Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Thought (or 10) for the day…

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:53 pm
Post subject: A Thought (or 10) for the day…Reply with quote

Some things that crossed my mind on this glorious Winter day in Melbourne:

1. Darren Millane…the VFL and AFL Magpies both winning by 42 points.
2. Jordan De Goey’s tackle and goal…welcome to the big time with this big play. Bit of Nathan Buckley about his kid.
3. Jesse White in his 100th game…moved around and did some Buddy-like things today. Ability to go into the ruck means we can pick an extra midfielder rather than playing both Grundy and Witts…kicks more goals than Leeroy Brown too.
4. Broomhead…did he go past Seedsman today? With Grundy, Blair, Greenwood and Reid to come back in, it’s going to be interesting to see (assuming Ben Kennedy and Jarryd Witts are dropped) which one of Seedsman, Broomhead or De Goey retains his spot. Seedsman - an obvious Nathan Buckley favourite and footballer I really like + rate - is in trouble.
5. Fitness…are we the Port Adelaide of 2014, in terms of our ability to run out games? Some big second halves of late will give the team enormous confidence to know they are never really out of any semi-close game.

- INTERMISSION -

6. Jarryd Witts…beaten by Mumford in terms of overall effectiveness around the ground, however I like the fact that he had more hit outs than Mummy, many of which were to advantage. Will be a very, very good ruckman once he gets to the peak of his powers in the next year or two.
7. Sidebottom building…watch this guy explode from about mid-July onwards.
8. Jack Frost beaten today…but been amazing all year. Almost been too easy a gig for him in 2015. Cam McCarthy took the points today, so let’s hope this reality check holds Jack in good stead for the second half of the year. Dustin Fletcher-like and shows all the signs of being just as good.
9. Our forward line…as a unit, working wonderfully. The re-integration of Alexander Fasolo - after the worst game I have ever seen an individual play in black + white (v Adelaide in Round 2) – has quite possibly been the catalyst. He came in of course after the Richmond loss. I remember watching him in the two’s that day at Punt Road…to his credit, he really hunted the ball and has been doing so ever since. Amazing how half a game in the two’s can redefine a player’s worth to the senior side.
10. Hawthorn…make no mistake, this mob will come good in the second half of the year. Still the team to beat. Not 100% convinced of Freo's forward line and as we speak, their backline is decimated. We have been Hawthorn's bitches ever since the 2011 Preliminary Final…almost like Hodgey, Roughy, Lewis, Rioli etc have a pact between them to lift 2-3 extra notches whenever they play us. Round 13 will be bloody tough, but Round 14 is our litmus test. If we get within 2 goals of the Dawks (or better still beat them) then ladies and gentlemen, as Eddie McGuire proclaimed at the Season’s Launch, we are as good a chance as anyone - in a very open field and with a sprinkle of luck on the injury/umpiring front - of taking home an unlikely 16th flag!

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:46 am; edited 20 times in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

edit.
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:01 pm

No they didn't mate.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
No they didn't mate.

yeah. sorry. went to recheck after i posted it. had it my head it was 43.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:01 am
Post subject: Re: A Thought (or 10) for the day…Reply with quote

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:

2. Jordan De Goey’s tackle and goal…welcome to the big time with this big play. Bit of Nathan Buckley about his kid.
3. Jesse White in his 100th game…moved around and did some Buddy-like things today. Ability to go into the ruck means we can pick an extra midfielder rather than playing both Grundy and Witts…kicks more goals than Leeroy Brown too.
4. Broomhead…did he go past Seedsman today? With Grundy, Blair, Greenwood and Reid to come back in, it’s going to be interesting to see – Ben Kennedy and Jarryd Witts aside – which one of Seedsman, Broomhead or De Goey retains his spot. An obvious Nathan Buckley favourite, I really like + rate the Seed…but he’s in trouble.
5. Fitness…are we the Port Adelaide of 2014, in terms of our ability to run out games? Some big second halves of late will give the team enormous confidence to know they are never really out of any game that’s semi-close.

- INTERMISSION -

6. Jarryd Witts…beaten by Mumford in terms of overall effectiveness around the ground, however I like the fact that he had more hit outs, many of which were to advantage. Will be a very, very good ruckman once he gets to the peak of his powers in the next year or two.
7. Sidebottom building…watch this guy explode from about mid-July onwards.
8. Jack Frost beaten today…but been amazing all year. Almost been too easy a gig for him in 2015. Cam McCarthy took the points today, so let’s hope this reality check holds Jack in good stead for the second half of the year. Dustin Fletcher-like and shows all the signs of being just as good.
9. Our forward line…as a unit, working wonderfully. The re-integration of Alexander Fasolo - after the worst game I have ever seen an individual play in black + white (v Adelaide in Round 2) – has quite possibly been the catalyst. He came in after the Richmond loss. I remember watching him in the two’s that day at Punt Road…he really hunted the ball and has been doing so ever since. Amazing how half a game in the two’s can redefine a player’s worth to the senior side.
10. Hawthorn…make no mistake, this mob will come good in the second half of the year. Still the team to beat. Not 100% convinced of Freo's forward line and as we speak, their backline has been decimated. We have been Hawthorn's bitches ever since the 2011 Preliminary Final…almost like Hodgey, Roughy, Lewis, Rioli etc have a pact between them to lift 2-3 extra notches whenever they play us. Round 13 will be bloody tough, but Round 14 is our litmus test. If we get within 2 goals of the Dawks – or better still beat them – then ladies and gentlemen, as Eddie McGuire proclaimed at the Season’s Launch, we are as good a chance as anyone - in a very open field and with luck on the injury/umpiring front - of taking home the 2015 flag!

Pretty much agree with all of that, except I actually think the Eagles (with Le Cras and Kennedy back), not Freo, are going to be the team to beat this year. Also, I think we're a better side with just the one ruckman - either Witts or Grundy. Assuming Blair, Greenwood and Reid come into the side soon, some will need to miss out. On present form I guess it would be out of Seedsman, Goldsack, Kennedy, Frost and De Goey.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:11 am

Not frost, no way. He, brown and Marley are out defence! With troves running through for good measure
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:57 pm
Post subject: Re: A Thought (or 10) for the day…Reply with quote

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:

LOL! Wonder what the odds were there!

Dyso

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:08 pm

good summary and enjoyed my popcorn and choc top ice cream during intermission!
Not sure Jack shall ever be in the same postcode, state or planet as Dustin (Saverio's bitch) Fletcher whose kicking, decision making and longevity shall exceed Jack.
Am worried about Seedsman. He really has "poor hands"!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: