Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So sad to lose a pet, more so one we've had for many years even more so in this tragic situation.

Tears.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Oh that's very sad Tannin Sad

As others have said at least it was quick and she had a long happy life and is now resting in a nice place with a view!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Cheers all and I appreciate the kind thoughts. I've been expecting something like this for a while now, she was quite old, and I'd been quietly dreading her getting really crook and needing to be put down in pain. Better this way. When my turn comes, I'd prefer the same: good life, quick exit.

TP: I'll probably do as you suggest; maybe with an older cat not 'coz I care about a few dollars but simply because old cats make good companions, and still get amongst the mice with the best of them. But there is no immediate hurry; the mice won't start moving in 'till they can't detect the scent of cat around the place, so a month or so should be fine. Or maybe one of the local strays will turn up and make friends with me first. That's where the first one came from: she just turned up and looked sad and timid, so I hunted around in the freezer and found a chop that was past its use-by and, little by little, she moved in and stayed for fifteen years.

Stui: you are farnarkling brilliant! I didn't know there was such a thing!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:02 pm

PS: I thought of this thread as an all-purpose, all-posters-welcome thread to match "what made me happy" and "what pisses me off" and "what did I learn". But I'm fondly hoping that it won't get too many more posts 'coz nothing else happens to make anyone here sad.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your cat. Sad

Very sad indeed.

If you can rescue a beautiful cat from the RSPCA then it's a possible win-win.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Sorry about your cat Tannin!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:48 pm

There is no need to apologize. Oh yeah, we were talking about your cat Tannin .
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:46 am

Sorry to hear about your cat Tannin.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:11 am

Sorry for your loss Tannin. The death of a loved pet is always hard to take for those who truly care for animals.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:28 am

Sorry to hear that comrade; I feel your pain. Get a kitten when the pain subsides a little bit and grow old together.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Learnt last night that a woman who I didn't know well but well enough to have a chat & chin wag with who is a nurse & did project work part time & would sit behind the low partition in front of our work area, killed herself. Her project work finished last year so hadn't seen her for about 3 months.

Shocking, a kick in the guts. She was lovely. She asked my work colleague last year about advice to assist a friend who was depressed & suicidal. FFS. Very sad. She was all alone.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Learnt last night that a woman who I didn't know well but well enough to have a chat & chin wag with who is a nurse & did project work part time & would sit behind the low partition in front of our work area, killed herself. Her project work finished last year so hadn't seen her for about 3 months.

Shocking, a kick in the guts. She was lovely. She asked my work colleague last year about advice to assist a friend who was depressed & suicidal. FFS. Very sad. She was all alone.

You know I used to think suicide was selfish, the cowards way out. Stuff has happened lately, my mums suffering for one, and now I get it.

I'm so sorry for your pain. And I'm so sorry for your friends pain. I just can't imagine, and truly hope I never find out, how tough life must be, not to want to live it. May she RIP. XXX

PEace be with you mate, thinking of you.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:27 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

You know I used to think suicide was selfish, the cowards way out. Stuff has happened lately, my mums suffering for one, and now I get it.

I'm so sorry for your pain. And I'm so sorry for your friends pain. I just can't imagine, and truly hope I never find out, how tough life must be, not to want to live it. May she RIP. XXX

PEace be with you mate, thinking of you.

Cheers TP. I'm OK just feel sad for her & my colleague. I work "in it" daily but it's a shock when its someone so familiar.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Firstly, sorry to hear about your cat Tannin. I must've missed this thread when it first popped up. I had a cat hit by a car and he was only about 5 years old, was the only the second time I've cried in sadness since adulthood, so my condolences.

And WPT, I've had to talk a friend down from suicide as well as deal intimately with someone who has made numerous attempts, including calling an ambulance after an attempt. I can't imagine what it's like to deal with that kind of thing all the time, and having it happen to someone even on the periphery of your life must be devastating.

I also hope this thread stays small. Crying or Very sad
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:56 pm

What happened to cat hit by a car and I was about 5 years old was the the second time he or she've cried in sadness adulthood so his or her condolences?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 2 of 70   

Jump to: