pissy.

http://www.news.com.au/world/russia-is-sending-ships-loaded-with-tanks-and-trucks-to-support-regime-of-president-assad-in-syria/story-fndir2ev-1227514971494
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:37 am

Russia has a great deal of blood on its hands in this conflict. Would Assad still even be in power if it wasn't for their military support? It certainly would have given the pro-democratic groups a much better chance of fending off ISIS as opposed to being forced to fight on two fronts.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:41 am

Wokko wrote:
Muslim countries refusing to take Syrian refugees, cite risk of exposure to terrorism.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/05/gulf-states-refuse-to-take-a-single-syrian-refugee-say-doing-so-exposes-them-to-risk-of-terrorism/

Ironic coming from Saudi Arabia, one of the biggest funders of global terrorism. Perhaps they should spend more time looking in their own backyard as opposed to smearing victims of terrorism from another country.

Tannin wrote:
Why, given that there are all these refugees, millions of them, are they not able to stand up to the oppressors? Do they lack arms? Do they lack training? Or do they lack the will to fight for their own lives and country?

Did you seriously post this? Good lord, this is up there with Fred Nile criticising the fleeing hostages in Sydney. Perhaps spend a week (as opposed to four years) in a war zone and see how much 'will' you have left to fight.

Last edited by David on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

Pro democratic groups? How naive do you want to be? Al Qaeda linked rebel groups have been the main opposition for years, now even THEY are fighting ISIS. Assad was always the best option for a stable, peaceful Syria but the USA and friends decided to set Syria up the same as they did Libya and create another failed state shithole in the ME.

If Assad wasn't in power we'd have ISIS massacres and inquisitions all the way to the Med.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:46 am

David wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Muslim countries refusing to take Syrian refugees, cite risk of exposure to terrorism.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/05/gulf-states-refuse-to-take-a-single-syrian-refugee-say-doing-so-exposes-them-to-risk-of-terrorism/

Ironic coming from Saudi Arabia, one of the biggest funders of global terrorism. Perhaps they should spend more time looking in their own backyard as opposed to smearing victims of terrorism from another country.

ISIS stated quite explicitly that they have embedded fighters in with the large groups of young men fleeing Syria.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:48 am

You seem uncertain. Why should they be spend more time looking in their own backyard as opposed to smearing victims of terrorism from another country?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 pm

David wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Why, given that there are all these refugees, millions of them, are they not able to stand up to the oppressors? Do they lack arms? Do they lack training? Or do they lack the will to fight for their own lives and country?

Did you seriously post this? Good lord, this is up there with Fred Nile criticising the fleeing hostages in Sydney. Perhaps spend a week (as opposed to four years) in a war zone and see how much 'will' you have left to fight.

Someone has to stop ISIS and Assad. Someone has to do the fighting. Who do you think it should be? Or do propose simply surrendering to all their claims?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pro democratic groups? How naive do you want to be? Al Qaeda linked rebel groups have been the main opposition for years, now even THEY are fighting ISIS. Assad was always the best option for a stable, peaceful Syria but the USA and friends decided to set Syria up the same as they did Libya and create another failed state shithole in the ME.

If Assad wasn't in power we'd have ISIS massacres and inquisitions all the way to the Med.

Non-ISIS Salafist groups like the Al-Nusra Front only form part of the broader opposition (and it's not always entirely clear whose side they're on anyway apparently there have been defections to ISIS from the ANF). You've completely ignored the existence of the SRCC and its various pro-democratic groups who led the charge against Assad from the beginning and continue to fight against the regime to this day, now with the support of America and the EU.

To return to my original point, Russia's support of the Assad regime has led to the decimation of pro-democratic forces. It goes without saying that the FSA and others would be much stronger if the government had fallen and in a much better position to fight against ISIS.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Some humanity from the government frontbench:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/sep/07/ministers-press-tony-abbott-for-increase-in-refugee-intake-over-syria-crisis

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Are they going to be 'real' Syrian refugees or people pretending to be Syrians?

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/refugee-crisis-in-europe-something-fishy-among-migrant-flood-as-discarded-id-papers-appear/story-fnh81p7g-1227515922792

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:42 pm

I presume our intake will come directly from the camps themselves. I doubt that many non-Syrians have been moonlighting in those fun spots.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:46 pm

No really, it's true.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:24 pm

David wrote:
Some humanity from the government frontbench:

^ What misleading Liberal rubbish is this you are parroting now? Abbott's "generous" offer is to take 10k Syrians instead of 10k other refugees amounts to nothing. Nothing whatsoever. All he is "offering" to do is take the exact same number of refugees from a different camp.

Bah.

Imagine you need $10 to buy a meal. So far, you only have the 0.15c I promised you yesterday. So I, in my Tony Abbott persona, make you a very generous offer. Into your trembling outstretched hand I place a 10c coin, meanwhile taking away two of the three 5c coins you already had. Aren't I generous! Gosh! Look! Now you have 15c, thanks to my generosity. Aren't you grateful? Before my munificence, you only had 15c, now you have 15c you lucky, lucky man!

(No need to kiss my feet on your way out.)

Last edited by Tannin on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 4 of 74   

Jump to: