Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Talking Footy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 7:41 pm
Post subject: Talking FootyReply with quote

When Talking Footy first aired it quickly became my favourite footy related tv show. However, I feel that this season and last season the standard has dropped.

Last year I couldn't handle Tim Lane as the host, strangely I thought even Bruce was better! With Wallace on the couch I thought it would be a clever idea. Having a look at the perspective of a current coach, yet this just created 'The Terry Wallace Western Bulldogs Show'. Last year there seemed to be no time devoted to the Pies. Which I thought may have been fair enough, seeing we were having a poor season.

BUUUUUUUUUUT... Now, this year, when Collingwood look in such good shape, the Talking Footy policy still seems to be to neglect our team! What is the bloody deal. After that win against Carlton I noticed that less than two minutes were discussed about The Pies. This is pretty appalling from a show that goes for two hours!

I thought this year with Blighty back the show would improve, but I’ve got to tell you, I’m having trouble working out whose comments are more ridiculous. Has Malcolm finally turned loony?

Has anyone else noticed the decline in the shows standard?
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 7:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Malcolm Blight has, technically, gone "loony."

You can definitely see why he "burned-out" as a Coach. He gets extremely passionate. Actually, you can hear it in his commentary when he gets obsessed with a bad decision or piece of play and simply berates it.

But when some matters come up - particularly questioning the integrity of Coaches - I think he simply snaps. He's probably had that no end as a Coach himself and thinks it's:
a) not worth answering.
b) not worth discussing because of the exploitation-factor (of the Coaches in question).

How was he when Sheahan quoted Dermott Brereton citing that Blight "topped-up" (on experience and not youth) at Adelaide when he was coach?

"Good on him," Blight snapped back.

Sheahan was thunderstruck and afraid, I think, to follow up. Even the Human Puke, Healy, seemed dumbfounded. Finally Sheahan asked Blight whether he disagreed with that assessment, and Blight said "Yes," (he did disagree), and the Human Puke thought it best to move the show on.

TIP: On one matter or another, Blight's going to lose it and clout Sheahan.

As for Collingwood, I think they're waiting for a loss before they start discussing us whether we'll be able to come back. Also, I think they're a little tentative to face a Y2Malty reprisal if anything they say can be misconstrued.

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.The Collingwood Rant.
Don't believe the Facts until you've read the Rants!

The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.

[This message has been edited by Sly (edited 12 April 2000).]
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2000 5:39 am

I watch Talking Footy every week and i agree it had dropped a bit. Now it just seems that Mike and Blighty constantly stab at each other making it boring for the viewers.
u can't beat the one with Bruce i reckon. And also i thought Terry Wallace was good on it but it was a little difficult having him on while in his current status as Bulldogs coach. I don't think they've really neglected the Pies this year remember they did show two or three weeks in a row our club song in the rooms after the game which is more than the channel 7 coverage of the actual game does.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2000 2:51 am

Did anyone watch the episode with Bucks in it? Gave great insight into what is going on with the club...Anyway, did anyone catch the statistics about Essendon's first quarters. I don't know what it all meant. Can anyone please elaborate?

Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 9:32 pm

The Essendon Statistics showed that they have only given away a total of 7 goals from their first quarter efforts so far this season. Compared with their previous seasons they have really turned stingy in defence.

But WHO CARES! This will mean nothing when the Anzac Day clash comes along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: