Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that too, and ditto with the WTF for no wash. I'm not sure if registered nurses see themselves as above that kind of thing these days and it should be the job of Div 2 or nursing asst's but that should be the basics, maintaining the persons dignity
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:13 pm

^ Thanks WPT. And now her O2 sats keep dropping on room air so they think mild chest infection and have started IV antis - and she gets to have a COVID swab and I’m not allowed back in until the result comes through ( which I fully understand) Crying or Very sad
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Sorry to hear that too, and ditto with the WTF for no wash. I'm not sure if registered nurses see themselves as above that kind of thing these days and it should be the job of Div 2 or nursing asst's but that should be the basics, maintaining the persons dignity

I know I just don’t understand it - apart from dignity as you say it’s such an important part of nursing care - you can observe and note any skin issues assess whether there are any impediments to self care, respiratory issues, balance etc etc. perhaps instead of waltzing around in scrubs with a stethoscope draped around their necks they could actually NURSE makes me furious and sad at the same time!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:40 pm

That’s awful Morrigu, hope She’s ou5 of there soon. How long do the test results take? She needs you now, that’s an added hard part. Cheers
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:08 pm

^ not sure TP - thankfully I have a great relationship with our lab so will use any influence I might have. That’s probably NQR but I don’t care!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:26 am

Took Mum to the dentist on Thursday to get a stitch removed (she had an extraction 10 days ago).

While waiting in the waiting room before her short preocdure she asked:

"What's wrong with me"?

I said I'm sorry to say you have atypical alzheimers disease

She was shocked for about 5-10 seconds and sort of waived it way with a don't be silly sort of hand gesture then asked about something else; something to be said about having a poor memory and zero attention.

We were the only two in the waiting room before I took her back to the Aged Care Facility.

On the positive side of things she is much more settled, not agitated, not worried and not distressed.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:13 am

oh man. i think thats the hardest part - when they have flashes of lucidity, and they know..... hugs xxx
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:02 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Took Mum to the dentist on Thursday to get a stitch removed (she had an extraction 10 days ago).

While waiting in the waiting room before her short preocdure she asked:

"What's wrong with me"?

I said I'm sorry to say you have atypical alzheimers disease

She was shocked for about 5-10 seconds and sort of waived it way with a don't be silly sort of hand gesture then asked about something else; something to be said about having a poor memory and zero attention.

We were the only two in the waiting room before I took her back to the Aged Care Facility.

On the positive side of things she is much more settled, not agitated, not worried and not distressed.

Im so glad for her and for you that she is settled and has her cats with her. It’s tough - very tough Crying or Very sad

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:58 am

^ Cheers TP and Morrigu. Yeah, I didn’t realise how tough it would be. She asked for some knitting needles, crochet hook wool etc. Mrs WPT went & bought her a beautiful knitting bag and the bits. She thanked Mrs WPT and later called her: she asked what to do, she’d forgotten 😐Mrs WPT sent her a you tube to her phone but she couldn’t figure it out. I’ll call on Monday to see if one of the staff can assist her.
However she did say she now doesn’t have to worry, she doesn’t have to cook, clean & worry about things like she used to and she loves getting her legs and feet massaged at night. Mrs WPT tells me that it’s pretty common in the Aged Care Facilities to do this; helps people settle at night. 😊😊😊

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:47 am

When I broke my arm a tomboy friend of my girlfriend drove me everywhere. Boom and Oi wcalled in some sort of sauna crap ;ast weekend and Boom left to get a drink and came back and Oi was dead. About 30 with a 6 month son whop wa a result of a rape. Oi was a tomboy but a ripper . Been crying for 2 days.

RIP Oi

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:34 am

That’s very sad to hear, RR.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:19 am

ronrat wrote:
When I broke my arm a tomboy friend of my girlfriend drove me everywhere. Boom and Oi wcalled in some sort of sauna crap ;ast weekend and Boom left to get a drink and came back and Oi was dead. About 30 with a 6 month son whop wa a result of a rape. Oi was a tomboy but a ripper . Been crying for 2 days.

RIP Oi

oh mate thats so awful, may she RIP.
sorry for your loss

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:25 pm

ronrat wrote:

RIP Oi

Fvuck, that's horrible. Crying or Very sad

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 pm

^ Oh god. So sorry for your loss RR.

Very sad to read. Hope you're OK.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:39 pm

That is sad RR, sorry to hear look after yourself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 50 of 70   

Jump to: