Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jesse White: time to be sub

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A fair dinkum spud

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Gault was ordinary in the VFL.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:07 pm

White is frustrating but kicked a couple and did his bit.

I think Witts and Grundy aren't working that well together at the moment though and I'm not against Gault coming back in for Witts.
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:15 pm

except for those awful misses (which i cant excuse and were momentum killers), White played well today.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:28 pm

As the author of this thread in happy to concede that he did OK today and warrants a spot in the 18 again next week.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Yep, did well, except for those times he halted the momentum of the team.

He's not up to it, plain and simple

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:59 pm

He frustrates me to hell. For everything he does right he does 3 things wrong.

The moment for me was late in the first score is 4.2 to 0.2 and have all the momentum ball comes to him in the forward pocket and an easy joe the goose in the square and a 5 goal lead if he simply gives a handball. Either he doesn't see the loose man or selfishly takes the snap and misses. Richmond take the ball up the other end and kick their first goal. Has a chance to make up for it a minute later and misses from 15m out.

Last edited by Johnno75 on Sun May 17, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:00 pm

cost us the game
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Again. He was OK. Missed that sitter in the 1st, which in the end was very costly. Both the end scoreline and the momentum at that time.

But alas. He is a guy we got in for a mid range pick. And that is why we got him cheap. He has his faults. You guys are expecting to spend a mid range pick to get the next Wayne Carey. FFS he does OK. And plays a decent role for us. Ideally we'd have another key forward that plays no 2 and White would be a good 3rd string. But alas we don't have anyone better. Gualt isn't the answer. Or at least not yet.

So we must persist with Witts, white, grundy and cloke. Hopefully it will gel.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:56 pm

White is a frustrating player to watch but I suspect many people overrated him when we first recruited him from the Swans back in 2013 based on his late-season form in 2013. I was skeptical of recruiting him but I was willing to support him and prove me wrong.

His miss in front of goal in the first quarter was appalling and really changed the whole context of how the match would end up transpiring. His attack on the ball is frequently poor for someone of his athletic ability and size.

I've seen glimpses that he's a very capable footballer and a handy target up forward but these moments are few and far between sadly. Considering we have a lack of KPP options at the present time I doubt White will get dropped plus we need him up in the forward line purely for structural reasons more than anything else.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 am

White was alright I thought. That moment when he tore his way through the pack and got his kick in was a good one I thought. Its interesting Cloke and Seedsman and others missed goals so why was it White's goal "cost us the match" and not the others. The one I thought he could have done better with was the shot from the boundary line. I thought he may have done better if he had taken his time with the kick rather than rushing it like he did. I thought he was more in the play than Elliot who seemed to go missing ala Fasolo in the forward line at times.

The reasons we lost wasn't White but the problems in both the backline and centre, We are short of quality mids by at least two at the moment. Sidebottom coming back will help but its clear we are missing Beams. I thought the backline didn't cope with Richmond's faster movement and were split open too often. They missed Toovey sure but Frost, Williams, and some of the others didn't have great games down back for sure.

I think I'd rather see Gault left in the side for an extended run than Witts at the moment. Witts is okay but very mono-dimensional at times and since he has been back we've looked unbalanced.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 am

Jezza wrote:
White is a frustrating player to watch but I suspect many people overrated him when we first recruited him from the Swans back in 2013 based on his late-season form in 2013. I was skeptical of recruiting him but I was willing to support him and prove me wrong.

His miss in front of goal in the first quarter was appalling and really changed the whole context of how the match would end up transpiring. His attack on the ball is frequently poor for someone of his athletic ability and size.

I've seen glimpses that he's a very capable footballer and a handy target up forward but these moments are few and far between sadly. Considering we have a lack of KPP options at the present time I doubt White will get dropped plus we need him up in the forward line purely for structural reasons more than anything else.

Exactly, was a hot and cold player at the Swans, has been exactly that at the Pies. People who suggest dropping him or worse need to get a grip, there isn't an alternative and until there is he'll play.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 am

melliot wrote:
...... You guys are expecting to spend a mid range pick to get the next Wayne Carey. ...........

Um no no no.... all we are expecting is for an AFL level player to be able to kick a goal from 15m out top of the square. That is all we are expecting. And they are pretty bloody low expectations. Its the equivalent of someone slam dunking and actually getting it in the hoop.

While I understand the lack of alternative...... he needs a rocket of some kind because this:

Johnno75 wrote:
He frustrates me to hell. For everything he does right he does 3 things wrong.

The moment for me was late in the first score is 4.2 to 0.2 and have all the momentum ball comes to him in the forward pocket and an easy joe the goose in the square and a 5 goal lead if he simply gives a handball. Either he doesn't see the loose man or selfishly takes the snap and misses. Richmond take the ball up the other end and kick their first goal. Has a chance to make up for it a minute later and misses from 15m out.

Sums it up. This hurts a side enormously.

It is not AFL standard. Its not even under 15s standard.

Its not all his fault. But he is part of our problem.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:17 am

Gerry Cooper wrote:
White was alright I thought. That moment when he tore his way through the pack and got his kick in was a good one I thought. Its interesting Cloke and Seedsman and others missed goals so why was it White's goal "cost us the match" and not the others. The one I thought he could have done better with was the shot from the boundary line. I thought he may have done better if he had taken his time with the kick rather than rushing it like he did. I thought he was more in the play than Elliot who seemed to go missing ala Fasolo in the forward line at times.

The reasons we lost wasn't White but the problems in both the backline and centre, We are short of quality mids by at least two at the moment. Sidebottom coming back will help but its clear we are missing Beams. I thought the backline didn't cope with Richmond's faster movement and were split open too often. They missed Toovey sure but Frost, Williams, and some of the others didn't have great games down back for sure.

I think I'd rather see Gault left in the side for an extended run than Witts at the moment. Witts is okay but very mono-dimensional at times and since he has been back we've looked unbalanced.

Agree, can't point to 1 missed goal and suggest it's more costly then any other. Could just as easily point to the number of times our players slipped putting them out of contests.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:19 am

jackcass wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:

Agree, can't point to 1 missed goal and suggest it's more costly then any other. Could just as easily point to the number of times our players slipped putting them out of contests.

It would be perhaps more easily forgotten if it wasn't an ongoing trend Jackcass. Besides which it was the critical point in the game that it occurred and the fact it was from point blank range.

Seedsmans miss was poor, as was one of clokes but White trumped them all. Make no mistake.

Still nothing we can do about it as I cant see us maintaining our forward structure without him.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: