Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mason Cox.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Rock wrote:
Cox playing very well at the moment now on the 2s live on 7. As is Gault and Fasolo scharenberg looks very settled in defence.

You must be watching a different Gault to the one BF watchers are seeing.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Both Cox and Gault were very ordinary imo.

Cox will need a couple of seasons to learn the game. Gault did a few good things but was monstered in the ruck. Fas was terrific until being rested (as emergency for the big game). Kennedy was BOG until injured after receiving a couple of very hard knocks. The poor kid just can't take a trick. Scharenberg got through ok and did a few nice things, but is a long way off senior footy. If only Marsh could improve his kicking, he'd be a senior player.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Gault isn't a ruckman.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:24 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I reckon if he keeps working on his marking, he could develop into a full forward, similar to Paul Salmon.

I've been thinking exactly this for some time. Give him another year at developing his skills, learning how to use his body in marking duels etc and he could be the other tall forward we've been looking for.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Gault isn't a ruckman.

Yup. He's still learning how to be a KPP, he's a fill in ruck ATM at best. People who criticise him are doing so because of their own pre conceived notions of what he should be doing. Just watch what he does do, he did OK today.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm amazed by his progress, what, 4 or 5 competitive games in? That intercept mark and f50 entry in the 1st qtr was Ablettesque!
Leave it, It's Billy E's 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 pm

agreed frankie...
that mark n pass to Faz w as a great sign of stuff ya cant teach...5 games in? man that is crazy!!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:54 pm

35forever wrote:
He couldn’t play NBA because his results at the draft training camp just weren't good enough. He could hardly chop a line, and his dollar bill rolling was frankly abysmal, as was his hooker bashing and getting arrested in Ferraris, he just didn't have it.

That's why West Coast weren't interested in him.

One of the truly great short posts. Smile

E 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 am

stui magpie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Gault isn't a ruckman.

Yup. He's still learning how to be a KPP, he's a fill in ruck ATM at best. People who criticise him are doing so because of their own pre conceived notions of what he should be doing. Just watch what he does do, he did OK today.

If we are now talking about Gault, I would make the following observation. I believe he is a class above the VFL but unfortunately a class below the AFL level. That means he is going to star at VFL level, but I'm not sure he'll make it and I'm not sure whether it will be indicative of his ability to make it in the AFL.

When he is at his very best (and there isn't as much pressure in the game), I think he is capable of performing at AFL level, and his ruckwork passes the second ruckman standard well enough. I just fear that the intense version of AFL played by AFL finals caliber teams with AFL finals caliber defenders is just going to be a road to tough for Gault.

I loke him though. He gives his all and does the little things well, which is why I think a lot here support him over the very frustrating but AFL caliber talent in white.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:32 am

loki04 wrote:
Dr.Rock wrote:
Cox playing very well at the moment now on the 2s live on 7. As is Gault and Fasolo scharenberg looks very settled in defence.

You must be watching a different Gault to the one BF watchers are seeing.

A lot of footy forum watches expect every KPP to be a Carey or a Pert clone. While it doesn't appear he'll ever be elite, Gault's coming along okay.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 am

E wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Gault isn't a ruckman.

If we are now talking about Gault, I would make the following observation. I believe he is a class above the VFL but unfortunately a class below the AFL level. That means he is going to star at VFL level, but I'm not sure he'll make it and I'm not sure whether it will be indicative of his ability to make it in the AFL.

When he is at his very best (and there isn't as much pressure in the game), I think he is capable of performing at AFL level, and his ruckwork passes the second ruckman standard well enough. I just fear that the intense version of AFL played by AFL finals caliber teams with AFL finals caliber defenders is just going to be a road to tough for Gault.

I loke him though. He gives his all and does the little things well, which is why I think a lot here support him over the very frustrating but AFL caliber talent in white.

Well said.
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks everybody, can you guys keep posting how is doing please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: