Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Patrick Karnezis!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Patrick, you got your wish, to play for the club you supported. Now prove yourself to all the doubters and turn around the perception of being a lazy and selfish footballer. The club has put a lot of faith in you to become an elite midfielder, so hopefully you shadow Pendles this season and launch into season 2014 straight away.
ip address 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:13 pm
Post subject: karnezisReply with quote

I agree 110% with what Rick has said, a huge opportunity presents itself.

I also agree his interview doesn't sound convincing as mentioned by Albert Parker.

Who cares about growing his hair!!

However, his potential and I believe that's why he has been recruited is far greater than what Paine would have provided.

Welcome to Collingwood, Patrick.

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:25 pm
Post subject: Re: karnezisReply with quote

ip address wrote:

I also agree his interview doesn't sound convincing as mentioned by Albert Parker.

However, his potential and I believe that's why he has been recruited is far greater than what Paine would have provided.

In his defence the muppet interviewing him asked about his hair he didn't just come out with that so give the guy a break. His build is ideal for a wingman half back flanker, he has the athleticism so now he just needs to put some hard yards in and could be a very good player. Is a huge upgrade on Paine so think we should just see how he pans out and reserve judgement.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:31 pm

I like him a lot.
Good height, speed and skills. The work rate will need to improve but surrounded by Swan and Pendlebury and under the direction of Buckley, Harvey and Burns it will bloody well be demanded and expected of him.

I also love getting someone who's always supported the club on board as well. Think Gavin Brown and Ben Johnson and you see the bit extra those sort will give. I f Patrick can be even half as passionate and devoted to the cause as those two then we are already well in front.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:31 pm

I was kind of hoping we'd persevere with Paine but Karnezis seems a bit more versatile. Certainly didn't get much from a few youtube highlights, happy to wait and see a full game in the flesh.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
It would be nice to see a trade with Brisbane work out for us.

Buckley (N)?

No actual trade there, but I now formally apologise to Cheesey O'Bree.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:11 am
Post subject: Re: karnezisReply with quote

Steve86 wrote:
ip address wrote:

In his defence the muppet interviewing him asked about his hair he didn't just come out with that so give the guy a break. His build is ideal for a wingman half back flanker, he has the athleticism so now he just needs to put some hard yards in and could be a very good player. Is a huge upgrade on Paine so think we should just see how he pans out and reserve judgement.

Agree. Geez there are some harsh judges on here. I thought he spoke extremely well for a young man just traded to the biggest club in the land.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:50 pm

I saw him a lot at TAC level, I rated him back then and still do. I also rate him coming to Collingwood and joining his old Mentor Steve Grace as the X factor in how he will perform. Grace I rate ahead of Richo in developing players.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:20 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-28/pies-bullish-on-karnezis-future

Interesting article. Reference to our skipper interesting....
Az 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 pm

BBHS wrote:

I noticed it too but the amount of times journos have referenced Pendles as our captain in waiting over the past couple of years, it's safe to assume he doesn't know anything we don't. The model is the same as every year regardless of leading teams, the players vote for the captain. That's not to say Bucks isn't quietly crossing his fingers for the inevitable change in leadership.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Az wrote:
BBHS wrote:

I noticed it too but the amount of times journos have referenced Pendles as our captain in waiting over the past couple of years, it's safe to assume he doesn't know anything we don't. The model is the same as every year regardless of leading teams, the players vote for the captain. That's not to say Bucks isn't quietly crossing his fingers for the inevitable change in leadership.

As much as I am keen for Pendles to be made captain, that is very disrespectful to Maxy. Either that or incredibly sloppy journalism....or both.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Az wrote:
BBHS wrote:

As much as I am keen for Pendles to be made captain, that is very disrespectful to Maxy. Either that or incredibly sloppy journalism....or both.

Agree RB. Actually I wouldn't mind giving Maxy one more season ahead of making Pendles captain. It's all up to the players in the end.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Az wrote:
BBHS wrote:

Well Bucks does not have to do that. He can Name Pendles as Captain

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:25 pm

I would say incredibly sloppy journalism, since it's pretty much a given that Maxy will hand over the reigns.
If Maxwell could still play at best 22 standard, I'd be all for keeping him as captain. Will not be surprised if he is dropped based on form in 2014 though.
Az 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

I would imagine certain criteria would have to be met in the process of voting for the captain. Obviously being in the leadership group is one of them, but they would have to be a lock in our best 22 from now on you would think. Can't have a captain who is floating in and out of the team for obvious reasons and no doubt the players will be made aware of that.

Dave, yes Bucks could appoint the captain himself but with his whole cultural change going on and giving players more involvement and ownership of the team, it's hard to see him taking away the player's chance to vote who they feel best leads them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: