Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, thats hysterical!!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:17 pm

The ute won't start so I rang a mobile mechanic today.

Bloody hell, I copped an emotional vent from the bloke, a family member has just died and he's struggling, not coping and not working for the next week.

FMD, I'm not a counselor. Mate, I'm sorry for your loss but TMI. All I needed was you can't help me now.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The ute won't start so I rang a mobile mechanic today.

Bloody hell, I copped an emotional vent from the bloke, a family member has just died and he's struggling, not coping and not working for the next week.

FMD, I'm not a counselor. Mate, I'm sorry for your loss but TMI. All I needed was you can't help me now.

yeah but maybe, just maybe, he needed you, just to listen, sometimes you need a stranger, or some one not close to the situation

whats up with the ute? symptoms??

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:35 pm

yeah, but I wasn't doing outreach. I feel for the guy, just TMI.

Ute no start. engine turns over, no fire. I'll have a stab at fuel pump but I stopped being able to diagnose problems when they stopped having carburetors and distributors.

I signed up for RACV this arvo, I'll call them Thursday. In the meantime I can drive the Redline or mum's Focus if I need to go out.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:45 am

On Wednesday evening Mrs WPT was getting out of the car. Her left knee gave way (no cartilage) and she fell face first onto the curb. Ouch. I was at work. The youngests BF took her to ED at the Alfred where I met her. Fractured nose, black eyes, racoon like, puffy and swollen, graze and lacerations to her forehead (sutures down the midline of her forehead) CT scan was clear thank god. Now she looks like she’s done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and could play a lead role in the SBS production of “look what you made me do”

What a mess poor thing. Shocking but it could have been worse.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Awful situation for your wife.

Awful situation for you also because you just know that until that bruising disappears strangers will look upon you with suspicion.

P.S-If she looks like a racoon perhaps you could shave her down and sell it as fur?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:34 am

Collingwood losing made me sad as always - again 🥲
A win will be nice.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:57 am

watt price tully wrote:
On Wednesday evening Mrs WPT was getting out of the car. Her left knee gave way (no cartilage) and she fell face first onto the curb. Ouch. I was at work. The youngests BF took her to ED at the Alfred where I met her. Fractured nose, black eyes, racoon like, puffy and swollen, graze and lacerations to her forehead (sutures down the midline of her forehead) CT scan was clear thank god. Now she looks like she’s done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and could play a lead role in the SBS production of “look what you made me do”

OMG thats awful, and sounds very painful, poor lady, I hope she recovers fast, and the person doing the stitches was man artist.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:35 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Awful situation for your wife.

Awful situation for you also because you just know that until that bruising disappears strangers will look upon you with suspicion.

P.S-If she looks like a racoon perhaps you could shave her down and sell it as fur?

Thanks Swoop 👍. Today the swelling and bruising has subsided; now she looks like she’s done 5 rounds with Johnny Famechon. Yes indeed, we’re going out soon, 1 racoon eye and big grazes on her forehead, nose and tip of her nose as well as inside her lip 😱. But getting better.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:42 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

OMG thats awful, and sounds very painful, poor lady, I hope she recovers fast, and the person doing the stitches was man artist.

Cheers TP. I asked the ED registrar if he was top of his class in suturing 😉. He said he was.

Of course I asked Mrs WPT knowingly, how come she didn’t hurt her wrist (usually reflex and called a Collies Fracture) she said she had bags in both her hands 🙄. Funny that. This is not to blame her but she invariably carries too much too often. One of my mates on the bike ride this morning said his wife does exactly the same 🤦‍♂️

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:05 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Cheers TP. I asked the ED registrar if he was top of his class in suturing 😉. He said he was.

Of course I asked Mrs WPT knowingly, how come she didn’t hurt her wrist (usually reflex and called a Collies Fracture) she said she had bags in both her hands 🙄. Funny that. This is not to blame her but she invariably carries too much too often. One of my mates on the bike ride this morning said his wife does exactly the same 🤦‍♂️

hey, every woman i know is legendary at getting all 80 shopping bags inside at once! its tradition! heck, even with direct access from the garage, we still do it!!

when i fell into the fire a jear ago i had just a piece of wood in my hands, i dropped it straight away, and you know that reflex? im off to see a hand surgeon on tuesday, pretty much only the thumb and forefinger on my left hand work right now, and its excruciating at times!!

as im getting older and knowing more and more people having falls, it terrifies me, im clumsy at the best of times!

ps see that but i highlighted? it makes everything after it redundant!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:59 pm

I am so godamn tired of people whinging about lockdown! Yes it’s a pain In the arse. I’m sitting here scrolling Facebook etc cos for some reason I can’t get my dads tv to work. Ended up researching cartels cos it’s less depressing

Yesterday the nursing home rang and said dad was disoriented. I called last night they said he ate something. At 10.30 today the doc rang and said he’s fading fast. I said can I see him. Only if you give permission to stop all meds etc pain relief. I said he doesn’t want you to keep him alive if this is it. She said come now. Of course hes already non verbal, thanks to the Chinese import I basically had to wait til it was too late to say goodbye properly. My older sister and kids spoke to him on speaker. The staff are bringing me coffees and sangas, I’m not sure how long I can stay. I have a shot load of scotch and chocolate anyway! You don’t see this coming no matter how much you expect it. No one else can come in. Don’t really want them too. Along with relief I’m sad , cos no matter what he’s the only dad I ever had. I talked to him about the good times, him getting my horse a cup of lukewarm tea as my hose had just slurped out of my cup and it might be too hot for him! Shinning mine and my sisters matching boots til you could see your face in them, fishing trips - in one I was helping out the tinny in The water and it was deeper than expected, I got wetter and wetter, when we came back in he said Jo…. And I just jumped overboard! My Honda XR80 sounded a bit off so when he came to pick me up I said can you have a look please? He jumped on in thongs at shirt and shorts. This was a display model and it was cranked up like crazy, I smashed it big time the first time I ride it! Sat at the track all day with a totalled bike cos I didn’t want to admit it! So he takes off playing with the carby gives it a rev looks up and there was this massive banked corner, so he tries to rev out if it and flies over the top, I heard the brannnngggg of my bike and looked up, the bike went one way him the other! We sprinted over and he’s laying there blood everywhere, my bike copped a tiny scratch on the mudguard! When I crashed I saw it coming I lost it on the whhoopedoos and let go, copped a few bruises but broke the brake and clutch cables (brand spanking new bike) bent a shocker beyond repair and horror of horrid scratched the tank! So my then BF hips in dads car and calls an ambulance from the nearest house. Meanwhile I’m madly searching for the screwdriver! 4 hours later Mum brings him home, she says he’s in the car doesn’t want to move you better go see him. I go out there and his all bandaged up, broken collarbone, and 30 odd stitches around his eye. He’s black and blue, he opens the other eye, squints and says ‘I bet you lost my screwdriver!’

So I’m sitting here looking at this man who terrorised our family, bullied us all relentlessly, he looks so, I don’t know benign? I’m making him comfortable, he’s in and out now, I think of the words he’s said that have scarred my soul, but I’m just not angry now. I guess before I realised not every one had a dad like mine I loved him and idolised him and wanted to please him with everything I had. Just like all little girls I guess. I’ve hated him at times with every inch of my being. Now I’m sitting here waiting….til they kick me out or he’s gone. About an hour ago one tear slid down his cheek just like the $$%^%%$ movies! I’d like to think he’s grateful for being here, for all I have done the last couple of years, it has not been easy. I’m so conflicted. And here I am the last one standing! Is he sorry? For anything? I know I’ll be sad but I’m not sure why. I know there is no answer to why he was the way he was. Funny right now, today, I’m remembering 2 years ago when I went back to the town I remembered, the place I never wanted to leave, that 7 year old who left her friends and her home to travel across the world. That kid was happy. I would have loved an apology… at least I got a thankyou. And forgiveness? I forgive but I do it for me.
Cheers I’ll be glad when this day is over xx

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:37 pm

Sending hugs Jo, cannot think of anything to say to you, just hope that you look after yourself.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Best wishes to you, Jo. Take care.
djh 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:09 pm

Hugs to you Jo. It must be so difficult and you should be proud of what you are doing.

Take care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 57 of 70   

Jump to: