Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This clergy abuse and general misdeed tracker reminded me of this thread: http://www.bishop-accountability.org/AbuseTracker/

Just imagine what the actual numbers arethe church has spent billions of dollars hiding this, while a large percentage of child rape victims never come forward at all.

In contrast, the extremist groups Skids focuses on spend money publicising and laying claim to their deeds rather than hiring PR companies to obscure them.

In an extremely bitter local "victory", Christian clergy will finally take the stand at the Commission, though I see Cowardinal Pell is likely to avoid leadership responsibility yet again. Skids, perhaps you should put some of your copy-and-pasting efforts into getting him on the stand.

CathNews wrote:
It is the first time convicted Catholic clergy will be called as witnesses before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, which will also investigate the impact of these crimes on the community of Ballarat.

This months hearing, starting on May 19, will be the first of two held by the Royal Commission in the city.

Several former priests and teachers in Catholic schools from Ballarat have been jailed for child abuse committed over several decades. Many of their victims are expected to give evidence before the Commission, including those from St Alipius Parish and St Alipius Primary School, where Gerald Ridsdale worked for several years.

Ridsdale was ultimately jailed for abusing more than 50 children between the 1960s and 80s.

The commission will also hear about abuse at St Patricks College in Ballarat, where Ridsdale and Cardinal George Pell, former Archbishop of Melbourne and Sydney, and now a senior figure in the Vatican, went to school.

Cardinal Pell is not expected to give evidence before the Commission.

http://cathnews.com/cathnews/21297-pedophile-priests-to-give-evidence-at-ballarat-commission-hearings

Last edited by pietillidie on Wed May 06, 2015 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:48 pm

How many?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:49 pm

^Too many, tinhead.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:18 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Skids, perhaps you should put some of your copy-and-pasting efforts into getting him on the stand.

Is there a thread on the subject? Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Hehe at least you have a sense of humour David!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Equating Islamic terror attacks with child abusing Catholic priests? How ridiculous. Unlike murderous Islamic terror attacks, the Clergy has nothing like a monopoly on sex abuse. It's the most lame of pathetic strawman argument to boot, has absolutely nothing to do with the vast numbers of Islamic mass murders and serves nothing but to deflect.

If Catholic sex abuse is such a concern for you then deal with it in its own thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with this one.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Why do you think the horrible things done by one bunch of religious kooks are worse than the horrible things done by a different bunch of religious kooks? It is entirely appropriate to deal with the disaster that is religious extremism and authoritarianism in a single thread devoted to that topic.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:00 pm

I don't have a problem with putting Skids Lists in one thread, it actually helps focus on it. Muslim Murder watch.

But equating things done by radical nutjobs in the name of their religion to bad things done by people under cover of religion is ridiculous and cheap.

Can we at least get acknowledgement of the facts that Skids is posting up?

The fact is that on a daily basis, more atrocities are committed in the name of Islam than for all the other religions combined. That surely raises a significant query about those who purport to be Islamic religious leaders.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:02 pm

Tannin wrote:
Why do you think the horrible things done by one bunch of religious kooks are worse than the horrible things done by a different bunch of religious kooks? It is entirely appropriate to deal with the disaster that is religious extremism and authoritarianism in a single thread devoted to that topic.

Clergy preying on children is indeed horrible, so is any child sexual abuse and I don't see anybody anywhere trying to diminish that (hide it yes, and those Cardinals and Bishops should also face their day of secular judgement). It is however a totally separate issue to institutional violence called for by Islam and instituted by so many of its followers.

Deflecting from the evils of Islam, what this thread is about, with Catholic kiddy fiddlers, is something that should be immediately split off into its own thread. I haven't really had anything to add to the 'Jihad Counter', I feel it speaks for itself but attempting to derail any discussion by bringing up Clergy doesn't add anything, nor does it dispute the OP's points, it's a smokescreen.

I also think that Priestly sexual abuse is the opposite of fundamentalism, the perpetrators are going against just about everything their religion says from the canonical texts to their own rules and regulations. The perpetrators should be ex-communicated and I'm sure would be facing hellfire unless they've confessed etc etc.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Split from the ISIS thread and titled " bad things done by Muslims " - posts about bad things done by anyone else Catholics, leprechauns, pink people, green people or garden gnomes are off topic are they not???

Why isn't that post split to a new thread - bad things the clergy do ???????

Or change the thread title to " bad things done by people who believe there is a fairy living in their back garden" Rolling Eyes

Or are such comments back seat moderating??

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Like this?....

"Allah, may he be praised, said Kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from where they have driven you out; for internal strife [Fitna] is worse than killing."

The Quranic verse quoted by the Abu Hafs Al-Masri Brigades in explaining the murder of 202 Madrid train commuters

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Or this?.....

"What moved me to do what I did was purely my faith. I was motivated by the law that commands me to cut off the head of anyone who insults Allah and his Prophet."

Mohammed Bouyeri, explaining in court why he stabbed Dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh to death. (Bouyeri was holding a Qur'an at the time).

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:38 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Split from the ISIS thread and titled " bad things done by Muslims " - posts about bad things done by anyone else Catholics, leprechauns, pink people, green people or garden gnomes are off topic are they not???

Or change the thread title to " bad things done by people who believe there is a fairy living in their back garden" Rolling Eyes

Read my post 2 up from yours. happy to argue or debate. I'm not about throwing rocks at the people who follow Islam, the Muslims, most of whom are blameless in this whole mess and victims by association in the main.

The dishonest failure to accept the issues with Islam as a religion as practised or preached by a number of people is the catalyst for threads like this and a large chunk of the anti Muslim sentiment. Taking the elitist view and blaming the dummies for not being educated enough to see the truth just throws fuel on the fire, doesn't it.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Read my post 2 up from yours. happy to argue or debate. I'm not about throwing rocks at the people who follow Islam, the Muslims, most of whom are blameless in this whole mess and victims by association in the main.

The dishonest failure to accept the issues with Islam as a religion as practised or preached by a number of people is the catalyst for threads like this and a large chunk of the anti Muslim sentiment. Taking the elitist view and blaming the dummies for not being educated enough to see the truth just throws fuel on the fire, doesn't it.

I agree entirely

My issue is that this thread was started as a split from the ISIS one and given IMO a smart arse title - so off topic threads such as posts about the clergy and child fiddling should be also split into a new thread or deleted as they are not relevant to the stated thread topic!

And off to General Feedback in 1, 2, 3 ...............

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Can we at least get acknowledgement of the facts that Skids is posting up?

The fact is that on a daily basis, more atrocities are committed in the name of Islam than for all the other religions combined. That surely raises a significant query about those who purport to be Islamic religious leaders.

But, unlike the claim in your post which may or may not be true, you need to cite reliable, verifiable sources to do this properly; you can't just quote third-hand stuff. It's not that there is a shortage of extremist killings, but there's no point listing things if your list has no proper sources.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 3 of 105   

Jump to: