Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I hate the Olympics

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you'll be barracking for Aus in the games, not the poms?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Oh, here's a good one:

Swimming Australia wrote:
“While what the boys did was not illegal, posting the photos on social networks encourages public debate, and that debate can be seen to have a negative impact on the image of the sport and their own image.”

http://m.theage.com.au/sport/olympics-2012/social-media-ban-for-guntoting-swimmers-20120611-205lq.html

Ladies and gentlemen, Swimming Australia: protecting Australia from the dangers of public debate. Laughing

Oh, and the Australian Olympic Committee are in top form too!

http://m.theage.com.au/sport/olympics-2012/red-faces-for-swim-officials-as-new-gun-pictures-emerge-20120610-204dx.html

D'Arcy may well be a scumbag and a moron of the highest order; but sometimes, it takes a dickhead to make the establishment look foolish. Just ask Corey Worthington and ACA!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Oh do try to get with the program, David.

This scumbag has been found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm upon another athlete and was sentenced to 14 months jail for it (he has served ZERO time) and, having broken bones in this poor bastard's jaw, eye socket, hard palate, cheek bone and nose, he was required to pay $180,000 compensation to the innocent man who's life he ruined. He has not paid that either. He has paid NOTHING, he has not shown remorse, and he continues to glory in violence and aggression.

In short, there is absolutely no valid reason to support this scumbag's trip to London to represent Australia, and even less reason for him to be having public money spent on his accommodation (other than at Long Bay Prison where he belongs).

Pity poor Dawn Fraser who was kicked out of the Olympic team for a truly trivial breach of team rules. What must she think when she sees this absolute scumbag commit the next closest thing to murder (the athlete he so brutally assaulted could quite easily have died during the attack) and not get kicked off the team.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I hope you'll be barracking for Aus in the games, not the poms?

It depends on the event!!

Cricket bores me to tears except 20/20 and one dayers, and they ain't the same since viv Richards finished! But I am not a fan of the Aussie cricket team, so I always go for the poms, I even sat up all night and watched them win the ashes, even waited out the rain!!

I really want Usain to break the record, just because he is the best of the best (and so far, appears clean!)

Swimming always the Aussies, the poms don't do to well ( it's to fricken cold to swim there I guess!) though phelps in the 100 gets me pumping! I think it's the100,long time between drinks!

Running, the English and yanks in the relay, no reason! The long distance can't go past the etheopians! Any one that was in THAT female relay team, I'm happy for their hamstrings to snap! ( oooooh that's mean!)

Mostly the Aussies, especially the ones with charisma, as, well, I read about them here so.....

The guitar playing swimmers relay, how good was that! Always a Klim fan!

I just love jamacians, so I'll go for them if they make any finals! No reason!

And anyone from a small nation that has a go, and especially if they do good, love that!

Basketball, ladies the Aussies, men's, well the dream team is gone, so Aussies! Nothing better than watching air jordan in full flight! That whole team, oh wow!

Tennis, Nadal, my fantasy man!

Yeah I have a black and white footy heart, no doubt, but beyond that, sorry, I'm a bit unfaithful! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Tannin wrote:

This scumbag has been found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm upon another athlete and was sentenced to 14 months jail for it (he has served ZERO time) and, having broken bones in this poor bastard's jaw, eye socket, hard palate, cheek bone and nose, he was required to pay $180,000 compensation to the innocent man who's life he ruined. He has not paid that either. He has paid NOTHING, he has not shown remorse, and he continues to glory in violence and aggression.

In short, there is absolutely no valid reason to support this scumbag's trip to London to represent Australia, and even less reason for him to be having public money spent on his accommodation (other than at Long Bay Prison where he belongs).

Pity poor Dawn Fraser who was kicked out of the Olympic team for a truly trivial breach of team rules. What must she think when she sees this absolute scumbag commit the next closest thing to murder (the athlete he so brutally assaulted could quite easily have died during the attack) and not get kicked off the team.

I gotta agree with all that. Especially the Dawn Fraser part.

The guy is a certified thug. If he had users knife, instead of his fist, he probablywouldnt be allowed in the country.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 pm

OK, forget Nick Scum. What about the rest of the Olympics?

Well, I agree with Rocket Ronnie that it's all bullshite of the highest order and a complete waste of time and effort. Then again, so is football, and I like football. Who says there is a law against liking to see a waste of time and effort?

A quick tour of Tannin's Olympics:

Swimming: don't much care. Boring as batshit ... except when you start getting into it and it suddenly becomes riveting. (Generally, that's a good time to stop watching, put the scotch bottle away, and go to bed.) But I do have a weakness for the relays, and lso for the incredibly difficult long-distance races. Kieran Perkins' effort in 1996 still fills me with awe, even after all these years.

I like the bowls - but that's only at the Commonwealth Games, so no dice there.

Hockey: yup. I like the hockey.

Gymnastics can be fun. Diving ... depends on the mood I'm in. Track and field stuff, sure. Well, most of it anyway. I LOVE the 400 metres. Marathon is good. Road cycling is OK, track cycling is brillant! Basketball is even more boring than it is outside the Olympics.

Whatever. Ther one thing absolutely guaranteed to turn me off is gushing yank-style faux-patriotism with anthems and all that other bullshite. I can't stand it. I'd rather eat my own vomit.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 pm

3.14159...etc wrote:
LAst week i watch live as Kylie sung and damced as a Pearlie Queen.
Thought i'd died and gone to heaven.

Are you serious?!!! Oh my god, I am sooo jealous! That performance was AMAZING!!!!!

David wrote:
7167, there are plenty of things that I'm not interested in that I tolerate: country music

Haha, you definitely tolerate that considering you would see it mentioned in my facebook status every 5 minutes Razz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 am

Tannin wrote:
OK, forget Nick Scum. What about the rest of the Olympics?

Well, I agree with Rocket Ronnie that it's all bullshite of the highest order and a complete waste of time and effort. Then again, so is football, and I like football. Who says there is a law against liking to see a waste of time and effort?

A quick tour of Tannin's Olympics:

Swimming: don't much care. Boring as batshit ... except when you start getting into it and it suddenly becomes riveting. (Generally, that's a good time to stop watching, put the scotch bottle away, and go to bed.) But I do have a weakness for the relays, and lso for the incredibly difficult long-distance races. Kieran Perkins' effort in 1996 still fills me with awe, even after all these years.

I like the bowls - but that's only at the Commonwealth Games, so no dice there.

Hockey: yup. I like the hockey.

Gymnastics can be fun. Diving ... depends on the mood I'm in. Track and field stuff, sure. Well, most of it anyway. I LOVE the 400 metres. Marathon is good. Road cycling is OK, track cycling is brillant! Basketball is even more boring than it is outside the Olympics.

Whatever. Ther one thing absolutely guaranteed to turn me off is gushing yank-style faux-patriotism with anthems and all that other bullshite. I can't stand it. I'd rather eat my own vomit.

Haha yep they suck you in and you can't stop watching, it ain't the scotch, buddy, it's that soft spot in your heart you try so hard to hide!

Yell out, I'll be awake too!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 am

^ Smile

But I don't have a TV now, so I will be doing all my watching on radio. That's OK. I get to see more of the games that way.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:30 am

Miss_Lisey_Molloy wrote:
3.14159...etc wrote:
LAst week i watch live as Kylie sung and damced as a Pearlie Queen.
Thought i'd died and gone to heaven.

Are you serious?!!! Oh my god, I am sooo jealous! That performance was AMAZING!!!!!

David wrote:
7167, there are plenty of things that I'm not interested in that I tolerate: country music

Haha, you definitely tolerate that considering you would see it mentioned in my facebook status every 5 minutes Razz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

There you go, something in common!

I love country music, nothing like a good, he done me wrong, she done me wrong, jump of the west gate Song to get me going! love it!

Love Reba McEntire, another one who's name escapes me an ex BF introduced me too, Kenny Rodgers

I remember, Laura branigan!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 am

Tannin wrote:

We don't have to imagine — someone has already asked her:

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport/london-games/gun-pair-facing-games-sanction/story-e6frgdg6-1226389543551

Quote:
Olympic swimming great Dawn Fraser, herself no stranger to controversy, told ABC Radio calls to sanction D'Arcy and Monk were an overreaction.

"I did think it was a bit foolish, but then again, boys will be boys, won't they?" she said. "It's a shame it's got to this stage where they are being trialled by media."

Here's a tangent, Tannin: are you ok with the fact that Dane Swan lines up for our team every week? How would you feel if he had a photo taken tomorrow at a rifle range doing a Chopper Read pose for a lark? Would you:

a) demand his immediate sacking from the team?
b) propose a three-match internal suspension?
c) have him put in stocks at Federation Square?
d) start a petition for his immediate deportation?

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:36 am

Member 7167 wrote:
[

Tp, I fully agree with you here.

This attitude that "If I am not interested it must be garbage" shows a complete lack of tolerance, worldliness or life experience and is really a major byproduct of the selfish "ME" generation.

Love the one you are with, apperciate and enjoy what you have and show tolerance to others are what khama is all about.

So to have a differing view on this topic is "intolerant"? I never said anything about whether anyone should or should not consume it if it is taking place. If you and anyone else want to waste their time with it so be it. But do try to be aware of what a rancid, corrupt, expensive, and meaningless travelling circus the Olympics really are.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 am

Ah Olympians behaving badly - your taxes at work folks!

Someone forgot to tell D'arcy that Olympians are meant to be high minded types striving for an ideal and the glory of the nation. Laughing

he might do better in the Dandenong 2016 Olympics:

Quote:
Dandenong's making a bid for the 2016 Olympic Games.

In order to increase the likelihood that the successful bidders will
win at least some medals, the competition has been somewhat modified.

However, fierce competition is expected from rival areas such as
Broadmeadows, Morwell, Springvale, Sunshine, Benalla, Moe, Footscray
etc...

OPENING CEREMONY

The Olympic Flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown by a native
of the City wearing traditional flannelette shirt, jeans & moccasins
with his defacto wearing the traditional floral leggins & short top
with oversized stomach.

THE EVENTS.

100 METRE SPRINT
Competitors will have to hold a VCR under one arm & a microwave under the other. On the sound of the starting pistol, a Police dog will
be released 10 metres behind the athletes.

100 METRE HURDLES
As above with the added obstacles of car bonnets, hedges, garden fences & walls

HAMMER THROW
Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to
use.(claw, sledge, etc) The winner will be the one who can cause the
most grievous bodily harm to members of the public within the
timeframe allowed.

SHOOTING EVENTS
A strong challenge is expected from the men in this event. The first
target will be a moving police vehicle, the second targets will
consist of running bank tellers, video store attendants & 24 hour
service station attendants.

BOXING
Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband & wife teams & will
take place on Friday night. The husband will be given 15 pots of VB at
the local pub followed by a quick peek in a lap-dancing venue. The
wife will be told not to make him any dinner when he gets home. She will be wearing bike pants, boob tube & thongs.

CYCLING
The competitor will attend the nominated City skateboard area where
they will obtain a bicycle stolen from Scotch College or Mentone
Boys Grammar student or Hailbury student. They then will be racing
against the clock. Bonus points will be awarded should a helmet be
obtained at time of theft.

MODERN PENTATHLON
Amended to include Robbery with Violence, Burglary, Unlawful use of a
Motor Vehicle, Arson, and Willful Exposure.

MENS 50KM WALK
Unfortunately this event will have to be cancelled as organisers
cannot guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of
dandenong.

GYMNASTICS
The traditional 4-inch beam will be replaced by the strip of gutter
outside the Dandenong Hotel. This event will commence at closing time.

We expect some extremely difficult dismounts to be performed on the
apparatus. The floor routines will be held directly after this event
at the Dandenong Police Watchhouse.

CLOSING CEREMONY

Entertainment will include the local Torres Straight Islander group
accompanied by local artists well known within the area. The Olympic
flame will be extinguished by some local identities urinating from the
top of the local spire in a cascading effect. The stadium will then
be boarded up before local atheletes & entertainers break into it &
remove all copper piping, light fittings, air conditioners, etc..

Laughing

Last edited by rocketronnie on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:58 am

Foolish, no, downright stupid question, David.

Dane Swan is not a violent criminal with a history of bashing other people on the same team so badly that they have practically no face.

What part of the words "violent", "vicious", "unrepentant" and "criminal" are you having trouble understanding?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:57 am

rocketronnie wrote:
Ah Olympians behaving badly - your taxes at work folks!

Someone forgot to tell D'arcy that Olympians are meant to be high minded types striving for an ideal and the glory of the nation. Laughing

he might do better in the Dandenong 2016 Olympics:

Quote:
Dandenong's making a bid for the 2016 Olympic Games.

In order to increase the likelihood that the successful bidders will
win at least some medals, the competition has been somewhat modified.

However, fierce competition is expected from rival areas such as
Broadmeadows, Morwell, Springvale, Sunshine, Benalla, Moe, Footscray
etc...

OPENING CEREMONY

The Olympic Flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown by a native
of the City wearing traditional flannelette shirt, jeans & moccasins
with his defacto wearing the traditional floral leggins & short top
with oversized stomach.

THE EVENTS.

100 METRE SPRINT
Competitors will have to hold a VCR under one arm & a microwave under the other. On the sound of the starting pistol, a Police dog will
be released 10 metres behind the athletes.

100 METRE HURDLES
As above with the added obstacles of car bonnets, hedges, garden fences & walls

HAMMER THROW
Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to
use.(claw, sledge, etc) The winner will be the one who can cause the
most grievous bodily harm to members of the public within the
timeframe allowed.

SHOOTING EVENTS
A strong challenge is expected from the men in this event. The first
target will be a moving police vehicle, the second targets will
consist of running bank tellers, video store attendants & 24 hour
service station attendants.

BOXING
Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband & wife teams & will
take place on Friday night. The husband will be given 15 pots of VB at
the local pub followed by a quick peek in a lap-dancing venue. The
wife will be told not to make him any dinner when he gets home. She will be wearing bike pants, boob tube & thongs.

CYCLING
The competitor will attend the nominated City skateboard area where
they will obtain a bicycle stolen from Scotch College or Mentone
Boys Grammar student or Hailbury student. They then will be racing
against the clock. Bonus points will be awarded should a helmet be
obtained at time of theft.

MODERN PENTATHLON
Amended to include Robbery with Violence, Burglary, Unlawful use of a
Motor Vehicle, Arson, and Willful Exposure.

MENS 50KM WALK
Unfortunately this event will have to be cancelled as organisers
cannot guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of
dandenong.

GYMNASTICS
The traditional 4-inch beam will be replaced by the strip of gutter
outside the Dandenong Hotel. This event will commence at closing time.

We expect some extremely difficult dismounts to be performed on the
apparatus. The floor routines will be held directly after this event
at the Dandenong Police Watchhouse.

CLOSING CEREMONY

Entertainment will include the local Torres Straight Islander group
accompanied by local artists well known within the area. The Olympic
flame will be extinguished by some local identities urinating from the
top of the local spire in a cascading effect. The stadium will then
be boarded up before local atheletes & entertainers break into it &
remove all copper piping, light fittings, air conditioners, etc..

Laughing

Not bad at all. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Might be safer to watch on TV rather than attend though. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 5 of 25   

Jump to: