Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jesse White: time to be sub

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
White's getting to the contests, but he has just got to be better when he gets there and impose himself. I think he has been servicable so far.

i think this is the thing most supporters want to see. he has the frame that looks like it could run through a pack. if he can kick a couple of goals, take a few overhead, contested grabs or create contests and bring the ball to ground, create space for other forwards and be an effective link man then he'll have done his job. not asking for much really.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:03 pm

yeah.... nah!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:02 pm

I think this is a really bad idea. You'd prefer your subs to be small to medium running types. It's more often than not, what you need towards the end of a game.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
yeah.... nah!

I like it…

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:37 pm

White can and does hit packs hard and take great pack marks, he simply doesn’t do it often enough, period. He was fantastic in the first few last year and did the same this year, but seems to drop off a bit after that. I would imagine the problem is upstairs, his last game for Sydney was a near BOG in a Prelim, he was up and down the ground picking up possessions like crazy and making a huge impact. He just hasn’t been as manic for us. Why? Coaching? Other problems? God knows his position isn't a lock, we have more talls than we know what to do with: Darcy, Gault, Cloke, Reid, Cox, Witts, they can't all play, surely? Unless we change to a 'keepings off' style!

He has the skills and size to be a real force in the game, he just doesn't produce often enough. Why?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:02 pm

35forever wrote:

He has the skills and size to be a real force in the game, he just doesn't produce often enough. Why?

I heard wayne carey talking about him and said that he basically has little game sense and runs to the wrong places. Geelong defenders peeled off him because he, to use and old Dyersim, "keeps running where the ball aint"

I think he may just be a dumb footballer, in the sense of being able to read the game and needs some serious instructions on what he needs to do.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:17 pm

E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
Ok for the last time, White will NOT be dropped, White will NOT be Delisted, White will NOT be a sub, he is part of the structure up the forward to centre that Buckley is working with and although his performance have been sub par, its no worse than Goldsack for example yet I don't see anyone calling for his demise???

The guy has talent and will get it together, he'll never be an A elite player but he will play a role.

The difference is that Goldsack never leaves you wondering. He goes in hard and often and his success to date has more to do with effort and guts as opposed to raw talent.

On the other hand White has not realised his potential as he is far too soft and avoids body contact and putting his body on the line. If he went at it a bit harder and was more consistent with his kicking he would be a real asset. At he moment the club is hanging in there hoping he will take the next step. Personally I do not think he has it in him as he is too soft both mentally and physically.

Goldsack might put his body on the line, but unfortunately, in most games, that's all he does. He doesn't get the ball, or hurt the opposition, but he applies a tackle here or there.

He needs to do more….as does White. Both can be dangerous players, but they rarely are.[/i]

Goldsack is obviously neither Pendlebury or Lance Franklin. Everyone can do more. what annoys me is not the fact that people want more from Goldsack. Its that they think he should be dropped/delisted/hung and quartered (which right now is a load of baloney). He might be one of the first 10 players picked every week.

I always liked Goldsack, but he's stagnated or even regressed. After 13 games we should expect more than a Jack Watts performance from Golsdack.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:37 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
Ok for the last time, White will NOT be dropped, White will NOT be Delisted, White will NOT be a sub, he is part of the structure up the forward to centre that Buckley is working with and although his performance have been sub par, its no worse than Goldsack for example yet I don't see anyone calling for his demise???

The guy has talent and will get it together, he'll never be an A elite player but he will play a role.

The difference is that Goldsack never leaves you wondering. He goes in hard and often and his success to date has more to do with effort and guts as opposed to raw talent.

On the other hand White has not realised his potential as he is far too soft and avoids body contact and putting his body on the line. If he went at it a bit harder and was more consistent with his kicking he would be a real asset. At he moment the club is hanging in there hoping he will take the next step. Personally I do not think he has it in him as he is too soft both mentally and physically.

Goldsack might put his body on the line, but unfortunately, in most games, that's all he does. He doesn't get the ball, or hurt the opposition, but he applies a tackle here or there.

He needs to do more….as does White. Both can be dangerous players, but they rarely are.[/i]

Goldsack is obviously neither Pendlebury or Lance Franklin. Everyone can do more. what annoys me is not the fact that people want more from Goldsack. Its that they think he should be dropped/delisted/hung and quartered (which right now is a load of baloney). He might be one of the first 10 players picked every week.

I always liked Goldsack, but he's stagnated or even regressed. After 13 games we should expect more than a Jack Watts performance from Golsdack.

A lousy 7 possessions last week was simply not good enough. He seems to play one good game every 4 or 5 weeks, but cannot find any consistency at all.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Oh lord, they're going after moneybags now! We all loved the sack a few weeks ago, now that’s what they want to give him!
Goldy is our best exponent of forward defense, probably the most important skill in the modern game (apart from kicking, but no one can do that anymore!). He does the hard things each week, many of which don't get a stat (why do we not give a stat for smothers, punching the ball away from a player, applying pressure and most of the things we call 'one-percenters'?).

He's not having a stellar season so far, and if his numbers don't climb in the next couple he'll probably get a look at Vic Park, but he's hard as a cats head, and can do the things that can turn a game. I believe he's a pretty good mate of Lachy Keefe's so that might be a clue to his season, that's the luckiest situation in football history! Not a single game lost by an Essendrug player, but our two guys are out on their ear before evidence is even finalised, and for something which sounds like it was just bad luck with no intention whatsoever to gain an advantage. I wrote (here? Im not sure) the week the drug scandal broke, that Essendon wouldn’t lose a game to any player, but somehow it'll end up being us that get disadvantaged, but even I didn't expect this much disadvantage!

White isn't doing that badly, he's our third highest goal kicker, unfortunately he should be second but is learning too much about kicking from Clokey. And he certainly seems to be doing more around the ground than any other tall forward.
His set shots need to improve, but that goes for the whole 29 who've played so far, and he has taken some mighty marks and kicked a couple of big goals at important times.

As for the 'Duck' he was a great player but he's a goddam awful commentator! Friday night's 'barracking' for Essendon against his old side was appalling! Watch the 2013 Geelong v Sydney Prelim, and tell me that White isn't a hugely talented player!

Go Pies!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Oh Jesse... Jesse...Jesse... he's playing.... he's playing.... he's playing the Jesse White Role! Laughing
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:58 pm

really bad miss at the end of the first. demoralizing. and tigers making us pay!
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Has to go. Doing nothing, except the screw ups.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Oh Jesse... Jesse...Jesse... he's playing.... he's playing.... he's playing the Jesse White Role! Laughing

You mean Jessica? Laughing

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Piss him off!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:00 pm

He has got to go, Gault to play his role until Moore comes good, but those missed opportunities in the 1st, with little pressure, jeez, you just can't have it.
Lost us the game

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: