Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Varcoe may join Collingwood in three-way deal

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
jdpie1970 wrote:
Yarra Falls End wrote:
What about Varcoe and 21 to us, Clarke and 23 to Cats , Lumumba 30 and 48 to Melbourne

Now that the Trengove deal is off the table for the D's i would be backing out of this deal at a rate of knots. We want the 23 for H or do a direct swap with the Roos and keep our 25..
This will be the saving grace for the Beams trade.

Can you please explain why the failure of the Trengove trade affects our trading of H. This is a serious request by the way.

Was suggested that the Trengrove trade was Trengove & 23 to Tigers for pick 12. If that trade doesn't progress then that frees up 23.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:14 pm

leonmagic wrote:
get over it, if a player joins our club you support them until they play so poorly you can no longer do so. your opinions (and mine) mean nothing to the recruiting staff, so suck it up and move forward.

Will have my full support if he ends up a Pie but that doesn't mean I have to like the trade.
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:23 pm

leonmagic wrote:
ps. we've been crying out for an indigenous player with x-factor since leon left, so is it really all doom and gloom? give me an 'ordinary' aborignal over an 'ordinary' white guy any day

2 Aboriginal kids anticipated in the top 25 of the draft, either would be better than Varcoe.

Varcoe is injury prone, inconsistent and lazy, can be brilliant at times therefore is perfect for a top 4 team, not us.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:23 pm

jackcass wrote:
leonmagic wrote:
get over it, if a player joins our club you support them until they play so poorly you can no longer do so. your opinions (and mine) mean nothing to the recruiting staff, so suck it up and move forward.

Will have my full support if he ends up a Pie but that doesn't mean I have to like the trade.

Right there with you Jackcass. If he pulls on our jumper I will support him. But I don't think we should be offerering him a contract.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Not sure why we're still waiting on these trades to go through. Heard it was something to do with Varcoe's contract, but I'm hoping that's we're still negotiating what picks we end up with.

When all is said and done, I want either picks 5 and 23, 5 and 25 or pick 3 in Collingwood hands. Don't think I'll get it though. Sad
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Not sure why we're still waiting on these trades to go through. Heard it was something to do with Varcoe's contract, but I'm hoping that's we're still negotiating what picks we end up with.

When all is said and done, I want either picks 5 and 23, 5 and 25 or pick 3 in Collingwood hands. Don't think I'll get it though. Sad

How about if we ended up with 3 and Varcoe? Could we be negotiating with the Dees to swap 3 for 5 since Lumumba s a better player than Varcoe/Mitch? That would assure us either McCartin - imagine him with Moore long term or one of Brayshaw/Petracca.

Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:21 pm

E wrote:
Domesticated_Ape wrote:

How about if we ended up with 3 and Varcoe? Could we be negotiating with the Dees to swap 3 for 5 since Lumumba s a better player than Varcoe/Mitch? That would assure us either McCartin - imagine him with Moore long term or one of Brayshaw/Petracca.

That would be ideal for us. Fingers crossed that it's why it hasn't gone through yet.

This deal isn't bad at all from a Melbourne perspective -

In - Picks 5, 30, 48 and Lumumba
Out - Mitch Clarke and pick 3

It's just a matter of them wanting the extra picks. I was hoping the Trengove deal would be winner, then they could offer him and 30 for pick 12. Still they might have something else up their sleeve that they need extra picks for.

Cats are already happy with Varcoe for Clarke I think.
Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Listening to his manager I got the feeling he's very undecided.

Couldn't care less to be honest.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:17 pm

I'd rather take the pick. Varcoe just seems like a list clogger. Good enough to get a few games but doesn't add all that much. I'd prefer honest triers make up the fringe and depth rather than flashy squibs. You want your flashy squib to be elite.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Museman wrote:
Listening to his manager I got the feeling he's very undecided.

Couldn't care less to be honest.

I remain hopeful he can't bring himself to leave the cattery. Maybe that's more likely now he won't have to worry about his partner with Chrisiansen not around any more.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:38 pm

With Christensen leaving I would have thought Geelong would have wanted to retain Varcoe?

They lack for outside speed don't they?

Anyhow if he doesn't come then that all but guarantees we'll end up with pick 23 for Lumumba even if we have to throw in 30/48 to get it.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:55 pm

geelong has said they are more than happy for him to stay.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:58 pm

John Wren wrote:
geelong has said they are more than happy for him to stay.

We live in hope!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

leonmagic wrote:
ps. we've been crying out for an indigenous player with x-factor since leon left, so is it really all doom and gloom? give me an 'ordinary' aborignal over an 'ordinary' white guy any day

Shocked imagine if you said that the other way around!

I cantget my head around Varcoe, im trying but ugh!!I think my hatred of the cats is colouring it though!!!

MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Wokko wrote:
I'd rather take the pick. Varcoe just seems like a list clogger. Good enough to get a few games but doesn't add all that much. I'd prefer honest triers make up the fringe and depth rather than flashy squibs. You want your flashy squib to be elite.

What surprises me is that crisp gets written off because he didn't play enough games for a seemingly poor side, yet varcoe plays most games in a better side than us and he is also written off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: