Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Emma Quayle's Top 30 in this years draft

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of Wright. Haven seen any of the draftees play except Moore in the vfl. However, my concern with our list and particularly tall forwards, is that we potentially have no young ones coming through at all.

Cloke is 27
White is hit and miss and will be a role player. Not a class player
Grundy is a 1st ruck
Witts is a 1st ruck
Gault is more likely to be nothing substantial.
Reid is potentially a back man only or swing man at best. We don't know if he can play a season as a key forward.
Moore, see Reid.

You'd hope Moore may develop as a forward. But he is what he is. And he may be like Reid. Not a permanent forward but handy to throw around to mix it up.

So this assessment tells me a class key forward is a need. Picking Wright if he is best available, isn't a pick that unbalances the list. In fact the opposite.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:39 am

Only saw Wright play once against Vic Country so it isn't a big sample. But he wasn't impressive at all. In fact both Wright & Moore were well beaten by the Vic Country backs. Marchbank had them both covered when opposed to them.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:44 am

woftam wrote:
Only saw Wright play once against Vic Country so it isn't a big sample. But he wasn't impressive at all. In fact both Wright & Moore were well beaten by the Vic Country backs. Marchbank had them both covered when opposed to them.

IF that was the 1st Game of the U-18 Champs. Moore had his worst game of the Season but not sure on Wright

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:12 am

I don't know what else to say except, "get a midfielder that can help Pendlebury out" ala Port Powers Olly Wines.

We still don't have midfield depth.

Going on 2014 its shite, even if there is upside and improvement to come, our midfield still lacks depth. Too many unknowns is the predicament, but I can only see what I see and its not as much as Hiney.

So from my lounge chair I see the potential improvement in the midfield coming from Swan, Adams, Fasolo, Dwyer, Broomhead, Freeman, Thomas, Seedsman and maybe Elliott.

I'm not sure if Kennedy, Karnesis, Sinclair and even Blair can provide us with what we need.

It pains me to say that we only have Pendlebury and Sidebottom that can give us class and grunt in the midfield, and like I said the rest have to prove themselves lock ins.

So on that basis I say get a midfielder that can impact straight away, whether that's Laverde or Ahern or Cockatoo or Pickett....I don't know.

I read somewhere that Laverde doesn't have big possession numbers and doesn't get his own ball, so for all those other qualities its hard to justify getting him at pick 5. I was in his corner now I don't know.

Interesting times hmmmm....

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
If Wright is available at our pick, we take him. No issue. Big blokes who can seriously play are gold.

Yeah, I've come round to that view too. However, something tells me both McCartin and Wright will be taken in picks 1-4, which would almost guarantee us Laverde. I'm happy either way.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

what does next year's draft look like for good talls? bear in mind that if everything goes to plan we are unlikely to have a top 10 pick next year.

i'd take a tall this year.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:07 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Crikey I might need to become very bullish about us taking Wright again over any midfield prospect.

If both Wright and Moore came good as AFL level forwards we'd be set for the next decade at least.

Big decision for Hine as good big guys are bloody hard to come by.

The more I see and hear about Wright, the more I'm leaning towards him over Laverde.
Wright could be bloody awesome like Simon Madden back in the 80's.
We would have plenty of versatility as well. Reid, Moore, Brown, Grundy, Witts, Cloke, White, Frost, Marsh. Seems a lot but I like it.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:29 pm

melliot wrote:
I like the sound of Wright. Haven seen any of the draftees play except Moore in the vfl. However, my concern with our list and particularly tall forwards, is that we potentially have no young ones coming through at all.

Cloke is 27
White is hit and miss and will be a role player. Not a class player
Grundy is a 1st ruck
Witts is a 1st ruck
Gault is more likely to be nothing substantial.
Reid is potentially a back man only or swing man at best. We don't know if he can play a season as a key forward.
Moore, see Reid.

You'd hope Moore may develop as a forward. But he is what he is. And he may be like Reid. Not a permanent forward but handy to throw around to mix it up.

So this assessment tells me a class key forward is a need. Picking Wright if he is best available, isn't a pick that unbalances the list. In fact the opposite.

yep. Agreed.

Gault and Moore are our current KPF in training stocks. If we have the opportunity to snaffle a young blue chip KP Forward then don't hesitate for a millisecond, grab him.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:44 pm

am not sold on Wright. Granted I've only seen youtube clips, but he looks like another soft tall... albeit with nice skills, but not the type that dominates at AFL level. We need someone that will crash packs and dominate in the air, not another super tall HFF... or ruck, that we already have our young quota for. Happy to be told I'm wrong, but if he is avail and we pass, I think this will be the reason why.

McCartin would be ideal to partner cloke & maybe Moore later on, but with him gone, I think we will go after Laverde or another tall mid
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:54 pm

http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-cardonas-phantom-draft-6-0/

This is a pretty good mock draft. Has pies getting Laverde. Wright drops very late.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:47 am

melliot wrote:

This is a pretty good mock draft. Has pies getting Laverde. Wright drops very late.

Yer, they've updated, or moved, a few around from their old one. But still the only phantom that goes well beyond pick 30.

Cavka at 30? Plays like Stanton? Outside mid? No thanks.

The one I want at 30 is Dan Mackenzie. But it's seeming more and more likely that he'll be gone by pick 30.

At 48, I want Ed Langdon or Howe.

And as far as pick five, I want Laverde. (Seems most likely).

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:29 am

Presti35 wrote:
melliot wrote:

Yer, they've updated, or moved, a few around from their old one. But still the only phantom that goes well beyond pick 30.

The one I want at 30 is Dan Mackenzie. But it's seeming more and more likely that he'll be gone by pick 30.

Try this one, goes right through to rookie selections.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-2014-phantom-draft.1081690/page-5#post-36089860
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:31 am

magpieazza wrote:
I don't know what else to say except, "get a midfielder that can help Pendlebury out" ala Port Powers Olly Wines.

Going on 2014 its shite, even if there is upside and improvement to come, our midfield still lacks depth. Too many unknowns is the predicament, but I can only see what I see and its not as much as Hiney.

So from my lounge chair I see the potential improvement in the midfield coming from Swan, Adams, Fasolo, Dwyer, Broomhead, Freeman, Thomas, Seedsman and maybe Elliott.

I'm not sure if Kennedy, Karnesis, Sinclair and even Blair can provide us with what we need.

It pains me to say that we only have Pendlebury and Sidebottom that can give us class and grunt in the midfield, and like I said the rest have to prove themselves lock ins.

So on that basis I say get a midfielder that can impact straight away, whether that's Laverde or Ahern or Cockatoo or Pickett....I don't know.

I read somewhere that Laverde doesn't have big possession numbers and doesn't get his own ball, so for all those other qualities its hard to justify getting him at pick 5. I was in his corner now I don't know.

The player you are looking for is Freeman.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 am

jackcass wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
melliot wrote:

Try this one, goes right through to rookie selections.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-2014-phantom-draft.1081690/page-5#post-36089860

Snoop dog really rates Cavka and has him going at 21 to St.kilda.

Happy to take him, though if we overlook Wright and R.McKenzie is still available then he'd be enticing at 30 as well.

Then there is Rainbow, Maynard and Gore.

I want them all. Laughing

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Stinger wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

The player you are looking for is Freeman.

Greenwood?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: