Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Blues - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something about these pencilled in wins that have consistently bitten us on the arse over the years. I hope the boys don't think this'll be a walk in the park because Malthouse would be doing everything to pump the blooz up for his big moment.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:07 pm

I am sure that Bucks wants to win this one just as much as MM, and that he will be psyching up our guys just as MM is currently striving to do. The good news is, that it is clear from the game on Saturday that Bucks does know how to motivate our young team, and these young guys are playing for him. I don't believe there is any danger of Bucks and our team getting dangerously complacent at the prospect of a "walk in the park".
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Collingwood 120 Carlton 20
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:41 pm

I will be more nervous about this game than probably any other game this year.
I think we deserve to be favourite but just hope we can keep up the intensity of the last couple of weeks. It's not a given, given the inexperience of a lot of the team.
I suppose they rested Judd this week too for the big night. Let's hope Varcoe's knee is right to do some damage after it took yesterday off.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Wokko wrote:
There's something about these pencilled in wins that have consistently bitten us on the arse over the years. I hope the boys don't think this'll be a walk in the park because Malthouse would be doing everything to pump the blooz up for his big moment.

I think it's only posters on Nicks thinking it'll be an easy win. Carlton have been poor but there's enough significance attached to the match for them to lift and they can play some good footy if they get a sniff. We aren't that good yet that we can afford to take them lightly.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 am

jackcass wrote:
Wokko wrote:

I think it's only posters on Nicks thinking it'll be an easy win. Carlton have been poor but there's enough significance attached to the match for them to lift and they can play some good footy if they get a sniff. We aren't that good yet that we can afford to take them lightly.

Don't expect it to be easy; I suspect they had more scoring shots on goal against Essendon last week, than we did on Anzac day. Although they had dry conditions.
Anyhoo, unless Judd pulls a vintage performance out of his arse, I don't think they will roll us. Sure they touched us up in Bendigo during the pre-season fixture, but I'm sure that was strategically analysed inhouse.
Yarran out for muppet abuse, no more Betts, Garlett, Waite, Robertson, wife-basher Stevens, or fukking Fevola to cause us grief.
I can't see any Carlton player capable of breaking the lines, if we can keep that tackle count up.

We need to get "that win/loss ratio ledger" balanced asap.

Dyso

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:13 am

Wokko wrote:

Evil or Very Mad I wouldn't be surprised if MM is getting them cherry ripe for this moment! Hope the boys come up for this one. For some older Pies supporters this is one of two games in the year we must try and win!!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:26 am

pablo wrote:
On Patrick Karnezis, genuine question, why is everyone on here prepared to give him so much time?

He's 23 years old, not super tall and to date has done little more than be a Collingwood supporter. On that basis, shouldn't we give Straughnie a game?! Ok, that's a bit harsh....

But seriously, I don't understand why we pin any hope on this guy, let's move on....? No?

Essentially missed 2 years of footy (2013 - Vossy petulance, 2014 - OP) but was a high draft pick and therefore should rightfully carry high expectations.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:24 am

First thoughts.....It'll be a tough 6 day turn-around after a slog against the Dons in the wet. Carlton had to travel to NZ and win easily against the Saints, they also have the 6 day break.

If Collingwood show heart, want, and desire....we'll win. If Liam Jones kicks 3 goals, Carlton win.

Go the Pies!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:01 am

piedys wrote:
We need to get "that win/loss ratio ledger" balanced asap.

Dyso

Something which, if the current winning streak continues, is due to happen in the 1st encounter of season 2017 (unless we meet and beat them in a final before them... unlikely). Which would equate to a nine game winning streak Shocked . Which is something we have never done against them.

The longest run of consecutive wins against Carlton was achieved way back before the country was even formed, between 1897 and 1899. Since then, we've only gotten close to equalling that streak three times, with three streaks of five wins (1900-1902, 1953-1955 and 2009-2011).

So, we would be making history in more ways than one if we balanced the ledger by winning the next five straight encounters (six, if your measure of success is actually pulling ahead of them). Fortunately, we look like we might be catching them at just the right time to make up that deficit, with the Carlton brains trust finally accepting that they have to rebuild.

Of course, none of that will even be given a thought by the players, which is good. But the balancing of that ledger is in sight, assuming of course we don't choose Friday as the time to have an "off" game. It has happened before... Sad Mad

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 am

double post

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.

Last edited by Piesnchess on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 am

same

Last edited by Piesnchess on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:14 am

One thing is certain, the scum turds are under far more pressure, media pressure, fan pressure to win this one, for the sake of the old man and his record. The pressure is all on them, really, as the media exposure builds to a crescendo by Friday night, with commentators going apeshit over the old bloke. Let us just quietly go about our business and gameplan, then hit these pricks with everything but the kitchen sink. !

duggieboy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:37 am

Bloos ground away at Wlgtn on the weekend with no real standouts, I thought.

Young Dylan Buckley was the only one I saw who could break the lines and give them a bit of spark.

Pies by plenty if we bring more of the same.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:43 am

I thought Cripps did well for them too but I only saw the last quarter
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: