Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That is his only hope as there is too many muslims in France to take a heavy handed approach.

The tough talking is simply politics; they all know there is no chance "to definitively wipe out islamo-fascism from our territory"

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:57 pm

https://twitter.com/Charlie_Hebdo_/status/1321134572105572352

The best response to Erdogan is making fun of him, although it is a bit crass but better than beheading I would have thought

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:36 am

Don't know about that, wpt. Beheading Erdogan would solve a lot of problems, I reckon.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:28 am

David wrote:
It’s certainly worrying. Feels like we go through periods of lulls in terrorist activity but then attacks start cropping up together. These horrifying attacks seem very specifically aimed at France, but worth keeping an eye on.

terrorists, hate crimes, how on earth do you stop this? ram raids, knives, a lot harder to control than guns or bombs. everyday items.

I have to say i dont like these particular kinds of cartoons, against any religion, or even politicians, its a cowards way of having a crack. Im not a fan of sarcasm and pulling a leg to "innocently' hurt someones feelings, the good old 'im only joking". there is always an element of truth and someone always gets hurt. No wonder so many people feel disenfranchised.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:16 pm

I wouldn’t be too worried about hurting Erdogan’s feelings – ultimately his is a reign of terror and a lot of people suffer and die on his account. I think there’s something to be said for the virtue of mocking the powerful.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:52 pm

David wrote:
I wouldn’t be too worried about hurting Erdogan’s feelings – ultimately his is a reign of terror and a lot of people suffer and die on his account. I think there’s something to be said for the virtue of mocking the powerful.

I was speaking generally, so your left with: I wouldnt be to concerned about hurting .............feelings, I think there’s something to be said for mocking the powerful.

I disagree, I’d prefer to take the higher ground, and also, I’m not dumb enough to mock the powerful, as in a terrorist, it’s asking for trouble. False humour is a pathetic weapon.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:09 am

Looks like things are getting bad over in Europe – reports in of an attack on a synagogue in Vienna:

https://news.sky.com/story/one-dead-in-exchanges-of-fire-in-central-vienna-12122166

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Getting bad? It took a break due to the virus, I was wary when I went last August. A lot of my friends commented on the fence around the Eiffel Tower, it want there when they went in the last few years. Bollards everywhere.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:46 pm

I think it was well before that – basically, things simmering down a little in Syria and ISIS being more or less defeated in Iraq a couple of years back seem to have been catalysts for a significant reduction in international terrorism. My theory for a long time has been that there needs to be a flag to rally around, or else this stuff dissipates. What worries me is that the murder of the French teacher and the pro-freedom-of-speech response from Macron (which of course I support) has been one such rallying point.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:38 am

Once again, it appears that the attacks were by a lone shooter who was known for his support of ISIS:

Quote:
The gunman killed during a deadly terrorist attack in the Austrian capital Vienna served a prison term for attempting to reach Syria to join Islamic State, the Government said....

The Interior Ministry in Vienna said the Austrian-North Macedonian dual citizen had been sentenced to 22 months in prison in April 2019 and was released due to his young age in December 2019.

"The fact is that the terrorist managed to deceive the judicial system's deradicalisation program [to secure his release]", Mr Nehammer said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-03/islamist-terrorist-behind-vienna-attacks-that-left-five-dead/12845112
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:55 pm

Never in the news anymore... it's like terrorism just vanished, a bit like covid. The media is a very strange beast isn't it?!

euronews wrote:

Nine people from Central Asia were arrested in Germany and the Netherlands on Thursday over alleged plans to carry out attacks in Germany and for collecting money for the Islamic State group, authorities said.

Seven men arrested in Germany were accused of founding a “domestic terrorist group” and of supporting IS, federal prosecutors said.

German Interior Minister Nancy Faeser told journalists in Berlin that "the threat of Islamist terror remains very acute, as you can see from today's arrests.”

https://www.euronews.com/2023/07/07/nine-arrested-in-germany-and-netherlands-over-islamist-terrorist-fears

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:43 pm

Skids wrote:
Never in the news anymore... it's like terrorism just vanished, a bit like covid. The media is a very strange beast isn't it?!

euronews wrote:

Nine people from Central Asia were arrested in Germany and the Netherlands on Thursday over alleged plans to carry out attacks in Germany and for collecting money for the Islamic State group, authorities said.

Seven men arrested in Germany were accused of founding a “domestic terrorist group” and of supporting IS, federal prosecutors said.

German Interior Minister Nancy Faeser told journalists in Berlin that "the threat of Islamist terror remains very acute, as you can see from today's arrests.”

The 'war against terror'' no longer suits the interests of the US government and its allies (such as Australia). Their new agenda is the war against nuclear armed competitors. However, this fact needs to be disguised by occasionally resurrecting the ''threat of islamic terror''. In fact, the threat from Islamist terrorists is far less than for example the threat of domestic terrorists in the US, or of dying from a random mass shooting in the US.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105
Page 105 of 105   

Jump to: