Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kreuzer to Pies??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

add him to the pile of players linked to us.

but if he does go to dogs, how about the pies go after minson. hardly played this year, has been an aa ruckman etc. think he is about 28-29.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Fire Up wrote:

but if he does go to dogs, how about the pies go after minson. hardly played this year, has been an aa ruckman etc. think he is about 28-29.

He's 30 I think.

Giles is our man I reckon. Right age bracket (if Witts get traded) as we would have Grundy 21, Cox 24 and Giles 27 and, more importantly, he can kick a goal. The other option (a bit younger) might be Currie.

GWS traded Giles to ESS (who refuse to play him pretty much) for only an upgrade of draft pick (about 7 places from memory) so he should be cheap.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:20 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Fire Up wrote:

He's 30 I think.

Giles is our man I reckon. Right age bracket (if Witts get traded) as we would have Grundy 21, Cox 24 and Giles 27 and, more importantly, he can kick a goal. The other option (a bit younger) might be Currie.

GWS traded Giles to ESS (who refuse to play him pretty much) for only an upgrade of draft pick (about 7 places from memory) so he should be cheap.

If he couldn't get a game at the Bumbers, who have been thrashed in the ruck all year, why on earth would we be interested in him?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:26 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Fire Up wrote:

He's 30 I think.

If he couldn't get a game at the Bumbers, who have been thrashed in the ruck all year, why on earth would we be interested in him?

Look at his exposed form/performance.

I can't fathom why Essendon haven't played him.

He would be a backup ruck for us with Grundy #1 and Cox hopefully moving into #2 pretty quickly, but Giles is more than serviceable if Grundy goes down injured and he would cost next to nothing in trade and be on a low salary.

He also played KPF for GWS at times and wasn't too bad so he provides backup there as well.

PS Crisp struggled to get a game at Brisbane. He's turning out okay😀

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:36 pm

If we want Weideman, this is one way to make it happen. Freeing up a ruckman to trade could mean we keep our first round pick in 2015.

Not sure Kreuzer's the best fit to pair with Grundy. Better than Witts, as he's more mobile, but possibly to similar to Grundy? Certainly not a bad option though.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:46 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Fire Up wrote:

He's 30 I think.

Look at his exposed form/performance.

I can't fathom why Essendon haven't played him.

He would be a backup ruck for us with Grundy #1 and Cox hopefully moving into #2 pretty quickly, but Giles is more than serviceable if Grundy goes down injured and he would cost next to nothing in trade and be on a low salary.

He also played KPF for GWS at times and wasn't too bad so he provides backup there as well.

PS Crisp struggled to get a game at Brisbane. He's turning out okay😀

giles is injured at the moment. the knock on him was his rucking abilities to the point they played mckernan ahead of him and the latter is hardly a ruckman.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:56 pm

He rucked fine at GWS.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:58 pm

^ yeah, but he wasn't meeting the bombers' expectations whatever they were.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:59 pm

He is 26 years old.
So I would think they would want a first round pick
If they want to trade him.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:04 pm

I don't support getting a new ruckman in unless we trade one out in order to facilitate a trade for a prime target like Treloar.

I think that Giles was not being played because there were concerns about his attitude.
Prior to Mumford coming to GWS, Giles was playing good football.

Kreuzer has talent, but also no luck with injury. Not a fan of getting another who replicates Ben Reid's track record (probably far worse) of getting on the park.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:42 pm

Dangles wrote:
Can Kreuzer kick?

yes he can Cool

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:43 pm

I've given it some thought, and think we should stick with the ruck combo we've got and allow them to blossom over the next 2-3 years.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Kruezer reminds me a lot like Fraser. Both number one draft picks. Both pure ruckman who were played very early on because of lack of support ruckmen at their clubs. Both suffered a lot of injuries as a result. Fraser was finished by about the age of 28 and I suspect Kreuzer will be finished as a footballer at about the same age.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I've given it some thought, and think we should stick with the ruck combo we've got and allow them to blossom over the next 2-3 years.

the club will be pleased to know this. can you please write them an open letter? we haven't had one in over 24 hours.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

the club will be pleased to know this. can you please write them an open letter? we haven't had one in over 24 hours.

What do you mean 'we'?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28   

Jump to: