Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

alternate thread 2 RIP 4 those who like 2 slag off dead guys

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just couldn't bring myself to put it into the other thread.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 pm

David wrote:
^ Thread title says 'dead', not 'fat'.

Gee thanks for that lucky you are hear to explain - my post was about greed - greed is something that Gina excels in Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:05 am

Yep, she's greedy. And she maintains absurdly conservative views. Yet what is it that people like to vilify her for most?

I'm sorry, I'm never going to give you a free pass on this shit. I don't care that it's Gina Rinehart. Every insult about her appearance merely supports and encourages one of our society's most vicious forms of discrimination and bigotry. There are plenty of women (and men) out there like her of similar size who feel hurt whenever this kind of insidious rhetoric is used, because they know that it reinforces their own dehumanisation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 am

I have nothing against Gina-the-Hutt's appearance, I dislike her because she uses people like disposable objects there to make her money. She is no better than a greedy pimp.

David she relies on your type of defense of to garner sympathy, she is playing you.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 am

I hate it when it does that goose

Last edited by think positive on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 am

1061 wrote:
Gina thinks she has things in common with Mandela

http://burdekinherald.com/2013/12/12/gina-rinehart-compares-self-to-nelson-mandela/

Quote:
The worlds richest woman has compared her struggle with that of former South African President Nelson Mandelas. Speaking to the Herald last night Gina Rinehart spoke of her companys expansion into Asia, Australias relationship with Indonesia and the news that Justin Bieber may replace Paul Walker in Fast and Furious 7.

But what took the air out of the room was her admission that Mandela and herself shared many attributes. The issue I have is I have to pay workers near Adelaide $40 to $50 an hour, when people who do the same thing in Africa work for $1. Thats not fair, why should Australian workers get so much? So this is my crusade, Im hunting for worker equality just like Mandela fought for racial equality.

Mandelas death this week has sent vibrations across the world, his actions have inspired and it seems that Rinehart is no exception.

Omg surely they are kidding.

No way can the beib get near to replacing Paul walker.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:28 am

David wrote:
Yep, she's greedy. And she maintains absurdly conservative views. Yet what is it that people like to vilify her for most?

I'm sorry, I'm never going to give you a free pass on this shit. I don't care that it's Gina Rinehart. Every insult about her appearance merely supports and encourages one of our society's most vicious forms of discrimination and bigotry. There are plenty of women (and men) out there like her of similar size who feel hurt whenever this kind of insidious rhetoric is used, because they know that it reinforces their own dehumanisation.

Hang on, Morrigu explained above what she meant, it's not her fault that Gina is over weight and it can be taken another way.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:30 am

"It" refers to [quoteDavid]yes she's greedy, I think.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 am

1061 wrote:
I have nothing against Gina-the-Hutt's appearance, I dislike her because she uses people like disposable objects there to make her money. She is no better than a greedy pimp.

David she relies on your type of defense of to garner sympathy, she is playing you.

Yes, just like Robert Mugabe was 'playing' me when I criticised Jack_Spain for directing appalling racist insults at him.

I really shouldn't need to explain this.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:08 am

Gina would make a badass zombie.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:29 am

I've been overweight and I've been fit and lean and both conditions were caused by me. Mugabe's race isn't something he can do anything about, Gina can probably make lifestyle choices to improve her health.

And that's the first and last time I'll ever say something that could almost be considered a defence for Mugabe that evil c***.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 am

^ That's the popular narrative, but it's mostly bollocks. Many, many factors affect one's weight, including but not limited to metabolism, clinical depression, medication and socioeconomic background. Even if it were not so, nothing could ever justify the way our society treats the overweight. It would be like saying homophobia were OK provided there was no genetic basis for homosexuality (which, actually, is a lot more up for conjecture than some would have us believe).

Bigotry should never be tolerated.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:54 am

David wrote:
^ That's the popular narrative, but it's mostly bollocks. Many, many factors affect one's weight, including but not limited to metabolism, clinical depression, medication and socioeconomic background. Even if it were not so, nothing could ever justify the way our society treats the overweight. It would be like saying homophobia were OK provided there was no genetic basis for homosexuality (which, actually, is a lot more up for conjecture than some would have us believe).

Bigotry should never be tolerated.

True that someone shouldn't be judged for being overweight, I've been in both the 'depression' and 'medication' side of that equation so I do understand, I just don't think that weight holds equal errr weight with racism for example and is largely controllable by those not afflicted with a condition.

Tangent: Homophobia is such a stupid word, means literally 'fear of the same', makes not a lick of sense. Laughing And who would be irrationally fearful of homosexuals anyway (phobia). I hate our language being hijacked. Like the whole 'misogyny' meaning something other than hatred of women.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:15 am

It's a strange derivation, but much of our language is like that. Many words and phrases have little in common with their original meanings. Others seem superficially inaccurate: guinea pigs, for instance, don't come from Guinea and have no relation to pigs, but we still call them that. That's how language works.

Of course, I grant you that it can become a little messy with political terms where the gap between what a term officially means (say, something very negative) and how it is used (something less negative) can be exploited and have a manipulative effect. Misogyny is possibly an instance of that. Homophobia isn't, though, because 1) the 'literal' meaning is no more perjorative than the popular usage; and 2) it is practically only ever used to mean one thingthat is, prejudice against gay people.

I understand why people are wary of equating weight prejudice with racism, but for me the effects are mostly the same: disenfranchisement, vilification, inequality of opportunity and dehumanisation. The (greatly overstated) fact that one can 'stop' being fat seems mostly irrelevant to me because I don't see how such potential applied to any other characteristic (sex, ethnicity or sexuality) would make other forms of vilification and discrimination much less oppressive. Essentially, one shouldn't have to change one's appearance to be afforded human dignity.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:38 am

the world has gone mad

if someone is fat, you cant call them greedy (greed doesn't mean fat by the way, I checked the various dictionaries ((nah just kidding but im guessing)))

if someone is black, you cant call them a gorilla (gorilla-gorilla (g-rl)
n.
1. The largest of the anthropoid apes (Gorilla gorilla) native to the forests of equatorial Africa, having a stocky body and coarse, dark brown or black hair.

2. Slang
a. A brutish man.

b. A thug.

im deaf, and I cop shit for it left right and centre, please tell me how I sue

oh and by the way Miranda doesn't like to be called skinny!! even if she does photoshop her own pictures Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: