Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just no way to prepare for a child so young passing. A bloke I knew well had his 5 year old grandaughter die from Lukemia on the same day the childs mother gave birth. The poor bugger was in a spin.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:04 am

That poor family, children shouldn’t die. No one should bury a child. Cancer sucks no matter how old, but with a child so young you can’t explain you are hurting them further to help them. Commiserations for your mate. It’s such a helpless feeling. If only the world got together and made the effort to beat this $$%^%%$ awful disease. Stop fighting over bullshit. And I can’t even attend the funeral. Cheers mate. Xx

Actually I can, I just got an invite as one of the 10 family members. I feel very honoured. Xxx

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:00 pm

How very sad TP. I can’t begin to imagine how hard it would be for parents and families to have a sick kid like that let alone a child dying. Very sad. Sounds like you played an important supportive role TP. Well done you.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:09 am

Thanks mate.

Mum sent me a couple of beautiful messages thanking me, I dropped the unicorn off for the little sister, and flowers and a card, I texted and said I just left something for you, as I didn’t want to intrude. I offered to shop for them too, but they were fine. Her hubby took off with a side piece a while back, her parents moved in with her, her dad has dementia and he had a fall during first lock down, he’s now in care, so it’s grandma, mum and the 5 year old now. Grandma is the sweetest kindest person, she always makes me food! Genuine amazing Italian food! The 5 year old is so sweet, fragile, gorgeous, the unicorn helped me bond with her, so it felt right to give him to her today. The mum, she’s amazing, tube feeding took up to 6 hours a day. She’s blunt, to the point, with what she has been through I’m not surprised, and while I was shocked at first to be invited, it’s her all over. She would have made a list of the people who were there for Astyn. I really am so honoured to be on that list. I can’t believe She’s gone, she taught me lots. Im happy I could give mum these memories. If i shot at her house it always meant a long long long lunch, wine, and take away leftovers and lots of cuddles! They told me I’m family, so I won’t lose them. Those pics were maybe the most important I’ll ever take, and I really am proud of them. I just wish the outcome were different. So so sad.

Thanks mate, cheers

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Sitting in a park trying to work and some couple 100 metres are having a marital breakdown at full volume. Lots of discussion about legal documents and custody arrangements. :/ Wonder how many relationships are at breaking point right now.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:14 pm

My beautiful FIL fell in the bathroom at the home this morning, luckily someone was in the room, hes in Footscray with a broken Femur, will need an opp tomorrow, its a biggie and hes not in good health. His memory is about 5min, his sight about 5-10 percent, hes going to be so confused. when hes in the ward he can have 1 visitor per day. this is so shit
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:15 pm

David wrote:
Sitting in a park trying to work and some couple 100 metres are having a marital breakdown at full volume. Lots of discussion about legal documents and custody arrangements. :/ Wonder how many relationships are at breaking point right now.

a lot my sister is back in family violence, and they are overrun.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:42 pm

think positive wrote:
My beautiful FIL fell in the bathroom at the home this morning, luckily someone was in the room, hes in Footscray with a broken Femur, will need an opp tomorrow, its a biggie and hes not in good health. His memory is about 5min, his sight about 5-10 percent, hes going to be so confused. when hes in the ward he can have 1 visitor per day. this is so shit

Sorry to hear that Jo. Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Sorry to hear that Jo. Sad

thanks mate, he really is a beautiful person, always was, cheers

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:28 pm

think positive wrote:

Sorry to hear for him & ur family TP. Not good at any age but so much harder at his age and compromised health status. Poor fellow him.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:02 pm

Sorry to hear, Jo. Hoping he has as quick and painless a recovery as possible.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Sorry to hear that, Jo.

Best wishes to your FIL.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:02 am

Thanks. Guys, he had surgery late yesterday, 3 hours, needed a couple of transfusions, his blood pressure kept dropping, he had multiple breaks, he’s in intensive care, hubby’s sister saw him briefly, and he got to talk to him on the phone, the next couple of days are critical,
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:11 pm

Well it’s made me happy sort of, but I’ll continue the story here. It was hubby’s turn to visit tonight, the siblings are taking it in turns, hubby said he looked like a ghost, and very fragile, but he is lucid, well as lucid as he was before the op, so he still remembers his kids. They are moving him out of. The ICU tonight to a ward, so that’s good news. But the doc said he will never walk again. He’s 90, we share our birthday, he has severe dementia and is nearly blind, he doesn’t have much quality of life, he loved his sweets but the last 2 months he hasn’t been able to chew solid foods. I take him to bourbon and cokes a week. I don’t. Know. I’ve had to go to the home to take my paininthearse old man stuff this week twice, and the staff are in tears over my FIL. He’s just a sweetheart. When my mum died people said I’m so sorry, but i have said ‘if she was my dog I would have had her put to sleep a year ago’ the last year of her life was quite frankly horrific, and distance of time is not changing that in my mind. And well, he might survive this, but what is ahead? I just wish he had not fallen, and that he just passed away in his sleep as his wife did. I would love to see him one more time, but rather than that, I’d love him to find peace. It’s been a very sucky week. Cheers.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:45 pm

^ Tricky stuff TP. It’s a difficult place at times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 53 of 70   

Jump to: