Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ryan Griffen requests trade to GWS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ev5Magpies wrote:
I'd hardly say that Bucks has gone to Bali to chase Varcoe. It's mere coincidence that both are over there on a holiday.

Well can u please let him know we have a god damm list to replan, and to pack his speedos and try and sweet talk some sort of class player into playing for him.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:54 pm

35forever wrote:
Yes, there are clearly problems at Footscray and Essendon, it's been obvious for a while that Essendon is a sinking ship and Footscray clearly have 'culture' problems. We know what that means, don't we, it means the coach doesn't have the players. But when we have a similar mass exodus it's just a series of unrelated co-incidences and nothing whatsoever to do with the coach even though departing players have mentioned that very thing. Good God we're gullible!

McCartney obviously can't coach. Neither can Hird. Bomber was his ghost writing coach for the past three years. The jury is out on Buckley. Wink

But the fact Griffen wants to go to GWS at his age (28 ) seems to tell me he thinks he has a better chance of winning a flag with the Giants than a club like Collingwood.

Az 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 pm

collie dog wrote:
35forever wrote:
Yes, there are clearly problems at Footscray and Essendon, it's been obvious for a while that Essendon is a sinking ship and Footscray clearly have 'culture' problems. We know what that means, don't we, it means the coach doesn't have the players. But when we have a similar mass exodus it's just a series of unrelated co-incidences and nothing whatsoever to do with the coach even though departing players have mentioned that very thing. Good God we're gullible!

McCartney obviously can't coach. Neither can Hird. Bomber was his ghost writing coach for the past three years. The jury is out on Buckley. Wink

But the fact Griffen wants to go to GWS at his age (28 ) seems to tell me he thinks he has a better chance of winning a flag with the Giants than a club like Collingwood.

If he wanted to win a flag he wouldn't be looking to sign with the Giants. This is all about a pay day, that of which he isn't going to get at the Pies.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 pm

collie dog wrote:

Hmm, yeah I agree. Bulldogs captains are historically such great judges of premiership winning sides. I don't have the stats on hand, but I'm sure they've got a proud history of success. Though not as good as Hawthorn's of course. Razz
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:41 pm

what a dog

Razz
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Az wrote:
collie dog wrote:
35forever wrote:

If he wanted to win a flag he wouldn't be looking to sign with the Giants. This is all about a pay day, that of which he isn't going to get at the Pies.

not going for the money.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Hoping the Dogs do get pick 4. They'll go tall where the Giants would have likely gone for a mid.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:29 am

Quote:
I have today read a statement issued by Ryan Griffen’s management. It requires clarification.

Ryan Griffen raised with me some concerns about our Senior Coach the day after our best and fairest. I then organised for him to immediately relay those concerns to our Chief Executive, Simon Garlick. We both took Ryan’s concerns very seriously as did Brendan McCartney when he was informed of them.

We arranged for Ryan to meet with Brendan and our Football Director, Chris Grant, and they discussed his concerns. Brendan acknowledged some faults and agreed to work on them. At the conclusion of the meeting, Chris asked Ryan if he was happy with the meeting and agreeable to working with Macca on an ongoing basis.

Ryan answered yes to both questions and added that while he was on leave he wanted to reflect upon whether he was best suited to captain the Club in the future.

Having returned to Australia on Tuesday night and without any further discussion with us after giving that agreement, Ryan informed us that he had changed his mind. We were also informed that he was seeking a trade to GWS – with whom we now understand he was in communication during this time.

We are extremely disappointed at his approach and have no intention of indulging it.

This was Bulldogs President Peter Gorden's statement regarding the news that Ryan Griffen has requested a trade to GWS! There's some serious problems internally for the Doggies if all of this is true.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:55 am

Serious problems that might lead to a club not playing in a grand final for at least 54 years? Who'd have thunk it?
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:20 am

What a soft, weak, piece of shit captain he is. Captain of the club quite prepared to shaft the whole club because he doesn't like the coach. Phucking prima-donna players are really getting way ahead of themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: