Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
So if the terrorists in this article had suceeded, what then?

This is $£$%^%%$ scary stuff

http://www.firstpost.com/world/australian-police-arrest-15-reports-isil-planning-public-execution-country-1717935.html

I think the Cronulla Riots would have seemed like dare I say it the Mardi Gra's if these fools had succeeded. Like our national symbol the Kangaroo we might look all cute and cuddly but if we turn we'll kick your arse and rip you apart.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:46 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ ptid, i can't believe that you think it's a valid argument that the US government should react to every major world crisis as it would if it were a state of the USA

I don't. I think normal Homo sapiens should react as normal Homo sapiens; i.e., using our advanced moral and rational sensibilities.

You can't have it both ways; you can't invoke morality when it suits, and then cling to the amoral "state" (just another fundamentalist religion) when it doesn't.

Even worse, the last bout of amoral "self interest" cost one idiotic state 4,500 lives, 3T dollars, a financial collapse, and a monumental loss of prestige and authority. That state was neither being moral, nor successfully self-interested. The technical term for that would be "moronic", wouldn't it?

People who repeatedly fall for this are like the alcoholic or gambler who insists they don't have a problem; meanwhile, destruction is piling up in their wake.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:00 pm

think positive wrote:

http://www.firstpost.com/world/australian-police-arrest-15-reports-isil-planning-public-execution-country-1717935.html

I don't understand why the Australian Government is stopping them going and cancelling passports.

If they want to go and fight for their demented cause let them go as long as they take every member of their family that supports their actions with them ( I would be happy to chip in for the airfares) and the minute they are out of Australian airspace THEN cancel their passports!

You want to go fine no problem - go there, live there, stay there, fight there, die there!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:

I don't understand why the Australian Government is stopping them going and cancelling passports.

If they want to go and fight for their demented cause let them go as long as they take every member of their family that supports their actions with them ( I would be happy to chip in for the airfares) and the minute they are out of Australian airspace THEN cancel their passports!

You want to go fine no problem - go there, live there, stay there, fight there, die there!!

More than reasonable!

Maybe a chartered Malaysian Air flight?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:03 pm

think positive wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:

More than reasonable!

no no no we want them to get there, we just don't want em back.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:20 pm

1061 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:

More than reasonable!

no no no we want them to get there, we just don't want em back.

Make them fly over the Ukraine/Russia border on the way there. If they make it through, circle back and try again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Can we paint the Russian flag on the bottom of the plane first?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Is there anyone here who doesn't think that Abbott and co. are milking this supposed threat for all it's worth?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 pm

David wrote:
Is there anyone here who doesn't think that Abbott and co. are milking this supposed threat for all it's worth?

I don't really give a ****, I'm just happy for the poor random that isn't getting his head chopped off with a rusty blunt knife

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:17 pm

David wrote:

It's a real possibility that he's milking for all it's worth David but frankly I'm more concerned that people living within Australia are aligned with ISIS or are ISIS sympathisers.

The Australian Federal Police doesn't come knocking on people's doors unless they have a serious reason to believe that certain individuals are conspiring to commit an attack on innocent civilians, so yes I think this latest threat should be taken seriously by politicians and alike.

It's just good to know that we have people who are keeping track of these untoward activities within the confines of this country.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Jezza wrote:
The Australian Federal Police doesn't come knocking on people's doors unless they have a serious reason to believe that certain individuals are conspiring to commit an attack on innocent civilians

Is this actually true? And aren't you worried by organisations like the AFP and ASIO being given too much power?

I'd like to draw people's attention to the article posted in this thread:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1496258

Haven't we learned anything from the anti-terror laws of last decade? How many of those supposedly "temporary" measures have been rolled back? Are we really going to fall for the same three-card trick all over again?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:50 pm

So is it secret cameras or bathrooms that turn you on?

David, I don't know how to tell you this but there are bad bad people among us.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Although I wouldn't caricature them so, what you're saying is true in principle. The question then is whether we should allow our fear of these "bad people" to lead us into sacrificing civil liberties, right to privacy and all vestiges of common sense.

I fear Abbott is going for a Pavlovian response here. As far as I can see, it's working beautifully.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
How bout we round up a bunch of people who have ebola, and air drop them into the middle of the ISIS douches.

I was thinking the same myself. A real win / win situation and when they are all gone and no one is alive then just napalm the whole area.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:57 pm

David wrote:
Jezza wrote:
The Australian Federal Police doesn't come knocking on people's doors unless they have a serious reason to believe that certain individuals are conspiring to commit an attack on innocent civilians

Is this actually true? And aren't you worried by organisations like the AFP and ASIO being given too much power?

I'd like to draw people's attention to the article posted in this thread:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1496258

Haven't we learned anything from the anti-terror laws of last decade? How many of those supposedly "temporary" measures have been rolled back? Are we really going to fall for the same three-card trick all over again?

This thread would be monitored fact, like thousands or millions of other online discussions the bots would be searching for key words and who knows if one of us hasn't used one of those key words and red flagged Nicks. Doesn't concern me as all my other online activities I cannot see bringing me any grief from the law, do you have some concerns?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 5 of 128   

Jump to: