Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clinton King

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peps_12 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 4:08 pm
Post subject: Clinton KingReply with quote

OK, I don't know jack about McKee, and I know not much more about Ukovic.

3rd pick is better than 7th.

And Clinton King will embarrass the hell out of Collingwood before his career is over.

barry 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 4:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. McKee is needed more than a crumber who can't kick or handpass and I won't even go into contested marks!

peps_12 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 4:47 pm

That may be, Barry, I didn't say we didn't want McKee. I said King will embarrass us. And he will. He will kick on. Kids don't stay kids, remember, and they can't all kick a million miles from the age of 5.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 5:48 pm

mckee's only 21. he's just a kid. so according to your theory he should 'kick on' pretty soon anyway. you really reckon king would have got a game at richmond this year? only reason mckee didn't get a game there is because they have two bloody good ruckmen in gale and ottens. even though mckee can't get 25 possies like king, if he takes about 6 marks, gets about 14 possies and over 20 hitouts then he'd be just as damaging as a small man. we've got enough of them as it is.
ZED 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 6:44 pm

McKee has come to Collingwood knowing he could be number one ruckman.
MM has given him the chance and us supporters hope he is hungry for the role.

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 7:10 pm

I agree and hope King does embarrass us. I heard him interviewed on sport 927 this morning and he didnt even get told by the club he found out from a fellow player and then had to ring his manager to find out what was goin on. All this after 3 weeks ago they called him in and said he was one of the important young brigade that held the future of the club in their hands.
Go King kick on!!!!!!
Wally 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 1999 1:54 pm

I'd hope we are a bit more professional than that, Kingy doesn't deserve that sort of treatment. He sounded genuinely disappionted to be leaving Vic Park. Bloody good luck to him at Richmond (except against us).

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 1999 6:09 pm

exactly right nuv. in many circumstances it's not so much the size of the dog in the fight, but merely the weight of the porterhouse steak/lamb fillet/eye fillet/chicken breast that is 'up for grabs' at the time, and hence is the item that causes the aggressive, 'fighting' countenance between the dogs.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 3:05 pm

El tel has left the building.
He had a bit of grunt - but his disposal skills were as good as Jason Wild. Good riddens to the both of them. All we have to do now is get rid of Godden and Patterson. We need skilled player not "turnover" players.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 9:19 am

Tone........... "the emotion of loosing a good player like King has worn off..." HAS IT!?!?!?! You're "HAPPY"? Are you, but are you really? How can you be so sure until we all see McKee play for us? Or have you just got the VIBE?

King gone, Crow gone, any more mistakes still waiting to surprise us?
skins 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 11:47 am

Got a mate at work, a Richmond supporter who reckons that he is spewing they lost McKee. He says that he is a fantastic mark....has good disposal skills and can ruck well. He reckons that he is a good player now and in 12 months he will be an excellent player.

Sounds promising.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 3:31 pm

Mich@el,

I never mentioned King. It would have been great to keep him, but.........
We need quality talls. I am just happy they got rid of Vennebles (el tel)

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 11:44 am

Mich@el, If dropping Crow was a mistake where are all the teams throwing themselves at him to pick him up? Malthouse realises to be a good team we need to get rid of any average to bad players - average to bad players for AFL level. Crow was average to just above average at Collingwood but he would of not got a guernsey at any top 8 club. That goes ditto for King I`m afraid. King is in his 20's and looks like a 16 year old, he will never be physically mature enuff to make a big impact at AFL level,don't worry about him embarrassing anyone except those vitriolic Richmond supporters. He is small can't take any great mark, can't kick far, can't handpass far , only decent asset is pace but can get 25 possessions a game and it wont make a sh!t of difference to whether his team win or lose the game, as was of great evidence this year. He constantly got those 25 possessions this season but we won a grand total of 4 games and sh@t it in for the wooden spoon.
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 9:40 pm

Bullshit!
We would have been a top 8 team last season, if the selection committe didn't throw in the towel. Giving proven goal kickers like Crow and Watson games, would have helped us. Instead they decided to give games to Raso, Venables, Tape, Richardson, and even Wild, consistantly ahead of them!
I hate duds 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 9:28 am

Michael, Crow is a dud, end of story. No ifs or buts. We'll see if anyone bothers to pick him up. I doubt it. Back to suburban footy for him. As for Patterson, how that paralysed halfwit escaped delisting, MM has some explaining to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: