Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Keep Greenwood deal separate from Beams deal

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 pm
Post subject: Keep Greenwood deal separate from Beams dealReply with quote

It's important we don't bow to the Lions hesitancy in trading one of their "magnificent 7 players" and as such avoid packaging Greenwood into the deal.
We shall be able to use pick 30 or pick 23 (if Dees acquiesce on the H deal)to get Greenwood. The Roos don't have much scope to crunch us here as he is uncontracted and wants to leave.

Yes they shall want the Lions pick 25 in the deal but we need to hold firm and push for jack Redden whose career average of 23 possessions a game, tackling machine, 190cm and inside and outside tendencies is what we ideally need.

Come on Derek pick 5 and Redden may be your finest moment!!!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

greg swann has already stated that greenwood will not be part of the beams deal. this deal, if it occurs, will be between brisbane and collingwood only.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Too late. It's 5 + 25 to Coll for Beams. 25 likely to NM for Greenwood.
Gross.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:45 pm

We got bent over big time on that deal.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:46 pm

Well done, Pies. You stayed HARD and TRUE to your word. Laughing stock. Good luck without my membership next year. So, we want from Number 4 + established gunplayer, to Number 5 plus 25. Hahaha.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross.

I've got no problem with this. we've got the lions 5 pick, which will enable us to recruit a young gun. We've also got a ready-made, strong bodied midfielder who averaged 25 possessions this year, is a tackling machine, and came equal 2nd as best player for a team which made the Prelim. Arguably, he's better than any player on the Lion's list.

Sure, in an ideal world we should have got a bit more, but this allows us to move ahead and plan for other trades and drafting strategies for November.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross.

I've got no problem with this. we've got the lions 5 pick, which will enable us to recruit a young gun. We've also got a ready-made, strong bodied midfielder who averaged 25 possessions this year, is a tackling machine, and came equal 2nd as best player for a team which made the Prelim. Arguably, he's better than any player on the Lion's list.

Sure, in an ideal world we should have got a bit more, but this allows us to move ahead and plan for other trades and drafting strategies for November.

Ditto, and it's a bloody sight better than JUST pick 5

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:08 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross.

Must be me.... Rolling Eyes

I agree with you and cant see the problem. We get rid of a player who wants to leave for whatever bloody reason and get a young gun at pick 5 AND a pretty fine player in Greenwood.

Where is the problem other than the usual totally unrealistic expectations here??? Question

Do we keep a player who DOESN'T want to be there?? Is THAT what you unhappy bloody fools want?? Evil or Very Mad Mad
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:16 pm

who says its too late?

I don't see the deal confirmed anywhere yet.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross.

I agree with you and cant see the problem. We get rid of a player who wants to leave for whatever bloody reason and get a young gun at pick 5 AND a pretty fine player in Greenwood.

Where is the problem other than the usual totally unrealistic expectations here??? Question

Do we keep a player who DOESN'T want to be there?? Is THAT what you unhappy bloody fools want?? Evil or Very Mad Mad

The problem is the UNKNOWN of Pick 5. Look at Scharenberg (2 years out with injury). Look at Freeman (on eyear out already). Look at Gumbleton (career already over).

And look at any number of top 10 players who didn't make it fopr various reasons. Beams had MADE IT. Superstar of comp. Levi is solid. Pick 5 is unknown. Hopefully Pick 5 turns out to be a stud, but for now, a solid player and unknown kid doesn't cut it for me for me.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross.

Brions 1st & 2nd pick was always a minimum. Because pick 4 has slipped to pick 5, maybe an exchange of 3rd round picks as well.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross.

The problem is the UNKNOWN of Pick 5. Look at Scharenberg (2 years out with injury). Look at Freeman (on eyear out already). Look at Gumbleton (career already over).

And look at any number of top 10 players who didn't make it fopr various reasons. Beams had MADE IT. Superstar of comp. Levi is solid. Pick 5 is unknown. Hopefully Pick 5 turns out to be a stud, but for now, a solid player and unknown kid doesn't cut it for me for me.

look at bontempelli. look at billings. look at ... your half empty glass.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Pick 5 is unknown but theres a reasonable chance it will be a better result than watts or kreuzer at pick 1. There are no guarantees. The aim of pick 5 is just meant to improve the likelihood of getting it right moreso than pick 6 or after.
Im " accepting " of lions first and second round picks but its important we also have some time left to use them as we see fit.
Dont forget that even after the greenwood deal ( presumably with lions second round pick ) we will still have two second round picks ( H and the pies second pick ) and they can also be bundled up to be used to our benefit for a decent deal.
They reckon this becomes an average draft quickly after the top few but the next two N Ds to follow are worse. Might be a good time to pick a kid now, given the risk could even be greater with any of the likely top ten picks in 2015 and 2016.

In derek hine we trust.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:00 am

John Wren wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross.

look at bontempelli. look at billings. look at ... your half empty glass.

Bontempelli was pick 4, Billings was pick 3 and seeing a glass as half empty is about having lowered expectations. It can be applied to both drafting and trading.

People should chill out. Hine will get us a fair deal and anyone who was willing to take picks 5 and 25 will be pleasantly surprised. Can't see why there'd be any opposition to that.

As for the comments above regarding Greenwood. I have to ask if they've ever seen him play before this season? He's a handy pick up, but no star or tackling machine. Just a cog in a machine. North were going to delist him this year if he didn't turn it on like he did. Then they offered him a one year extension, after seeing his good form first hand. Then finally a longer deal when other clubs came knocking. But still they rate Shaun Higgins higher than Greenwood. People need to know what we're getting because you can't expect Beams quality performances from a guy like Greenwood, not consistently. He's played 74 games in 7 years. Beams has played 110 in 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: