Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Patrick Karnezis!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Players stuffed it this year. Not sure I would give them the chance next year.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:54 am

Hmmm. There seem to be a bunch of posts in this thread that have nothing whatever to do with Patrick. They seem to be about bad journalism and the way we select our captain.

How very odd...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Nice Article:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/patrick-karnezis-fulfils-a-boyhood-dream-by-playing-for-collingwood-20131115-2xmf2.html

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:45 am

Great article and it's great to have a player who has a deep love and passion playing for the club in general Smile

Hopefully it translates to improved performances from Patrick as opposed to his Brisbane days.

SaraNeighed Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:32 am

Welcome to belonging to the AFL team Patrick. I've been hoping this boy makes it. I love it when a collingwood supporter plays for us. Last week it was Seedsman that showed he can star. This week Patrick showed he belongs.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:33 am

It's still early days for him but I was impressed with what I saw from him the other night. He can definitely build himself further off that performance.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:58 am

SaraNeighed wrote:
Welcome to belonging to the AFL team Patrick. I've been hoping this boy makes it. I love it when a collingwood supporter plays for us. Last week it was Seedsman that showed he can star. This week Patrick showed he belongs.

Yeah its good it gives a twinkle in the eye to all of us! Very Happy

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Seems to find time and space and then executes well by hand and foot. Still playing safe with his options though, guess he'll be more adventurous once he's feeling more secure in his position.

A performance like his makes it hard for selectors to omit him as well. Some tough decisions to be made over the coming weeks with guys like Broomhead, De Goey, Witts and Kennedy all pushing for senior games.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:25 am

jackcass wrote:
Seems to find time and space and then executes well by hand and foot. Still playing safe with his options though, guess he'll be more adventurous once he's feeling more secure in his position.

A performance like his makes it hard for selectors to omit him as well. .......

What a difference a week makes!

He's overrated IMO. Tonight while not Robinson Crusoe had NFI when in the backline & in the words of the late Jack Dyer: "he ran where the ball ain't".

Great VFL player though IMO - hope he makes me eat my words but I've had my doubts since Andrew Stafford wrote 2 years ago that he didn't think he was up to it.

I'm not blaming him for the loss but his lack of footy "knowing" was transparent tonight I thought.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:43 am

He's a forward.

He should be played forward.

I know I know a novel approach at the pies.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:50 am

Although I agree that he shouldn't be played in the backline, he looked to me to have a lot of time to make decisions on a night when most of the team was under great pressure. I thought he was one of the team's better players on the night and I was reasonably pleased with what I saw.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Although I agree that he shouldn't be played in the backline, he looked to me to have a lot of time to make decisions on a night when most of the team was under great pressure. I thought he was one of the team's better players on the night and I was reasonably pleased with what I saw.

He did have a lot of time to make decisions & by the time he made them Geelong filled holes & covered attacking options. Lovely kick but all tip & no iceberg is a phrase that comes to mind Wink

I hope I'm proved wrong but I have serious concerns about PK - he ain't no juicy fruit or peppermint spear.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:16 pm

I appreciate that you're joking, of course, but I actually meant that he got through traffic well at times when others couldn't buy space and were being wrapped up before they could get a clean disposal to a teammate. He's plainly a forward 50 player - but I think the Coach wants him to develop a stronger defensive side to his game. Bucks couldn't seriously believe playing him in the defensive 50 is a long-term strategy (could he, I mean really, could he????)
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I appreciate that you're joking, of course, but I actually meant that he got through traffic well at times when others couldn't buy space and were being wrapped up before they could get a clean disposal to a teammate. He's plainly a forward 50 player - but I think the Coach wants him to develop a stronger defensive side to his game. Bucks couldn't seriously believe playing him in the defensive 50 is a long-term strategy (could he, I mean really, could he????)

While I don't like bagging any of our players PK has done my view that he is way over-rated.

I'm still hoping he proves me completely wrong. So far the evidence isn't supporting him. Having said that, PK hasn't had a decent go of it (yet) in the ones to feel as though he's part of the team.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:45 pm

He'll be dropped this week.

He hasn't taken the opportunity and just didn't work hard enough when he didn't have the ball.

Looked strangely slow today so perhaps it's a case of not being fit enough for AFL and he blows up to easily and can't give repeated efforts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: