Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
No takers, then. I thought not.

It's posted in the wrong thread. The guy wasn't Islamic. Whataboutism is pathetic as it is, even worse when you have to cherry pick 1 white person every 3 months to counter the 10 daily Islamists.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
No takers, then. I thought not.

Another right wing racist conservative male murders again in Western Society. Who's a thunk? Where are the apologists?

(oops ....I'm too late)

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:12 pm

I don't see any apologists, I see people myself included directing people who can't read a thread title to make their own. As for your "Another blah blah blah" your celebration every time (once every 12 months or so) a terrorist killer is white and male is disgusting and disturbing racism. There's no pattern of right wing white westerners engaging in terror attacks but if you want to put your 1 per year or so white terrorist against the 10 per day Islamic ones then like I said, make your thread and have at it, stop shitting up this one.

The guy wasn't a "Right wing conservative" either, he was a total loony tunes, off his rocker mad man. He heard voices in his head. People like this used to be put into asylums.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Celebration? Curious definition. But you do protest loudly. Personally, I would have thought quite a few right wing white conservatives are quite insane but that’s another matter.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Of course there's a couple of crazy conservatives, like there's a couple of sane progressives.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:32 pm

In the meantime it’s white right wing conservative males who do this terror racist murder joining their conservative muslim brothers doing the same.

Whether it’s synagogue’s, bars, gay disco’s. I don’t see left wing nutters killing like I do right wing nutters in Western Society.

What is it about right wing ideology that attracts young men to become racists and think it’s OK to kill others like this?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:44 pm

A Left winger shot up the Republican baseball game, another drove into a Trump crowd like a week ago, Dayton mass shooter was a left winger it goes on and on and on but of course the media don't report on this stuff or memory hole it as fast as possible and those pushing an agenda conveniently forget all the crazy, nut job left wingers because it doesn't fit their world view.

Extremists tend to get violent and the left by its progressive, controlling and revolutionary nature is more extreme. Conservatism means to do things slowly or maintain the status quo, the left thinks violence is the answer to silencing their political opponents and furthering the "progress" they think is needed.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Since the start of 2017 (so a bit more than 3 years), it seems that there has been a grand total of 1 fatal Islamic terrorist incident in Germany, killing a total of 1 person.

Since the start of last June, by contrast, there have been 4 separate fatal right-wing extremist terrorist incidents, killing a total of 15 people.

But, no doubt, they're just looking to "conserve" Germany - in the best traditions of "conservatism".
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:51 pm

Nice cherry picking. Ignore December 2016 and use this attack, which wasn't by a "Conservative" but by a literally insane man. You're nothing but a sophist, but then that's been obvious for a long time.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:52 pm

@P4S

How does that work if you apply the same lens to England?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Since the start of 2017 (so a bit more than 3 years), it seems that there has been a grand total of 1 fatal Islamic terrorist incident in Germany, killing a total of 1 person.

Since the start of last June, by contrast, there have been 4 separate fatal right-wing extremist terrorist incidents, killing a total of 15 people.

But, no doubt, they're just looking to "conserve" Germany - in the best traditions of "conservatism".

Quite so. It’s quite a phenomenon that many mentally ill people find solace in an extension of right wing views: be it Islamic or Neo Nazi.

Rather than Burkian Conservatism the phenomenon is more linked in my view with extreme violence and terror of the right. Be it Charlotteville or Germany. It’s cherry picking when one chooses to ignore the elephant in the room, that being alienated right wing boys in different guises. The previous ideas of resentment as a motive for right wing boys still resonates.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:56 am

Not sure if it's a group but a male of Libyan origin has been arrested for a stabbing incident in Reading London: so far 3 killed. Appalling.

"...What do we know about the suspect?...

..Security sources have told the BBC the man arrested at the scene is thought to be Libyan, and counter terrorism officers are at the scene.
Police have not ruled out terror as a possible motivation for the attack.
Home Affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford said he had been told the suspect had previously been in prison in the UK but for a relatively minor offence, not a terrorism offence.
..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-53123975

From the Guardian UK:

"...Since the UK terrorism threat was lowered, there have been two jihadist attacks. Weeks after the official announcement, on 29 November, Jack Merritt, 25, and Saskia Jones, 23, were stabbed to death by Usman Khan, 28, who was tackled by people at a prisoner rehabilitation conference at London Bridge. Khan’s attack was halted only when he was shot dead by armed officers.

Then on 2 February, Sudesh Amman, who had been recently released while serving a terrorism sentence, stabbed two people in Streatham, south London. He wore a fake suicide vest and armed surveillance officers had been following him and shot him dead.
.."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/20/police-incident-reading-town-centre-forbury-gardens-park-

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:41 pm

Not a group apparently - but after their initial hesitation, they're calling it a terrorist attack. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/21/reading-stabbings-libyan-held-after-three-killed-in-park-attack

It's probably a moot point but is an isolated guy who kills 3 people with a knife, acting on his own, engaging in a terrorist attack or just a mass murderer?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:43 pm

^ Depends on his motive whether he's a terrorist or not.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:58 pm

^ That's more of a slogan than an answer, isn't it?

Speaking philosophically, if someone intends to commit a solo mass murder, do they cease to be a mass murderer and become a terrorist because they claim particular allegiances or announce particular things?

Say, eg, it's a ratbag with a lot of weaponry in a hotel in Vegas - wants to kill a lot of people but not for any particular political reason. If the very same person does the very same thing, killing the very same number of people, but leaves a manifesto asserting that it was done in furtherance of shooter's rights or, say, a demand that Trump be installed as dictator or Supreme Leader , is that terrorism or just a delusional mass murderer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 103 of 105   

Jump to: