Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Blues - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
surfer1 wrote:
Out of curiosity has Oxley ever played forward, he is tall, good kick and mark

He has actually, back in his Redland days. Kicked a bag of 6 once or twice, IIRC...

But that was on NEAFL grade key defenders. Wouldn't mind seeing him trialled on a half forward flank...

Played HFF his first couple of senior games back in 2013. Didn't have much of an impact apart from a bullet pass in congestion to Swanny which resulted in a goal. I like the idea of him playing HF - wing. Seems to have all the attributes to play there, not too disimilar to Karnezis in that respect.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:27 am

Piesnchess wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
kickit2me wrote:
Carlton are shit.

.....and I farkin' hate seeing them lead us in head to head encounters 125 to 120. It's narrowed in recent years but until the ledger favours us, and we beat them in a GF, my life as a Pies supporter will remain unfulfilled.

I feckin' hate these **nts

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Exactly

the lying cheating bastards still have one more flag than us, the one they stole off geelong in 95, by rorting and cheating the salary cap and draft. Until we equal them on premierships, I with you, my footy life will be unfulfilled, we need to win a sixteenth flag, and square the ledger. Exclamation Razz

Actually we need to win a 17th flag to wipe that smug look completely off their faces.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Really nervous about this game. So far this year I have been correct in predicting our results so I'm hoping this is just the usual, irrational concern I feel whenever we play them.

I know it's childish but to me, a loss this week will undo all the good work on anzac day.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:45 pm

roar wrote:
Really nervous about this game. So far this year I have been correct in predicting our results so I'm hoping this is just the usual, irrational concern I feel whenever we play them.

I know it's childish but to me, a loss this week will undo all the good work on anzac day.

I feel the same. Especially as this game will be the scum's grand final. They will give everything. Hopefully we're as equally switched on.

I'm more and more confident that De Goey will come in to replace Oxley as the only change to our side. Dwyer will wear the vest again.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Hopefully the old deluded man will pick his other love child, our former "star " Cameron Wood, that will be worth around four goals too us !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Nervous, screw that , we must shut down the pressure point hipster and cripps and Clokey must smack jamesion in the shoulder and kick straight!

www.facebook/the hybernators
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Culprit wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Jesse white still does not do enough, I think Karnezis in for him is now imperative, he would have to offer more, now that Moore is outa contention. also reckon degoey is worth a game against the scum.

Anyone who thinks Jesse White will get dropped or"Omitted" has rocks in their heads and I will stand by that statement when and if he IS omitted. He commands at least the second best defender,he contests when needed and brings the ball to ground,where our little men "SHOULD"?? thrive ,but too often no one is there crumbing. PK is a better option than Gault,although leaving Gault out,isn't going to help him improve at AFL level.I hope DeGoey gets a run.He is going to be something. Witts should also come in. It's very good to be in this position and it will get even harder as Sidey,Greenwood Reid and Sharenberg come into contention. I still can't believe we have all the Buckley haters and nay sayers willing us to fail.I'm VERY excited about this group and not surprised at ALL where we now stand.
GO PIES!!!!
Jane can't be dropped due to the fact that Tarzan may turn up and play in the next game. It's all about potential and potentially Jane can turn into Tarzan. It just doesn't happen that often.

As for Buckley Haters that's just bullshit, it's more doubters than haters. The naysayers have reservations due to the clubs history. Get over it, not everyone thinks or feels the same as you do. It's April and a long way to go yet and that old cliche is "a week at a time".

No surprises here Culprit.I'd expect nothing less from you.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Karnezis played pretty well down back in the VFL game from what I saw, his foot skills would come in handy down there if Bucks doesn't want to play him forward.

Degoey looks the most likely from the kids, Freeman still looks a couple of weeks off yet.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:16 pm

IS skyscraper Witts an option this week, love to see both him and Grundy in the same side, causing havoc, running amok on Scum backlines !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:47 pm

mudlark wrote:
Culprit wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Jesse white still does not do enough, I think Karnezis in for him is now imperative, he would have to offer more, now that Moore is outa contention. also reckon degoey is worth a game against the scum.

Anyone who thinks Jesse White will get dropped or"Omitted" has rocks in their heads and I will stand by that statement when and if he IS omitted. He commands at least the second best defender,he contests when needed and brings the ball to ground,where our little men "SHOULD"?? thrive ,but too often no one is there crumbing. PK is a better option than Gault,although leaving Gault out,isn't going to help him improve at AFL level.I hope DeGoey gets a run.He is going to be something. Witts should also come in. It's very good to be in this position and it will get even harder as Sidey,Greenwood Reid and Sharenberg come into contention. I still can't believe we have all the Buckley haters and nay sayers willing us to fail.I'm VERY excited about this group and not surprised at ALL where we now stand.
GO PIES!!!!
Jane can't be dropped due to the fact that Tarzan may turn up and play in the next game. It's all about potential and potentially Jane can turn into Tarzan. It just doesn't happen that often.

As for Buckley Haters that's just bullshit, it's more doubters than haters. The naysayers have reservations due to the clubs history. Get over it, not everyone thinks or feels the same as you do. It's April and a long way to go yet and that old cliche is "a week at a time".

No surprises here Culprit.I'd expect nothing less from you.
The only thing you should expect as you grow up is not everyone sees eye to eye. That's life.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
IS skyscraper Witts an option this week, love to see both him and Grundy in the same side, causing havoc, running amok on Scum backlines !

I'd love to see him come in too, but he didn't really do a lot in the VFL on the weekend. so I reckon he'll have to wait a bit to break back in.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
2 marks, neither contested and neither inside 50, no score, 9 disposals (3 of them "clangers"), 2 inside 50s and 2 frees against - these are not the stats of a genuine tall forward.

On the other hand, they are excellent stats for a champion key back. (Of course, you'd also need seven spoils, eight blocks, three smothers, and four tackles, but we are close aren't we? Shocked )

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I would like to see Witts and PK come into the seniors, in time - BUT based on what I saw at the ground on Sunday, I wouldn't expect either of them to take a senior spot this week (barring some injury we don't yet know about).

Thus, imo, White stays in because there is, just at the moment, no alternative screaming for inclusion. That said, his complete inability to read the play will continue to hurt us. 2 marks, neither contested and neither inside 50, no score, 9 disposals (3 of them "clangers"), 2 inside 50s and 2 frees against - these are not the stats of a genuine tall forward. He has played almost 100 games and these are fairly like his career averages (5.5 kicks and 4 handballs; 3.5 marks; 1 mark inside 50; 1 goal; 2 inside 50s; 2 tackles; 2 clangers; twice as many free against as frees for; a goal assist about every second game).

If he was playing his 3rd senior game, as Gault was, I would be looking at his potential but, in his 8th season in the AFL, he is doing pretty much what he has previously done. When he moves, White looks like he could be anything and he certainly has the physical attributes to dominate but I do not think it will ever happen. And don't expect him to step up this week, either - he hasn't kicked a goal in his last 5 outings against the Blooz.

I don't think he should be omitted this week, given the absence of alternatives but I don't think that people who would like to see him out of the side have "rocks in their heads". They are correct - unless something remarkable happens in Jesse White's career - and very, very soon - it is just a matter of when.

On a more serious note, has he ever been tried in defence, perhaps at Sydney? We obviously don't need yet another damn backman - not with Frost, Brown, Reid, possibly Keeffe, maybe Marsh, maybe Moore, and in time probably Berg all in line for that role, but just for the sake of the mental exercise, imagine that White was at a club with four or five good tall forwards and only one tall backman. How would he go?

He hasn't got the footy smarts to find space and be a target up forward - you don't really need that as a key back, you just pick up your man and stick to him like honey to a sleeve. (Yes, yes, some of the all-time best backs have the smarts to leave a direct opponent and go third man in to another contest (and for that matter, young Frosty did that brilliantly just this week), and the true greats have an uncanny ability to find themselves alone under a dangerous forward pass - think Wakes, Jimmy Clement or, in five years time, Berg - but these aren't essentials. You don't actually need smarts to be a close-checking key defender if you can pick up a gun marking forward and stop him catching it. You also don't need to be a great mark with the vice-like hands of a Travis Cloke: if you can just get that fist in every time, that's all the team requires of you. White is a crap mark: he gets one or two hands to the pill nearly every time, but he drops it. Natural-born backman on that criterion. And you don't need that instinctive ability to find the ball the way a forward or a midfielder does: go to the best forward and wear him closer than you wear your jocks: he will take you to the ball if he's any good, and if he isn't, who cares anyway?

You do need to be tall (tick), athletic (tic), fast on your feet (tick), and have great endurance (tick).

So far, White looks like the perfect backman.

You also need to have great powers of concentration (doubtful), physical toughness and presence (not so as anyone would notice), and a grim determination to succeed (who can say?).

Anyway ... just an idea ...

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:33 pm

^^ played CHB at VFL level v Northern Blues last season.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:47 pm

I am never confident playing Carlton, no matter what form they are in.

We rarely thrash them, only a couple of times in the past decade or so.

I am going to this game, I just hope we can spoil Maltys party.

His players will be up for this match, no doubt about it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: