Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks on AFL 360

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 pm
Post subject: Bucks on AFL 360Reply with quote

Just saw earlier Bucks will be on AFL 360 on Tuesday night. Very interested to hear from our coach and see where he thinks we are at currently.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone can stick the Video of it in this forum much appreciated, I'm in Lyon and limited with what I get.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
I'm in Lyon .

Garry or Ross?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:26 am

If I have to choose, I pick Ross.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:46 am

Hope he goes thru the Drunk Robbo saying we are not as good as we look
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Robbo was not part of the Bucks interview tonight. Bucks said Reid and Sinclair have had slight tendon and muscle tears and the Club is being conservative with bringing them back. Same with Freeman. Said he is not surprised at how well we are doing. Aimed at top 4 and wants to contend this year and we needed to finish top 4 to do that.

Been asking players broken into groups of six to write their best 22 and has found around 30 names pop up. Bucks said he doesn't know what our best team looks like yet. Said the depth and competition for spots is pushing everyone along. That 3 high draft picks are yet to play but when they look at the depth on the list they realise they are going to have to work damn hard to get a game.

Bucks said after 4 days off the players trained today and would train again on Sunday. He did not mention if Fas, Maxy, Toovs, Youngy or anyone else would return against Adelaide.

Everytime I see Bucks and then I see MM in the media it is abundantly clear we have done the right thing. I love where Bucks is taking us and am excited watching the improvement.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Agree. You Respect Bucks and that was hard with MM
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 pm

perthmagpie wrote:

Been asking players broken into groups of six to write their best 22 and has found around 30 names pop up. Bucks said he doesn't know what our best team looks like yet. Said the depth and competition for spots is pushing everyone along. That 3 high draft picks are yet to play but when they look at the depth on the list they realise they are going to have to work damn hard to get a game.

Thanks for the colour.

On the above, has Leading Teams gone too far? Now the players are picking the team too. Consensus gone mad! Shocked

fractal 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:01 pm

You can see part on foxsports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=buckley-bemused-by-viney-ban_1226907959530&vc=-1
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:07 pm

The groups of 6 players picking the side was a hypothetical proposition. It didn't happen. Bux used this as an example to demonstrate that they didn't know their best 22 atm.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Could see his mind ticking over, would have loved him to say what was on his mind regarding the Viney case. The look on his face whilst talking about it was priceless. (You know, that look you give someone as they're telling you about the most daft thing they've ever done.)
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Watched the program as well. Bucks said he didn't know what our best 22 was a s said he doubted the players would either. Then said he could break the team into groups of 6 and would most likely get 30 different names.
The comments about the 3 new players not having played for collingwood yet made them realize how much work they had in front of them to get a senior game.
I agree Bucks speaks with such clarity and focus about what he thinks. He stated he was happy with the progression but still knew there was hard work in front of the group.
He used the word group or team on every occasion in referring to the players and went to lengths not to highlight any player more focused on the team results.
Interest reference he made in regards to not bottoming out and used the hawks and cats as examples of not having to with good list management and looking ahead.
Overall he said a lot without giving much away if that makes sense. He was there early as well commenting on the viney suspension and said he would love to see the dees appeal this as it wasnt a good look for the AFL.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:

Thanks for the colour.

On the above, has Leading Teams gone too far? Now the players are picking the team too. Consensus gone mad! Shocked

Actually, he said that IF he broke them into groups of 6 etc he expected he'd get around 30 names. Didn't say he's actually done it.

Otherwise, agree with what you said.

And yeah, it was a good session. He's quite direct, doesn't stuff around and I like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: