Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I.T.K.S. (It’s the kicking, stupid!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:13 pm
Post subject: I.T.K.S. (It’s the kicking, stupid!)Reply with quote

I'm apparently not allowed to open topics, whenever I do they get shut down, merged, or just disappear.

But I'll keep trying!

Anyway, the thread title says it all. The question I want to ask is:
How do YOU think it could be fixed?

We've kicked ourselves out of at least half a dozen games, our kicking has destroyed our season. But many of you refuse to believe that, you'd prefer to blame this player or that player...

But just humour me, lets pretend that kicking IS the problem. And lets be clear, its not just the physical action, its mental, largely mental. Were talking about guys who could sit there at training and kick footys into a 44 gallon drum, and snap passes to teammates which slap them on the chest, lace out all day long. At training.

So please, give me your opinion, how would YOU fix the kicking?

?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what the Hawks do.

Draft/Trade for players that can Kick

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 pm

De Ja VU, havent we done this dance before, re the kicking ????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
35forever 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Of course we have, but nothing keeps happening, and we keep kicking ourselves out of games. When guys like Pendles completely fluff kicks after stepping around 5 guys the problem is serious! He kicks that one in the last and we would've been up and going.

So whats the answer, Mine is to find Ryan Lonie, or his brother, and get them in as kicking coach. If nothing else it might give the guys confidence, knowing that its being taken seriously by the club, and that Bucks is capable of something other than blaming the players after each loss. As I said before, I believe Buckley is doing a great job with training and conditioning, and has finally got the injury numbers down a bit, but he just isn't a tactical coach, he doesn’t even have an overall strategy.

PS: As for "Doing what Hawthorn do", that’s a great idea in terms of learning to kick under pressure, but its dangerous in terms of attempting to play like them. On Friday night the commentators, I think it was Duck, said that Carlton were trying to play Hawthorn by playing their game. At the time there was only 10 minutes to go in the first and Hawthorn hadn't kicked a goal yet. Then Duck added that it was a good idea, but perhaps Carlton didn’t have the skills to pull it off.

Duck was right!!!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:53 pm

And while I think drafting or trading for guys that can kick is a great idea, that's why I went on and on about getting Jack Lonie at last years draft, if you got guys like that to Collingwood they'd lose the ability, because its all mental.

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Amazing, everyone here knows exactly what or who is wrong with Collingwood, everyone's a footy genius, but when it comes to practical solutions to problems, rather than just bitching like old women, I get ONE response. Thanks Dave!

Come on the rest of you, you're all so bloody quick to jump in with the boots if I say something controversial, where are you now???

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:54 pm

hmmm...how about we get 50 games of experience into the 2/3 of the side that don't have it? Practical enough?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:49 pm

35forever wrote:
Amazing, everyone here knows exactly what or who is wrong with Collingwood, everyone's a footy genius, but when it comes to practical solutions to problems, rather than just bitching like old women, I get ONE response. Thanks Dave!

Come on the rest of you, you're all so bloody quick to jump in with the boots if I say something controversial, where are you now???

ok china, my solution is, we get the best kicks the Pies have had, over the last few decades or so, guys like, barry price, thorold merrett, terry waters, wayne richardson, daicos, didak, et all, down to westpac, and over summer drill and drill and drill these young fellas on the art of kicking, over and over again. Pay these ol guys of course, for services rendered, but surely, surely it would do a powerful good to be taught by these legends. Idea Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:31 pm

35forever wrote:

Maybe the lack of responses is due to the acronym in the thread title… or the reference to 'stupid'? or maybe some have not had the chance in an hour to log on and respond? Perhaps there is a sense this thread will just be moved or closed down Smile

Re the kicking - I think we are getting what you would expect for a young team with limited experience. This might be compounded by our emphasis on inside players and a group of senior players who have poor disposal i.e Tooves down back and White/Cloke up forward.

The pies were only just pipped by the Hawks a few weeks back so we are just a little off the best at our best. A few key injuries and players out e.g Elliot and Adams and we are just middle of the road until the younger guys get a bit more match game experience and composure.

it will happen - by late 2016 we will be knocking off the best teams and will be a genuine threat for top 4 so please 35forever just be patient and you will see the pies in the big dance with Buckley the leading man Smile

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Do what the Hawks do.

Draft/Trade for players that can Kick

Bingo
Do it over a 7 to 10 year period and then you get a
whole team who can kick the thing properly.
It is simple stupid!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:41 pm

35forever wrote:

Your original post was at 3:13pm, the second at 3:34pm, the third at 3:53pm and this one at 4:45pm.

Did it occur to you that, besides DTM and you, everyone else around here may have a job? No, didn't think so.

Then there is the fact that the thread was started by you, a deterrent to most people.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Doc63 wrote:
35forever wrote:

Your original post was at 3:13pm, the second at 3:34pm, the third at 3:53pm and this one at 4:45pm.

Did it occur to you that, besides DTM and you, everyone else around here may have a job? No, didn't think so.

Then there is the fact that the thread was started by you, a deterrent to most people.

Whooshka!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Doc63 wrote:
35forever wrote:

Wasn't a deterrent to me but I'm not part of the mafia on this board
that specializes with shooting the messenger.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:57 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
35forever wrote:

Neither am I, but most of his posts end up being about 2000 words long. If that's not a deterrent, you've got too much spare time on your hands.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Doc63 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
35forever wrote:

Neither am I, but most of his posts end up being about 2000 words long. If that's not a deterrent, you've got too much spare time on your hands.

Good point
I find Iong posts tedious to read.
Maybe there should be word limit on posts.
i find myself trying to limit the length of my posts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: