Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies supporters stick phat

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:50 am
Post subject: Pies supporters stick phatReply with quote

I recall that during our dark days of 1999 we still had plenty of supporters going to our games. Yes we lost most games and some were humiliating but we stuck by our team. I remember enjoying watching some of the young guys develop or cheering the one percenters, the brilliance of Bux - or just cheering and chanting to stick it up the opposition!

I was that confident of the loyalty of our fans I had a bet with an Essendon work mate re who would draw the bigger crowds in 2000 Home and away games. The bummers were flying in 99 and 2000 but I managed to win the bet because we are a loyal bunch. Unlike the bloozers who like rats have jumped off a sinking ship! The lack of loyalty highlights their spoilt arrogance as fair-weather supporters…

Footy is a journey with many more lows than highs, even the most successful clubs will have many years without premiership glory - but true supporters stick phat!

FACT - The Carlton football club was founded (1864) in the year of the RAT Smile

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

leave the rat alone!

it's all relative. we have a larger supporter base so our low end numbers are going to be higher than theirs.

they have to be careful they don't go the way of the newtown jets or south sydney. it looks like we'll be propping up this mob too for some time to come.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:04 am

Yeah maybe a bit harsh on the rat… Smile

A few years in the wilderness will probably be a good thing for many Bloozer supporters. It is the humbling experience they clearly need!

relative or not… in 2000 the year after finishing last we came out and continued to support our club - even more so that the bummers who were the top team - I think it is worth noting.

Bloozers are jumping ship - well except for the inept Board and coach and recruiter and fitness guy…. hahahaha

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:01 am

Pigs arse Elliott will be on Mike Sheahan's Open Mike tomorrow night. That will be worth watching. Suck it up Big Nose! Razz

Pity that former Carlton President Harris (the one who slurred us after they and the umps stole 1979 from us) is dead. If there is a God I hope he opens the windows of hell for this season so that Harris can witness what an absolute dog turd his club has become.

pratt-wide-620x349.jpg

The face of the current CFC! No wonder they give up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: