Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies v Tigers 20th April

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ropeter 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 pm
Post subject: Pies v Tigers 20th AprilReply with quote

I am coming down for this game with my wife and 2 kids, aged 7 & 3.
I have previously sat in top level of Ponsford stand at 2011 GF but think
this may be too high up for the kids.
What would be the best lower level area to watch amongst Pies supporters
and when would seats be available?

Thank you.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

level 3 is the best level to see the game. as you see the game unfold and get to see everything.

but seeing as you have kids level 1 could be the way to go. most pies supporters are in aisle 30-34 in the ponsford stand
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:20 pm

It's interesting how different people see things differently.

For me Level 2 is the perfect level. You feel close but not to far away.

Level 1 is still great as well though, especially if your within 10 rows of the field. You can't see as well as you can from level 2, especially if the ball is at the opposite end of the field. But when the contest is close to where you're sitting, there's nothing like being able to hear each colision. When I've been up in the top of the Ponsford or watching on tv sometimes I've thought "I could do that, or I could've done better than that." But when I've been sitting 10m away from a contest I've often thought "wow, these boys really do hit hard." You really get a better perspective for how tough this great of our's is, for the players AND the umpires. You can only understand the difference in intensity by experiencing the game from different vantage points.

Sitting in the top deck is my least favourite place to sit. Sometimes you can really feel a real distance. Sometimes I think watching on tv can be more exciting, especially if it's a game that lacks atmosphere.

I definitely wished I just watched the Qualifying final from home last year. Because if I had've been sitting on my couch I wouldn't have been surrounded and heckled by Hawthorn supporters.
ropeter 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks for your feedback.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Ropeter, I'm just curious as to whether you have any friends who are MCC members. If you do, you can always obtain guest passes from them, and they're only about $30 for each person.

My advice is to get tickets in advance if you want level 1 seats as Richmond and Collingwood matches always have a big crowd.

jayaykay 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a 'Pies country membership (to 5 home games) and have been a member for a few years now. I've never had the chance to attend a game yet to exercise any membership privileges. I'm hoping I can come to the 'Pies v Tiges game in Round 4 but my membership won't be much use this time anyway...right, since it's an away game.
So, I guess I'll have to buy a ticket in the conventional, great unwashed way...which is? Get onto Ticketmaster or whatever as soon as the games become available? I've been following the above posts, so I'm guessing if I book early enough I can get a seat in the better areas you suggest? :p
Any cretin instructions/recommendations will be most welcome! Wink
Cheers, John.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 pm

jayaykay wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a 'Pies country membership (to 5 home games) and have been a member for a few years now. I've never had the chance to attend a game yet to exercise any membership privileges. I'm hoping I can come to the 'Pies v Tiges game in Round 4 but my membership won't be much use this time anyway...right, since it's an away game.
So, I guess I'll have to buy a ticket in the conventional, great unwashed way...which is? Get onto Ticketmaster or whatever as soon as the games become available? I've been following the above posts, so I'm guessing if I book early enough I can get a seat in the better areas you suggest? :p
Any cretin instructions/recommendations will be most welcome! Wink
Cheers, John.

Unfortunately you won't be able to use your membership as it's an away game.

I think the best solution is to try to get tickets as soon as they come out for this match. If both teams are in form, then you'll need to get them ASAP. If it's only for yourself, you should be able to find at least one seat in level 1 surely, but if it's a family, that'll be a tougher ask.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 am

Look for Ponsford Stand - aisles M29 to M36
M36 is next to the players race.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: