Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

themonk wrote:
Is Rich over his knee injury?

Should be ready to roll round 1 2015. The question is how long will it take him to regain his former output.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Museman wrote:
Rourke has done not much more than pick 5 has at this stage Very Happy

Btw if they don't want to let any of the current list go(when did they all become stars???)

Then the best we can do is....Dayne Beams!

Don't know too much about O'Rourke other than he was a P2 in 2012. Certainly hasn't come on as you'd expect and I don't know if there have been injury issues. Appears to be very outside in what I've seen and don't know if that's consistent with his junior footy. Has had 2 years in an AFL system and SHOULD be ready to produce.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:31 pm

jackcass wrote:
Museman wrote:
Rourke has done not much more than pick 5 has at this stage Very Happy

Btw if they don't want to let any of the current list go(when did they all become stars???)

Then the best we can do is....Dayne Beams!

Don't know too much about O'Rourke other than he was a P2 in 2012. Certainly hasn't come on as you'd expect and I don't know if there have been injury issues. Appears to be very outside in what I've seen and don't know if that's consistent with his junior footy. Has had 2 years in an AFL system and SHOULD be ready to produce.

has been labelled as non-competitive.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:36 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
With Patful wanting to head to Sydney how about this arrangement.

Patful to GWS Jono Rourke to Lions.
Beams to Lions pick 5 (after Melbourne's compensation pick for Frawley) and Rourke to magpies
Still leaves us with pick 9 for Moore
Maybe the best we can get if they don't want to let any of there current list go.

Would rather see:

Patful and 3rd round pick to Sydney.
Beams and our 3rd round pick to Brisbane.
Pick 4 (5), 24 (25) and Tom Mitchell to the Pies.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:55 pm

^^Not sure about that one (would be a definite win for us). But this is the kind of deal we'll be looking at with the Lions not wanting to trade a young player. This means it's likely to be completed fairly late.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Lets do a Mark Williams and just say no. To hell with what Bvegas thinks - pick 4 is fair comp, when a defender from Melbourne s going for pick 3 - faaarc off - premiership player in his prime - dont talk to them, and let their [reputed] $5.3m offer fall over. I would rather have Beams not play for us or them than get legged over. Hell let's get Don Logan as our recruitment manager - spice it up a bit.
burton 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:43 pm

I think picks 4 and 24 would be a fair deal and I think this is what we should ask for. I don't like the Lions but we have to look at things from their perspective for a minute. Trading a young player would render the recruitment of Beams completely pointless. We're not being screwed over, we knew Dayne was a Queenslander when we recruited him and had to know there was a chance he would elect to return at some stage.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:09 pm

OEP wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
With Patful wanting to head to Sydney how about this arrangement.

Patful to GWS Jono Rourke to Lions.
Beams to Lions pick 5 (after Melbourne's compensation pick for Frawley) and Rourke to magpies
Still leaves us with pick 9 for Moore
Maybe the best we can get if they don't want to let any of there current list go.

Would rather see:

Patful and 3rd round pick to Sydney.
Beams and our 3rd round pick to Brisbane.
Pick 4 (5), 24 (25) and Tom Mitchell to the Pies.

That would be a good outcome. The sleeper may be that Brisbane wants to father/son Scott Clayton's lad, so they may not have the second round pick to get it done. I suppose we'll know that by mid-Monday morning, though.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:26 pm

burton wrote:
I think picks 4 and 24 would be a fair deal and I think this is what we should ask for. I don't like the Lions but we have to look at things from their perspective for a minute. Trading a young player would render the recruitment of Beams completely pointless. We're not being screwed over, we knew Dayne was a Queenslander when we recruited him and had to know there was a chance he would elect to return at some stage.

I'd be extremely upset if Collingwood allowed that sort of trade for Beams.
We get pick 4 (or 5) and a ready-made player or it's no-deal. Whether the ready made mid is from Brisbane or whether it's a multi-club deal I don't care, but we must have a replacement player and a high pick. Pick 24 it crazy talk in my opinion.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:33 pm

burton wrote:

Why do we need to look at it from their perspective?

We are losing an elite midfielder, top 10 in the entire league. Pick four will be pick 5 and could end up a dud and pick 24 is more likely to do so.

Screw the Brions, and if Daynes heart is set to leaving then as much as I cherish his memory his reasons and choices are irrelevant too.

The pies need to pay hardball here and get what they deserve. Frawley is apparently worth pick 3. So Dayne is not worth as higher pick as frawley according to the brions. Nup stuff em. Offer us some decent candy or "NO DEAL"

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
burton wrote:

We get pick 4 (or 5) and a ready-made player or it's no-deal. Whether the ready made mid is from Brisbane or whether it's a multi-club deal I don't care, but we must have a replacement player and a high pick. Pick 24 it crazy talk in my opinion.

Your mis-perception is two-fold. One in thinking we hold all the cards. He could walk for nothing in twelve months time if we're too greedy. Two in thinking we are an attractive option for any prospective young player. We are the better half of a decade away from our next premiership window opening.
burton 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:02 pm

September Zeros wrote:
burton wrote:

Why do we need to look at it from their perspective?

We are losing an elite midfielder, top 10 in the entire league. Pick four will be pick 5 and could end up a dud and pick 24 is more likely to do so.

Screw the Brions, and if Daynes heart is set to leaving then as much as I cherish his memory his reasons and choices are irrelevant too.

The pies need to pay hardball here and get what they deserve. Frawley is apparently worth pick 3. So Dayne is not worth as higher pick as frawley according to the brions. Nup stuff em. Offer us some decent candy or "NO DEAL"

Please take a step into reality. There's a reason why Clark didn't want to join and why Dayne is leaving. Even if the Lions were willing to trade a player why you assume any young player would want to come I'm not sure.

We got the better of the Saints with the Luke Ball situation and if we exhibit the same stubborness they did Dayne will walk in a year for nothing and then what?

The best strategy would be to involve Lumumba leaving in a pick upgrade deal. So we get pick 4 and 24 from the Lions for Beamer and then make 24 a first rounder by trading H.
Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:05 pm

If Shaun Burgoyne was worth two 1st rounders to the Hawks, how is Beams not worth that as well?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:05 pm

burton wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
burton wrote:

Your mis-perception is two-fold. One in thinking we hold all the cards. He could walk for nothing in twelve months time if we're too greedy. Two in thinking we are an attractive option for any prospective young player. We are the better half of a decade away from our next premiership window opening.

He can't just walk to the Lions in 12 months time. In a years time, unless Collingwood agrees to trade him to the Lions, his only other option is to nominate for the draft and hope no-one else drafts him. Currently we hold the aces in these negotiations. Put simply, he is contracted to Collingwood so we will only trade him to the Lions if we get a deal we are happy with. If they want him, they have to give us a good deal. Otherwise it's No Deal!
Museman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:07 pm

burton wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
burton wrote:

He could do a knee, he could fall over in the shower, the world could end....he could change his mind!

We'd be an attractive option to good young talent, if nothing else we're a attractive option to a kid who grew up supporting us Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 6 of 67   

Jump to: