Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood - Tony Armstrong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to give him a chance before we put the spud tag on him. Give him next season before we make any assessments.

If we hasn't picked up we would have had to use pick 67 in a shallow draft or a pick in the PSD.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Need to give him a chance before we put the spud tag on him. Give him next season before we make any assessments.

If we hasn't picked up we would have had to use pick 67 in a shallow draft or a pick in the PSD.

Yep - Fair call.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

the same opportunity people afforded jordan russell? i don't like the chances.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:31 am

I'm not saying he's on the list because he's native.

However:

1. If I did it wouldn't make me racist - and if you think it would, then fair chance you are racist but think you have learnt how to hide your racism from the world - mostly by pointing your finger and decrying others for it.

2. Matt Rendell lost his job for comments he made that were construed as racist. Whether they were or not, his new employer needs to be sensitive to that. Considering that he said, effectively, that clubs would stop taking the risk on indigenous players, having a lack of ATSI players on the Collingwood list is probably not a good look after we employed Rendell.

3. Therefore I would not discount the possibility that Culprit is right. I hope he's wrong, but I wouldn't know.

I predict that Mr Armstrong will get senior opportunity early, probably in a game we aren't trying terribly hard to win, and he will either seize it and become a very useful cog, or not.

72kg? Hopefully he's fanging a meat pie as we speak...

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:45 am

Breadcrawl wrote:

However:

1. If I did it wouldn't make me racist - and if you think it would, then fair chance you are racist but think you have learnt how to hide your racism from the world - mostly by pointing your finger and decrying others for it.

2. Matt Rendell lost his job for comments he made that were construed as racist. Whether they were or not, his new employer needs to be sensitive to that. Considering that he said, effectively, that clubs would stop taking the risk on indigenous players, having a lack of ATSI players on the Collingwood list is probably not a good look after we employed Rendell.

3. Therefore I would not discount the possibility that Culprit is right. I hope he's wrong, but I wouldn't know.

You have every right to an opinion and comment like anyone else but unless Culprit, you or any other like minded posters provide rock solid evidence (instead of unsubstantiated assumptions and theories) to back your claims, you lack the required credibility or integrity for this information to be taken seriously as factual.... Rolling Eyes

We can all piss into the wind but I wouldn't consider this as having a shower... Exclamation
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:06 am

I clearly stated that I hope Culprit is wrong, yet you have made us 'like-minded' supporters.

I made no 'claims', yet you want me to provide substantiated facts to back them up, these claims I didn't make.

All I did was point out that your condemnation of others' opinions lacked credibility and integrity

You can certainly piss into the wind, Lazza, but unfortunately not all of it lands back on you - there tends to be overspray

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:46 am

I use a toilet, one of those indoor types that are plumbed into those new fandangle sewerage system thingys, Far less messy.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

However:

I predict that Mr Armstrong will get senior opportunity early, probably in a game we aren't trying terribly hard to win, and he will either seize it and become a very useful cog, or not.

72kg? Hopefully he's fanging a meat pie as we speak...

we've never really been a club that traditionally has had a high volume of ATSI players. we're no where near the likes of essendon who seem to have a steady stream. additionally, those we have had have generally not had lengthy or fulfilling careers.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Pochemuchka wrote:
best afield in the NEAFL grand final.

i wonder if it is simply an attitude thing and taking things for granted, coasting along thinking it will all just happened for him.

I was at that game; he towelled up a balding and overweight Matthew Lokan; hardly the greatest performance in the world.

Make no mistake, NEAFL is park footy, not even close to VFL standard

I havent been a wrap for him, on what Ive seen and heard.
Paid attention to your post though.

Watch a bit of the NEAFL and while you are right it isnt at VFL standard, the games Ive seen are still a level above the best local footy Ive seen in Vic.
I didnt see this game but I have watched Matthew Lokan in this comp.
Yes he is big, he is also the coach and best on field leader in that side. He is very tough at the footy, loves laying blokes out and is first in when there is a scuffle. What I've seen of Lokan is a hard, aggressive, slow and happy to snipe or belt from behind particularly if getting beat.

IF Armstrong got a best on playing on him in a GF, well that's elevated him a bit now to what I originally expected.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Welcome to Collingwood Tony Armstrong.

Give it a good crack son, hope you have a great career at Collingwood.

Seems like we were after him for a bit more time than others seem to be aware of.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2013-11-15/introducing-tony-armstrong

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Thanks for the link WPT Smile

Tony looks very grateful for the opportunity that we've given him. I really hope he proves some doubters wrong and provides a positive contribution to the side.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 pm

Tony was delisted today but is apparently to be re-rookied:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-10-31/rookie-return-for-armstrong
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Tony was delisted today but is apparently to be re-rookied:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-10-31/rookie-return-for-armstrong

Contracted for next year so logical to rookie list him. Maybe someone will snatch him out from under our noses.
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 pm

wtf, he was our best player in the last 6 games
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 pm

^^^ Don't tease me like that, jackcass!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: