Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#46 Mason Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When the AFL flip flopped (yet again) on a rule, namely allowing defenders to once again put hands in the back of a forward (from 2019), that is when Cox became irrelevant again. He was allowed to use his giant frame in 2018 because defenders weren’t allowed to hold him off the ball with hands in his back. Now they simply stick their hands in his back and work him under the ball. His value is basically nothing again cos of the rule being removed.

Just like the Steve McKee rule and the capped interchange rule and the sub rule, we have been screwed yet again out of our strengths by the AFL.

It’s borderline cheating. “What does Collingwood do well? Hmm, what rule can we introduce to stop their potential domination?”

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:32 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
When the AFL flip flopped (yet again) on a rule, namely allowing defenders to once again put hands in the back of a forward (from 2019), that is when Cox became irrelevant again. He was allowed to use his giant frame in 2018 because defenders weren’t allowed to hold him off the ball with hands in his back. Now they simply stick their hands in his back and work him under the ball. His value is basically nothing again cos of the rule being removed.

Just like the Steve McKee rule and the capped interchange rule and the sub rule, we have been screwed yet again out of our strengths by the AFL.

It’s borderline cheating. “What does Collingwood do well? Hmm, what rule can we introduce to stop their potential domination?”

Agreed wholeheartedly on all points; case closed.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:59 pm

Cox failed Bucks one too many times.

Can't get a game even when Cameron is dropped.

He doneski!!!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Cox failed Bucks one too many times.

Can't get a game even when Cameron is dropped.

He doneski!!!!

The Reid bros are made of glass, both could go out in same game,! I wouldnt write off Cox just yet, looks like now Cameron is out of favour, but Reid is no real full forward, if Grundy needs ruck help, and the poor bugger sure does, then Cox is the likely one to help him out, we cannot have Grundy rucking entire games, especially in this four game turn around match games, he will get worn out. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 pm

^ Absolutely agree with you Piesnchess. I'm hoping that Coxy will get another chance to show his value at some point across this condensed schedule.
Alex 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:23 pm

I hope Cox gets another game too, to show his worth, but Cameron should be first option out of the three.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm

Hard to know if players are rested or out of favor.

I was impressed by Cameron's performance only because he exceeded my early expectations ... doesn't demand selection, but is young and has done enough to keep his spot. We just need to look at Jonathon Ceglar to see not everyone needs to be AA to play... he will be ok. But if we were screaming out for a KP gun, he was never going to be IT. Not yet anyway.

I like Reid, he is good enough to be the AFL's best FF backup. He is my favorite as CHF with Checkers as 3rd. tall. (Reid will probably kick 6 tomorrow. lol )

Cox is by far our best option. Even on a bad day the bottom feeders get plenty of good opportunities. On his day, he can play deep, luring opposition to him. As a result, he does impact the opposition rebound, and by being a threat deep, he does create more room for us at HF.
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:02 am

IMHO - Cox is a far better option than Cameron right now. He looks a more natural forward that can play ruck. Also helps take the tallest defenders away from Mihocek, so even if he's not getting the ball, the decoy is a treat.

Is not our worst by a long shot.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:30 am
Post subject: Cox staying put in 2021Reply with quote

Looks like Mason has triggered the games requirement for him to remain a Magpie next year. Reports are he is on 550k per year.

FWIW for 2020 he is best 22 and our fwd line functions so much better with him in. Swap Cameron for JDG and we will have a potent enough fwd 6.

Next season though he should be shopped around assuming we can get some quality talls in the trade period. I’m concerned 550k is big overs but if he was to stay I think he does give us enough.[/url]

K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:33 am
Post subject: Re: Cox staying put in 2021Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
... I’m concerned 550k is big overs but if he was to stay I think he does give us enough.

Collingwood always overpays.

Last edited by K on Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:33 am
Post subject: Re: Cox staying put in 2021Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Looks like Mason has triggered the games requirement for him to remain a Magpie next year. Reports are he is on 550k per year.

FWIW for 2020 he is best 22 and our fwd line functions so much better with him in. Swap Cameron for JDG and we will have a potent enough fwd 6.

Next season though he should be shopped around assuming we can get some quality talls in the trade period. I’m concerned 550k is big overs but if he was to stay I think he does give us enough.[/url]

He is yet to trigger anything

K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:34 am

Fairfax reports he has easily met the trigger clause.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:35 am

K wrote:
Fairfax reports he has easily met the trigger clause.

You might mean News Corp. He needs more matches to trigger his clause.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:37 am

No, I mean "Fairfax" (technically not called that now.) But maybe News Corp says the same. I trust the reporting for now. He does not need more matches according to them. The last two were enough.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:37 am

He triggers a lot of Collingwood supporters. 😝

He created several goals last game by getting the ball to ground. Opposition are more worried about Cox than Cameron (who’ll get better).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 133 of 178   

Jump to: