Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clinton King

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 10:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No-one i repeat no-one is going to pick up Scotty Crow. He was a reject from Hawthorn then came here and now he's been rejected from the bottom side, none of out 'delistings' will get picked up by anyone. (monkey might be picked up but he wasn't a delisting). And Mich@el i don't know what planet you're on but if crow and watson were all it took to make us a top eight side than they should be all-australian - lets face it we are a young inexperienced side but we have plenty of potential, getting rid of stiffs like Crow is the way to go.
Lozza 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 12:53 pm

Mich@el,

With all due respect you're a dickhead! Excuse my ignorance but since when was Scott Crow a proven goalkicker?? (or are you refering to all of the reserve games he played this year??)

Do you honestly think that if Crow and Watson had played more games we would have made the eight??? As Newelly said, I don't know what planet you are on but surely those drugs are having a stonger effect than anticipated.

Scott Crow WAS a good player. He HAS NOT been a good player for two seasons. Get over it son. It is time to move on or would you rather persist with players that are below average ( hence Wooden Spoon )?? This has been our downfall for far too long and takes someone like Mighty Mick Maulthouse ( MMM ) who has got the BALLS to make the hard decisions. You need to get over the 'keep the nice guy' syndrome ( you too Amanda ) and start demanding success! This is Collingwood. We are not Fitzroy, Bulldogs, Dees, Tigers. Who gives a rats arse about these teams. Let them be mediocre. We live and breathe on success. Without success, we will die!!!

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

peps_12 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 7:46 pm

"that paralysed halfwit"

I love it!!

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 8:04 pm

I Agree with everyone that mich@ael is a dickhead. The players we delisted and those that couldnt get a regular game in the seniors this year were only ever gonna get us pushing the eight each year. THEY were never going to win us a premiership. So Shawry done the right thing and although he will be remembered for being a poor coach ill remember him as the one who turned us around while Malthouse comes to a club with many young skilled experienced players that have a huge amount of potential. WE could have played our more experienced players and one maybe 3 or 4 more games to finish around 10th and gained absolutely nothing other than the fact that we didnt get the spoon. This is something we must respect Shaw for even though he wasnt the best thing thats ever happened to Collingwood.
Charlie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 1999 6:00 pm

I don't want to can Shaw, but If I praise MM, then it would automatically undermine your praise of Shaw.
Here goes :
What is just happening at Collingwood, is what has been normal at West Coast for the last 5 years and more.
MM inherits a youthfull side, but you forget he leaves a youthfull and better skilled side behind.
Who has done the better work ?.
If it had been the other way around I could understand your praise for Shaw.

This goes back to the old lesson we are all starting to learn. Lets not benchmark using internal standards, lets compare ourselves against the oppositions standards. If we do this, then its not a matter of Shaw doing the right thing, its a matter of 'how long did it take for the coin to drop ?'.

Dazza G 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 1999 2:48 am

I live in country S.A. and know a little about Adam Fiora (the no. 3 draft pick from the Port Adelaide Magpies)what i have been told is that Fiora is a ready to go senior player with great pace and good disposaland a year of senior footy under his belt, now i do not question giving up our 3rd draft pick for McKee, as we have a need for talls, but in S.A. there were big wraps in the media for Fiora, but over here McKee is relatively an unknown, having only seen a handfull of games living so far away, i do not get to see games like Collingwood V Richmond very often at all, therefore i am interested to know what people who have seen him play think of him honestly, & also why did Richmond let him go?, Gale wont play on forever, it just seems to me that if he was showing some promise that Richmond wouldn't let him go, interested to see what you guys think.

ash 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 1999 10:11 pm

Newelly you are way to hard on King. He is an execellent shot for goal, can kick set shot from the 50 meter line, and did show lots of potential. Rated as the next big rover. BUT! Lots of people in the media are a big wrap for Mckee. He may not be a big name now, but I bet he soon will be. And besides we have half a side of young talent like King. Once O'bree fills the hole that King has left you'll be glad that we made that trade. Keep in mind King did have lots of enjory problems, and we have a good reputation of getting rid of players that are injuty prone. eg Starcevich(abosulte gun), Arron James, Dacios(Insert your own gun prase here) just to name a few.
The part of that deal that really pissed me off was lossing our 3rd pick and getting there 7th. There is a big difference between those 2 picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: