Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A great Draft opportunity

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:36 pm
Post subject: A great Draft opportunityReply with quote

A great opportunity presents itself this week. With judicious use of our draft picks we could pick up some of the best young footballers I've seen in many a long year. Check out the vids and stats and see what you think. This years draft doesn't have the standout guaranteed champions of previous years, but gee it runs deep. Never have I seen a better chance to pick up a future star with a pick in the 40s or even 60s
My dream list of picks would be as follows, and contains guys we could reasonably hope to get, so no Petracca etc.
1: Its quite possible Angus Brayshaw could make it to 5 now, if that were the case we surely must pounce!
2: If that doesn’t happen my pick would be Jayden LaVerde, he has some serious skills
3: I would love to see us grab Blaine Boekhorst, go check his video, he hits targets and has a penetrating hoof.
4: Another option for pick 30 I really like is Kyle Langford, he really addresses some of our problems with kicking etc.
5: It's possible our third pick might land Jack Lonie, I really, really hope we get this kid, he is exactly what we are missing, deadly around goal, slashing skills, and with the kicking ability of his great cousins Ryan & Nathan, this kid is our new Neon Davis!

There are a lot of other potential stars in this draft, the skills of young Pickett are pretty speccy, and in a game where guys are too scared to tackle any more he might star, but he might not too. The guys above are the ones I just have a feeling could be champion Magpies of the future. I'm sure others have their own thoughts, lets hear 'em...

(surely one or two threads on the draft could be in GD during draft week mods?)

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:42 pm
Post subject: Re: A great Draft opportunityReply with quote

35forever wrote:
A great opportunity presents itself this week. With judicious use of our draft picks we could pick up some of the best young footballers I've seen in many a long year. Check out the vids and stats and see what you think. This years draft doesn't have the standout guaranteed champions of previous years, but gee it runs deep. Never have I seen a better chance to pick up a future star with a pick in the 40s or even 60s
My dream list of picks would be as follows, and contains guys we could reasonably hope to get, so no Petracca etc.
1: Its quite possible Angus Brayshaw could make it to 5 now, if that were the case we surely must pounce!
2: If that doesn’t happen my pick would be Jayden LaVerde, he has some serious skills
3: I would love to see us grab Blaine Boekhorst, go check his video, he hits targets and has a penetrating hoof.
4: Another option for pick 30 I really like is Kyle Langford, he really addresses some of our problems with kicking etc.
5: It's possible our third pick might land Jack Lonie, I really, really hope we get this kid, he is exactly what we are missing, deadly around goal, slashing skills, and with the kicking ability of his great cousins Ryan & Nathan, this kid is our new Neon Davis!

There are a lot of other potential stars in this draft, the skills of young Pickett are pretty speccy, and in a game where guys are too scared to tackle any more he might star, but he might not too. The guys above are the ones I just have a feeling could be champion Magpies of the future. I'm sure others have their own thoughts, lets hear 'em...

If you don't mind me saying 35 this a very positive post and very welcome.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:16 pm

35forever wrote:

No No No! These kids are untried and untested. We have no room for more inexperience. We have to build rapidly to secure a flag within three years. Kids like the ones you want may amount to nothing. Yet you would trade higher draft picks for lowly ranked kids. How dare you risk our chance for Premiership success by suggesting we gamble like this. I want proven senior players to slot right in now. We long suffering fans want a flag asap. Send these kids to other Clubs. We can always get them back later when they prove they are worthy of wearing the great Black and White jumper. We are a rich club and every kid worth backing in wants to play for us.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:36 pm

35forever wrote:

I freely admit to knowing absolutely nothing about the kids we might draft and until Emma Qualye's article, didn't even know what they looked like but I must say it's a breath of fresh air to have a 'glass half full' post from 35. Very Happy
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is alot of potential out there. We were extremely unlucky last year with injuries in respect to Freeman and Scharenberg. Hopefully we will have a better short term outcome this year. Good post thank 35forever
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:24 pm

Hiss wrote:
35forever wrote:

No No No! These kids are untried and untested. We have no room for more inexperience. We have to build rapidly to secure a flag within three years. Kids like the ones you want may amount to nothing. Yet you would trade higher draft picks for lowly ranked kids. How dare you risk our chance for Premiership success by suggesting we gamble like this. I want proven senior players to slot right in now. We long suffering fans want a flag asap. Send these kids to other Clubs. We can always get them back later when they prove they are worthy of wearing the great Black and White jumper. We are a rich club and every kid worth backing in wants to play for us.

Gee, untried / untested players available via the national draft, who would have thought!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Hiss wrote:
35forever wrote:

They all must have blond hair and Blue eyes too.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:02 am

Its actually the weakest draft in years and we are absolutely no chance of getting Brayshaw at 5 or Langford at 30.
Get anyone other than Laverde, Pickett or Durdin with our first pick and I will be disappointed.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:05 am

Beast wrote:
Its actually the weakest draft in years and we are absolutely no chance of getting Brayshaw at 5 or Langford at 30.
Get anyone other than Laverde, Pickett or Durdin with our first pick and I will be disappointed.

I would argue that it's not so much a weak draft as a whole, but a weak draft at the top end. The whole draft overall is pretty reasonable and quite a bit deeper than normal.

I'm confident we should get a decent kid at 48 and maybe even 85 if we decide to use that pick.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:36 am

While a rare positive post from 35forever is very welcome, it is, as usual, delusional.

If Brayshaw is still available at 5, we may well be "timed out" of our pick, as the paramedics furiously attempt to to revive Dekka.

And there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Langford still being there at 30.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:19 pm

If you some of you reckon this draft isn't anything special, wait till you starting reading about the next two to follow. Poorest draft pool out of Victoria in a long while. The immediate challenge quite simply, is to pick the fifth best player available in this draft. Just as long as we get it right now cause there are supposedly even less guarantees in the next couple years.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
If you some of you reckon this draft isn't anything special, wait till you starting reading about the next two to follow. Poorest draft pool out of Victoria in a long while. The immediate challenge quite simply, is to pick the fifth best player available in this draft. Just as long as we get it right now cause there are supposedly even less guarantees in the next couple years.

Funny that, I heard that Dekka really rates the class of 2016...
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Beast wrote:

No love for Wright?

Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 pm

roar wrote:
Beast wrote:

No love for Wright?

I know he sees himself as a forward but to me he looks and moves like a ruckman in Sam Jacobs mold and I just don't think thats someone we need right now.
Paul Ahern is the one I forgot to mention as someone else I'd be happy with.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Stupied wrote:
Funny that, I heard that Dekka really rates the class of 2016...

Maybe Dekkas highly rated '' class of 2016 '' is tucked away in states other than Vic. Or is it just coincidence that SA have won the last two U18 national championships.
Might also help to explain why this draft isn't anything special if Vic haven't been as strong in the recent championships.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: