Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wellingham would look good in our midfield.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

So he's had a few good games. My step Dad is an Eagle's member and he's been pretty underwhelmed by Wellingham's output since he came to the Eagles.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 pm

5150 wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Did he play his one good game this year? Laughing

Typical Sharrod, one big game about every 6 weeks, was the same when he was with us.

Spot on matty, best game for the year and they still lost. Playing more off the half back and looks to have found some courage (if the scarecrow in Wizard of Oz can do it, so can Sharrod)

Still, would not get a game in the midfield even with our depleted numbers.

I liked him, but we have won this deal with pick 18.

Oh, give me a break. Wellers had courage in spades. He wasn't a perfect (or even much better than average) player, but he never lacked bravery that's for sure. I always love it when keyboard warriors who probably call in sick to work when they have a hangover bang on about courage.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
5150 wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

Typical Sharrod, one big game about every 6 weeks, was the same when he was with us.

Spot on matty, best game for the year and they still lost. Playing more off the half back and looks to have found some courage (if the scarecrow in Wizard of Oz can do it, so can Sharrod)

Oh, give me a break. Wellers had courage in spades. He wasn't a perfect (or even much better than average) player, but he never lacked bravery that's for sure. I always love it when keyboard warriors who probably call in sick to work when they have a hangover bang on about courage.

during his time at collingwood he transformed into a very good contested mark.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm

John Wren wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
5150 wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

He used to take marks running back with the flight all the bloody time. Contested marking was one of his best skills.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
5150 wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

He used to take marks running back with the flight all the bloody time. Contested marking was one of his best skills.

i remember watching him at training in 2008 and for a fair few weeks he spent a large portion of each session concentrating on his contested marking.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:22 pm

I am glad you find this funny. But I am not a typical .
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 pm

simon tonna wrote:
I like him for wiping out that Carlton bloke at half back.💥

ST, that hit on Simpson a few years back was one of the lowest acts I've ever seen from a Collingwood player. Didn't impress me then, and nothing's changed. Deserved every week he got, if not more.
Not sorry to see him go; seemed more obsessed with his boyfriend Franklin, than turning up each week to get a kick, or put his head over the contested ball.

Wellingham would look good in rehab, where he belongs.

Dyso

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:12 am

^^^ I actually thought he was most unlucky to be suspended - he was contesting the ball. If he'd hit a Collingwood player, they would have accepted that he was going for the mark, as he plainly was.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:00 am

Wasn't the club of the opinion that he wasn't a team man? There was obviously a lot going on behind the scenes for a player to be given the Geoff Walsh 'farewell' of the type Wellers got.
"What I do know is our discipline, our attitude, if that's linked to culture, it is something we would feel needs to improve ........
"Our players will understand what we are all about, or if they don't need to be around for the ride, we are happy to accommodate them elsewhere."

Walsh found out that Wellingham wanted out via the internet.
He has not been missed by anybody at the Westpac Centre.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:10 am

35forever wrote:
O what absolute tripe! You know very well the best mid we lost was Thomas, look at the numbers, look at the BOGs, look at the big games, Look at the awards. Ross Lyon called him the best player in the game, Lethal said he was among the best.

He won't be coming back and he's having a shit time at Carlton, he hates it, but at least be real!

Are you still going on about this. Daisy is finished. We offloaded him at the perfect time. He will never be the footballer he was in 2010-11. He is on the decline.

If he was so good he would be doing a Beams, best player in a crap side, but he can't even manage that. He is a donkey, get over your love for him.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:18 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Wasn't the club of the opinion that he wasn't a team man? There was obviously a lot going on behind the scenes for a player to be given the Geoff Walsh 'farewell' of the type Wellers got.
"What I do know is our discipline, our attitude, if that's linked to culture, it is something we would feel needs to improve ........
"Our players will understand what we are all about, or if they don't need to be around for the ride, we are happy to accommodate them elsewhere."

Walsh found out that Wellingham wanted out via the internet.
He has not been missed by anybody at the Westpac Centre.

Thank you Neil.

He's gone for all the right reasons, one being he wanted to be right where he is, West Aus.

This thread is pointless..... There a hundreds of players I'd love in our midfield before him. Most of which will never happen either.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ I actually thought he was most unlucky to be suspended - he was contesting the ball. If he'd hit a Collingwood player, they would have accepted that he was going for the mark, as he plainly was.

I'd have to have another look at it, to contemplate changing my opinion.
My initial impression on seeing the clip ad nauseam before the tribunal decision was that he lined Simpson up for a hit, in an impulsive attempt to "fly the flag" for the club.
The theory was good, but the execution sloppy and ultimately dangerous.

But certainly not in the farcical sense that was Sidebottom's St.kilda bump [3 weeks?], or Thomas's hit on Freo in late 2011, which effectively trainwrecked our momentum going into September.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:27 am

schuey07 wrote:
35forever wrote:
O what absolute tripe! You know very well the best mid we lost was Thomas, look at the numbers, look at the BOGs, look at the big games, Look at the awards. Ross Lyon called him the best player in the game, Lethal said he was among the best.

He won't be coming back and he's having a shit time at Carlton, he hates it, but at least be real!

Are you still going on about this. Daisy is finished. We offloaded him at the perfect time. He will never be the footballer he was in 2010-11. He is on the decline.

If he was so good he would be doing a Beams, best player in a crap side, but he can't even manage that. He is a donkey, get over your love for him.

There's nothing in our game I despise more than whiney girls who demand players give absolute loyalty to Footy clubs who've profited from their brilliance, but cop out when asked for a bit of loyalty themselves, or that the club show a little loyalty to players. You've all been given memorable highlights by these guys, moments that will stay with you forever, but if they decide to try to get the most out of their very short career spans they're some kind of monster.

Grow up! You don't remember Daisy on the run into an open 50 with defender hard on his heels picking the dead ball up on the fly and slamming it through? You don't remember his fake out goal in the GF replay? The ten-foot screamer in his first year? The 50M boundary torp to get the lead back from Adelaide when we were 40 odd down at 3/4 time in 2011? No?

But because he followed team instructions as to his injury and missed a whole year, you were all happy to dump him the second he was given his marching orders in the shape of a pissweak offer from the club. Would YOU take a pay cut when someone else is offering to double it? Especially when your old boss has made it clear he's not a fan. NO, you wouldn’t.

He WAS better than either Beams or Wellers, and anyone whose memory reaches more than three years KNOWS it. Moreover Beamer and Wellers WERE excellent Collingwood players with different talents & different reasons for leaving. We got great deals for both trades, so why bitch? (In fact, given he's only played a handful, Crisp has been just about enough on his own, PLUS we get DeGoey to watch bloom).

Daisy post injury reminds me of nothing as much as John Greening post-injury, he looks out of sorts and unhappy. We still see the odd flash of the guy that gave us all so much to watch, and maybe he'll get back to his best, he's only 27, same age as Pendles, and if he gets a full pre-season he could still be one of those rare players you pay your money just to watch. Not one person here had a bad word to say about him until he was injured, suddenly everyone was holding his position as the most popular Collingwood player in years against him.

Finally consider this; If you were injured at work and had to sit at home for a year, would you be happy to return to work and find your salary had been halved? Yeah... Sure you would!

Anyway, my point was simply to refute that Wellers was the best player we lost in the "succession". Beams, Thomas, and Shaw were better.

That is the past. My favourite magpies now are Swanny, Pendles, Grundy, and Fas. (and watch out for Brendan Abbot!)

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:27 am

schuey07 wrote:
35forever wrote:

There's nothing in our game I despise more than whiney girls who demand players give absolute loyalty to Footy clubs who've profited from their brilliance, but cop out when asked for a bit of loyalty themselves, or that the club show a little loyalty to players. You've all been given memorable highlights by these guys, moments that will stay with you forever, but if they decide to try to get the most out of their very short career spans they're some kind of monster.

Grow up! You don't remember Daisy on the run into an open 50 with defender hard on his heels picking the dead ball up on the fly and slamming it through? You don't remember his fake out goal in the GF replay? The ten-foot screamer in his first year? The 50M boundary torp to get the lead back from Adelaide when we were 40 odd down at 3/4 time in 2011? No?

But because he followed team instructions as to his injury and missed a whole year, you were all happy to dump him the second he was given his marching orders in the shape of a pissweak offer from the club. Would YOU take a pay cut when someone else is offering to double it? Especially when your old boss has made it clear he's not a fan. NO, you wouldn’t.

He WAS better than either Beams or Wellers, and anyone whose memory reaches more than three years KNOWS it. Moreover Beamer and Wellers WERE excellent Collingwood players with different talents & different reasons for leaving. We got great deals for both trades, so why bitch? (In fact, given he's only played a handful, Crisp has been just about enough on his own, PLUS we get DeGoey to watch bloom).

Daisy post injury reminds me of nothing as much as John Greening post-injury, he looks out of sorts and unhappy. We still see the odd flash of the guy that gave us all so much to watch, and maybe he'll get back to his best, he's only 27, same age as Pendles, and if he gets a full pre-season he could still be one of those rare players you pay your money just to watch. Not one person here had a bad word to say about him until he was injured, suddenly everyone was holding his position as the most popular Collingwood player in years against him.

Finally consider this; If you were injured at work and had to sit at home for a year, would you be happy to return to work and find your salary had been halved? Yeah... Sure you would!

Anyway, my point was simply to refute that Wellers was the best player we lost in the "succession". Beams, Thomas, and Shaw were better.

That is the past. My favourite magpies now are Swanny, Pendles, Grundy, and Fas. (and watch out for Brendan Abbot!)

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 am

Thomas was a good player, when he could still walk unassisted and kick over a jam jar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: