Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Northern academies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 pm
Post subject: Northern academiesReply with quote

We are hearing now about the extraordinary resources the northern teams have especially the Suns and Swans in their academy programs. Huge staff numbers, eg suns have 10 hubs through the state all staffed and funded. The suns have 1,000 kids in their academy and a host of all Australians at under 16 coming through.

Now the question must be, given clubs like Collingwood essentially fund this and showing the lunacy at making money for others to benefit, is any of this included in the soft cap?

I think it’s great for Queensland footy and I was a junior coach there for years but I can’t understand how it is legal given we can’t even hire another physio without being penalised and do not the right to do the same thing.

This is going to be a massive problem for the traditional clubs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: