Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Phantom Draft 5.0

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm excited at the prospect of us drafting Laverde, but wondered what are the chances someone else will pick him before our pick 5?

While he would be my preference I don't think Laverde is even enough of a clear cut choice at pick 5 to be to worried about him going at 4.

He wont go top 3 IMHO.

If GWS believe that taking Laverde at 4 is some type of strategic selection that will see them still land Wright at 6 I think they might be sorely mistaken.

^This. If we miss out on Laverde, I can't see us passing up Wright. He has the potential to develop in to a monster forward and would be a perfect compliment to the athletic forward that Moore projects to be.

Can't see GWS taking the risk on passing him up at 4. With Boyd gone, and their need for an apprentice for Mumford, he is a super important pickup for their list structure.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Stupied wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm excited at the prospect of us drafting Laverde, but wondered what are the chances someone else will pick him before our pick 5?

While he would be my preference I don't think Laverde is even enough of a clear cut choice at pick 5 to be to worried about him going at 4.

He wont go top 3 IMHO.

If GWS believe that taking Laverde at 4 is some type of strategic selection that will see them still land Wright at 6 I think they might be sorely mistaken.

^This. If we miss out on Laverde, I can't see us passing up Wright. He has the potential to develop in to a monster forward and would be a perfect compliment to the athletic forward that Moore projects to be.

Can't see GWS taking the risk on passing him up at 4. With Boyd gone, and their need for an apprentice for Mumford, he is a super important pickup for their list structure.

Our biggest need is for a smooth mid-utility with foot and marking skills, and this draft has a few of that type, we can't afford another project 200cm player ATM (not with pick 5 anyway), we have a need for a mid-utility now, Wright will take years before maturing.
On the March 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Established procedure - best available. If you believe the hype Wright will be gone.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:48 pm

On the March wrote:
Established procedure - best available. If you believe the hype Wright will be gone.

Not this year IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: