Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

TankingCarlton

Quote:
Classic Carlton tease.

Quote:
Galling

Quote:
Imagine giving up a 42 point lead and losing 54-53

What a joke

Quote:
The slow starts can't be ignored any longer

Quote:
Don’t forget we were 7 goals down

Quote:
Pathetic unorganized rabble

Quote:
We should take no satisfaction from this game.

We are a rubbish club and I don’t see anything better coming.

Quote:
Just totally pissed off. Why? 4 points flower wasted

Quote:
Shattered

Quote:
We are a disgrace. Same bs story

Quote:
How did we lose it?? OMG we were on a roll....so many behinds

Quote:
Same shit...

Quote:
You blokes have had 13 weeks to become better people. Still the same. FFS.

Quote:
ball use entering and inside 50 was amateurish

Quote:
We got what we deserved.

Quote:
Just no killer instinct. Too many guys lost their composure and confidence when we needed it most.

Quote:
Melbourne kicked one goal from early in the 2nd qtr and still won. Never should happen. Not even going to give credit to the comeback as we've seen it way too often. Get the bloody head into the from the first bounce!

Quote:
Fitness - tick

Attitude - shit

That shit attitude is on the coach and the leadership.

Bunch of frauds until they prove they aren't.

Quote:
Huge Tease and part of the script.

Quote:
We are a loser club now with a losing mentality, we are like the anti-clutch team.

“Honourable” losses mean nothing anything

Quote:
Diabolical start costs us again we never will win games giving up 5 goals at the start
Teague if you can’t get them to start properly then let’s get someone who can
Do something you have had 11 weeks and we get a carbon copy of the first match

The fact that we got in a position to win the game is most disappointing
Melbourne shat themselves and we still didn’t capitalise

Quote:
What does it matter really? Two shit teams playing in round two, neither which will figure in September, October or November or Boxing Day.

Quote:
Yep, seen this movie before. Give up a massive start, then get close and pat yourselves on the back for an honorable loss.

Sorry, but this is unacceptable.

Quote:
So very very frustrating. We only have ourselves to blame. We were the better team for 3 quarters. The first quarter was so far off the standard that is acceptable. It’s just so annoying that after 3 months talking about bad starts we go down 33-0 at quarter time. And then the same old story when we have ascendancy: we don’t put it on the scoreboard. Missed easy shots and slow ball movement until the second half. We didn’t actually use the corridor until the second half. Now we’re 0-2 and heading down the highway to Geelong starring down 0-3. Still haven’t won either of our first two games in a season since 2012. It’s just so deflating because everyone knew what was going to do us in (a poor start and not scoring when we have ascendancy) and we let it happen again.

Quote:
I'm too old for this crap. Season after season same old same old. The pressure is on (start of the game, when we get close) we fail to deliver; can't take our chances. Obviously between the ears, but what can be done?

Only one serious injury (am I right?) Winning!

Quote:
We should have won this game by 3-4 Goals easily if it wasn't for our usual Bad start...

Our biggest issue at the Club right now is the Bad Starts ( Regardless of the final score )

Quote:
We need a set shot coach in the post COVID era to teach our players how to kick for goal. I knew as soon as I saw Cripps sprinting in to goal for a set shot he was going to miss. @#$%&! that ffs. It's not that hard.

Quote:
Had opportunities to win
3 goals 5 in the last quarter typical enough to tease

Sick of losing sick of no mental toughness
Walsh and docherty very disappointing disposals

As David reminded me we haven’t won one of the first 2 games in the last 9
FFS give us something give us something different

Quote:
Ability is one thing, attitude is another. Two games, a 50 and 42pts start to go down by small margins, especially today. Not good enough!

Quote:
The last 20 years have taken their toll on me...at no stage did I think we would win.

Quote:
Unacceptable start. Unacceptable goal kicking. Unacceptable lack of composure when the game was there for the taking. They don't know how to win. I fear what Geelong will do to us next week. Flat track bullies who are ruthless to shit teams.

Quote:
When all signs pointed to us running over them and winning, who actually thought we would?

I didn’t. Just knew we would find a way to lose.

Quote:
That was action replay of round 1 against the Tigers and about numerous other games over the last few years (probably more).

The team was not switched on at the start and inevitably that type of lapse gave up the usual 4 goal plus deficit. Then we have periods of the comeback where they show they can play OK footy. But inevitably, fail to nail clutch generally easy goals to stamp some momentum on the game and win.

Its groundhog day at its worse, and I've had a gutful of it.

God help us if we dish up the same against Geelong.....

Quote:
Unfortunately, it’s in our DNA to lose. It’s acceptable but the players don’t know how to win, don’t believe they can and don’t want it enough either.

Quote:
I sat there with my first beer and said to my brother - so how many will we give them at the start - we both laughed, then he said 5 to 0- no...no...try @#$%&! 7!!!!

Quote:
Turned it off at quarter time.
Glad I didn't watch the end.
Same shit just a different year.

Quote:
Missed a big opportunity to kick start our season against a garbage side. We only have ourselves to blame. That first quarter was pathetic and when you dish that up you don’t deserve to win. If we start reasonably (even down a couple of goals at quarter time), we win easy. Can’t see how we beat the Cats next week - they play like a top 2-3 side on that ground. So it will be 0-3. I wanted to be 1-2 heading into games vs Essendon* and St Kilda - who are both no better than us. Would have been a genuine chance at 3-2. From there, we could hang around late into the season and build a platform for making the finals in 2021. Now it will be 0-3 heading for another bottom 4 finish. We can’t keep finishing bottom 4. It’s not good enough. We’re as good as Melbourne, Sydney, North, Essendon*, Freo, Saints and Crows who I think will make up 10-17 on the ladder along with us.

Quote:
as a club we are shit until we work out how to actually play that first quarter!

Quote:
Waiting 5 years for a mature performance from this team -a good start and then grind away and win by 3 or 4 goals
Still not getting it in 2020
When was the last time we went to the footy knowing we would win
When was the last time we beat a really good side
When was the last time you went to the footy and wasn’t apprehensive because you didn’t know whether we would turn up to play or not
Yes we had a couple of Hollywood wins last year but that formula isn’t sustainable and doesn’t take you out of the bottom echelons of the ladder
This team needs to mature in a hurry and it’s coach must take responsibility for that

You continue to let us supporters down

Quote:
After 3 months what do we get in the first first qtr............@#$%&! zero! ZERO! First time since 1951 the first qtr has resulted in zero for us. Then we nearly win, that just shits me even more.

Quote:
In these uncertain times I would like to thank Carlton with providing us with some rare stability in our lives. We are still as crap as last year, (and the year before that), and will once again finish the season with a different coach to the one we started with. Seriously over it.

Quote:
Look at the Suns taking it right up to a team like the Eagles leading by 25 points.

Meanwhile we let a hack team like Melbourne get out to a 42 point lead.

We're an embarrassment sometimes. Really.

Quote:
3 goals 7 from set shots Bondi enough said play think behave like losers
The are LOSERs and they are starting to lose their supporters who have had enough of the insipid way we play and the lack of any grit any mental toughness and the continuing acceptance of losses year after year
The composition of the team changes but nothing else does 9 years in a row not to win the 1 of the first 2 games of the season pitiful
God only knows how we have a record membership after the ineptitude of the last 5 -10 years

Mealy mouthed bulltish forget I don’t want hear from anyone at the club this week shut the hell up and come out talking when you have the guts and character to actually turn up in the first quarter and get us a bloody win
Don’t want to hear gallant fast finishing all this jingoism crap just start performing

Quote:
The club has to figure out where all these poor starts are stemming from.

Maybe we take the players phone and internet away and shove them in a quarantine hotel for a week.

Do we sakc the midfield coach?

These slow starts are killing us.

Never change Carlton... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:05 am

Thanks Jezza! Was looking for this thread. Laughing
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:44 am

The B'lose aren't going that badly. They have only lost 2 games and it's mid June. ha ha
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:18 am

Welcome back old friend, it's been a while!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:48 pm

I wish this was in the main forum. I always forget it’s here.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
The B'lose aren't going that badly. They have only lost 2 games and it's mid June. ha ha

By the time they next play, they will not have won a game for over 10 months. Cool
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Nothing better than seeing Carlton lose after the siren.

TankingCarlton...

Quote:
that hurts. So many moments and chances to ice the game. And we shit the bed once again n in a close one

Quote:
Shit way to lose a game...

Just like the Melbourne game, lack of composure in the last minute(s) cost us dearly... oh what could've been

Quote:
they f&^%ing carried on like they won the grand final

Pissed me off

Quote:
Very tough way to lose. Gray was the only one who could kick that.

Quote:
Was yelling at the TV with a minute or two left, do not kick it to a contest, milk the clock.

Guess I wasn't yelling loud enough.

Quote:
For some reason my AFL app stream on my iPad was ~10 minutes behind.

Saw the final score flash up on my phone... knew we'd blown it and was able to calm myself knowing what was gonna happen...

Not sure I could have handled it otherwise. @#$%&!.

Quote:
Shattering.

Quote:
Driving with my wife. I had to turn the radio off in the last, scared I'd have an accident. Turned radio back on when I knew game was over. I'm getting sick of close games, I'm too old for this.

Quote:
The usual couple of umpire goals to them.

I was convinced we would win when we had possession with 41sec to go. How can you not find a team mate by foot when it comes down to a game of 'keepings off' FFS.

Quote:
Those last 2 minutes need to be titled how to totally stuff it up.

Quote:
Was round 22 1987 the last time a kick after the final siren went our way?

Since then, we had Capper in 89, Ben Dixon Peter Burgoyne and now Gray kick goals after the siren leading us to lose. Have a feeling there may be others too.
Also had Sticks miss everything after the siren in 93.

Quote:
Same. I feel so disappointed. Really low. Maybe I got too high after the win against the Bullies.
Who used talk about not getting too high and not getting too low?

Quote:
Heartbreaker.

We screamed as hard as we could, shook Dixon off 3 goals. If he’d had the kick after the siren at that end, I guarantee we’d have made him choke.

Quote:
So much to like, so much to curse.

Quote:
Gutted. Awful way to lose. Especially if we lacked composure and should of iced it.

Quote:
Shattered. We only need a big man to compete on the wing and it was over

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:12 am

I must admit when Gray was lining up, my mind went straight to this thread
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Surprised it hasn’t been added to after relinquishing a 31-0 start vs the Hawks.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:10 pm

The post we all want to read on Tanking Carlton after the choke today ("season over"):

Quote:
Seasons cooked. It’s all about next year and beyond. Play the kids. Keep TDK in. Play him over Pittonet if Harry comes back. He’s the future. Bring in Dow, let’s get a look at Honey, hopefully Stocker is back soon. We need to keep bringing through youth

Also, here's a good one:

Quote:
Happened in 14 of the last 21 games. Okay so we didn't lose against Geelong and North, but I'd say they were all costly, as they've created a theme that plays on all of our minds and saps confidence. It's at crisis levels now, we have simply become a club that loses.

I think Carlton became "a club that loses" around the start of this century.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:25 pm

I would have preferred Carlton win today against West Coast.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:45 pm

And a few more:

Quote:
I enjoyed Marc with a C taking advantage free kick from a young blokes efforts, shitting his pants, handballing to a bloke under pressure, getting pushed off a tackle like the pocket lint he is, and giving away a goal in that run of 5. Leadership.

Quote:
Heard the half time score when leaving my sons footy. Got home to watch from the middle of the third onwards.

Wish I didn’t bother Mad

Quote:
I wasn't expecting to win but I really want to see the players gutted after another loss. Cripps Murphy Simpson were all smiles with the WCE after the game. I understand these are difficult times & we're all about being positive and everything but seriously why can't they just man up & sulk?? :banghead:

Quote:
I'm seriously hoping Elon Musk accepts my application. On Mars we can start again. Laughing
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:02 pm

127-127 Very Happy

TankingCarlton and BigFooty posts to come...

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Delicious, can't wait!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Ahhh, hello my old friend, oh how I missed thee...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
Page 240 of 274   

Jump to: