Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
If you have a look at their history since, say, 2005, they have had an extraordinary amount of talent pass through their football club and turned it into nothing. The best player they've drafted in that whole period plays for West Coast. I suppose it is possible they'll come good this time but I wouldn't bet on it.

Funny thing you mention 2005

Last night on AFL 360 it was stated since the start of the 2005 season until last week they have won a total of 110 games out of a possible 332 played for a winning percentage under 33%
If that stat doesn't bring a smile to all Pies supporters your hard to please
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:39 pm

Carlton,

drives good men to drugs and ruin

https://www.theage.com.au/national/western-australia/ex-afl-player-yarran-jailed-for-five-years-over-meth-fuelled-crime-spree-20190530-p51sss.html

"His lawyer Terry Dobson told the West Australian District Court on Thursday that his client started taking methylamphetamine when he moved to Melbourne and played for Carlton."

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:26 pm

That's a tragic and awful story. I do not think it has any place in a thread about mocking a football team. I want them all to spud it up on the park for the Blues - but I also want them to have healthy, happy lives in every other respect. Even Wayne Johnston.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:52 pm

I think we've witnessed Bolton's last game as coach.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Pity - his coaching has been masterful.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:45 pm

^ Would be a shame if Bolton's coaching stint is over soon. I'm enjoying it as much as when Mick was wrecking the joint Laughing
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:03 pm

TankingCarlton...

Quote:
Some things are better left unsaid.

Quote:
Uncomfortably numb.

Quote:
Take the entire team back to Princes Park and have them run laps. No one leaves the track until 8:30. Cold showers only.

Quote:
Where's the sack bolton thread, un-$%&king fathomable.
I just don't care anymore. I'm sick to death of this #$&king $h!t

Quote:
Stick a fork in him...

That is all. Just stick a fork in him. Preferably of the pitch variety.

Quote:
We should be kicked out of the AFL.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
I don't feel much anymore tbh. You know the result before every game. The players don't care anymore, and if some do, they are powerless to do much with our terrible game plan.

Even the commentators have stopped bagging us during our games. They're bored shiteless too.

Quote:
I turned off and went to do the supermarket shopping during the second half.

Coles was way more fun.

Quote:
That’s it for me been a member for 23 years they
ain’t getting me again if that clueless
Bolton is there has to be the worst game
plan ever

Quote:
Will the club have the balls to make the obvious move on Bolton ?
I suspect not.

Quote:
Carlton description of day uninspiring, never in the hunt, panic kicks from backline landing in bombers hand

Quote:
I have never seen a worse kicking team.

Quote:
Is this the relegation thread?

Quote:
I had purchased two tickets via “Telstra Thanks” a few weeks back for this game - other half is sidelined with a cold/flu so didn’t want to attend the game. I had the option to attend myself or on-sell the tickets to someone that may have wanted to sit on the wing on Level 4, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I’m glad I wasn’t there to witness this sh!tshow in person.

I’m actually embarrassed to be a supporter of this club - even when watching the game the white line fever of my youth is no longer present and there isn’t that emotional connection to support anymore.

Best of luck to the marketing team at the club trying to sell hope to the masses.

Quote:
we kicked 3 points in a half of footy....

green shoots.....

i will still buy a membership next year, as its cheaper than buying the international watchtv package...

but this club can go and get.....

Quote:
Wasted another cold Sunday afternoon at the G supporting a team you know won’t win and can’t wont and do not play at any stage attractive footy
Very soul destroying

Quote:
33 points against a pretty ordinary side today.

Quote:
Can't think of a coach with a similar record who has survived for this long

There's being patient and seeing progress

And then there's Bolton who has masqueraded as a senior coach and hidden behind management speak with no results

Carlton fans have been fooled again

To be fair, it isn't hard to fool them Laughing

Quote:
the never ending losses are destroying them as a group. You can see it on the park....they know they'll lose. It's a loop that won't be broken just by getting games into them. Forget about history, we need to move forward and fast, or we die as a club.

Quote:
Bolts said that cripps played a sacrificial role today, with a view to bringing other mids into the game. would love to know what it was.

Kinda wondering if they genuinely care about winning.

I’m so confused by this club.

We trade our first pick and then seem to be writing the year off at round 11.

Quote:
I, Teddy Hopkins have worked out BBs game plan.

The No.1 pick has been given away, yes.

A plan has been devised so give the impression the team is so woeful that it is absolutely imperative that the blues get a priority pick at the beginning of the 1st round thus trumping the pick they have given away t the crows.

Genius, yes.

Quote:
Sacking the guy after giving him FOUR years is NOT old Carlton ffs!

It’s done. It’s time to go and get over this stupid complex we have of not wanting to look like “old Carlton”.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:10 pm

BigFooty (Carlton)...

Quote:
Just when I think we can't go any lower.

Quote:
Not even interested in venting....rinse and repeat

Quote:
Our midfield is the worst of all time.

Quote:
Switched it off at half time for the third game in a row. Stocker looked good again but the club is well and truly ******.

Quote:
What’s happened to us? All these good draft picks and none are performing, or at least performing together. Cripps our lone hand in the midfield.

Age and experience is not an excuse.

Quote:
The worst team I have ever seen.

Quote:
The coaching panel needs to completely go, have defended Bolton but the whole group has to go.

The List Management has been an overrated, overhyped shitheap of a couple of decent kids and the rest are not footballers. There is no point of this club even having a recruiter at this point, just an AFL conscription bucket were careers go to die.

Players can all **** off. I am sick of the lot of them.

Board can **** off. 20 plus years of the same ineptiude with a occasional face change.

The Carlton Football Club is dead. Not worth investing any money or time on.

They did it to themselves.

Quote:
Footy really sucks at the moment.

Quote:
Sack him.

Quote:
Not good enough.

Quote:
Lowest score Essendon conceded in 30 years.

Quote:
We have literally nothing going for us

Quote:
So this is what rock bottom feels like.

Quote:
Can't even get up against the old enemy any more. We're soulless

Quote:
The team has lost its soul.

Quote:
It’ll be interesting if two AFL coaches are gone in as many weeks but one things for sure - Bolton and his band of misfits who don’t know how to run a footy team cannot survive the year unless they go on a 6 game winning streak or something incredible.

Nothing to be said about the game itself. One of the worst games of footy I’ve ever been to. Spent the entire second half in the dining room staying warm and eating way too many snacks than a nutritionist would declare healthy.

Quote:
I give up. I'm a broken man. The once great and mighty Carlton Football Club is a rotting, festering corpse.

I simply can't see how we can resurrect this team to even be remotely competitive.

I'm not sad or angry either, just empty and hollow. It's all over.

Quote:
Are we at rock bottom yet??

Quote:
At least today we had a team of non-drinkers, we don't need the hardness of Mitch Robinson, the flair and pace of Eddie and jeffy or the experience of daisy. It went to hell when the media forced us to offload Fev and we listened.

Quote:
That was yuck

Quote:
This list needs another coach !!

Quote:
Bolton has to go we are going backwards & game plan is terrible.

Quote:
What can you say. We are a listless, passionless, hopeless football team. We are led by a coach who doesn't know how to coach. We have a bevvy of talented youngsters, many of whom have either gone backwards or not progressed at all. We have a captain who tries his heart out but may be one more shocking team performance from getting on the first plane to Perth. There is no defending pur position right now, we are the worst team in the league by a long long way. There needs to be a change.

Quote:
That was pure shyte

Quote:
Each week we get worse.

We are BEYOND pathetic.

Coaches position is now untenable.

Brad Scott come on down.

Quote:
My experience with the Norovirus Friday and Saturday was more pleasant than watching that rubbish.

Quote:
2 hours of my life that I will never get back.

Enough.

See you all when we get a new coach and some players with some self respect.

Quote:
**** it!

Quote:
I'd take Brad Scott over bolts at the moment ... and that makes me sick!

Quote:
I wish I didnt care so much. But I probably care too much. I wonder how much happier a person I would be if we could just win a few games.

I’ve been backing bolts all year. But now I’m not so sure. Surely this can’t be all coaching related though!?

I dunno. I ******* hate essendon

Quote:
If Brad Scott is the answer then the question is giving me nightmares.

But that’s how **** we are. Because under Scott we might win a handful of games a year. As compared to 1.

Quote:
Carlton... where football talent comes to die :'(

Very true Laughing

Quote:
Players need just as much of a flogging as everyone else.

Can't kick, can't tackle, can't do anything really.

At this rate it would be better to close the doors. It will never get better.

Quote:
Players have dropped their bundle no urgency whatsoever now, tried hard till about rd7 couldn't get the wins its now too hard .
Forwardline disconnection im now convinced is mostly coming about through lazy lazy forwards not presenting and a coach putting players behind the ball the amount of intercept marks by * in our forward half was insane today .
Another 2 of these games and I think Bolton is done and should be .

Quote:
Exactly what I expected.
There is something not right in these players heads. The fact they are young and not big enough can't explain all of it.
Too many losses taking its toll and as always someone has to pay the price.
I mean the standard of football was deplorable.
Why pick Fasolo then dish up that tortoise race into the forward line

Quote:
S O U L L E S S
O
U
L
L
E
S
S

Quote:
2 goal less quarters of football. Absolutely disgusting.

How Fasolo got a game is behind me, hasn’t been near it in the seconds.

Quote:
Sadly, sacking Bolton will be just another bandaid fix. I call for an independent audit and review of every facet of this once proud club.

Quote:
Just awful. No effort, no game plan, nothing.

We have nothing left as a club. Essentially 3 games clear in last spot, traded our first and second picks away this year, and the list is even just as bleak as it was 4 years ago. We could delist 20 players this year who wouldn’t be picked up elsewhere. Unbelievable

Quote:
No sign of a game plan any different to Malthouses one, no sign of an ability to make changes during a game, no sign of life from the coaches box full stop. Sack Bolton, allow him to stay as an assistant if willing, sack barker, make doc our coach for the remainder of the year.

Also weekend was good odn, sick of heading into the work week so depressed every week though.

Quote:
I’ve been a Bolts defender up until 45 mins ago... this is rock bottom

Quote:
Sorry guys, I just blinked on Bolton.
He’s done.
The Board will make the decision this week.
It is time to clear the decks and look toward 2020.

Quote:
I understand that progress takes time, young team, injuries etc but more and more am starting to wonder if we need a clean up from the top down.

I like Bolts.

I also like KFC. Just because I like it doesn't mean that it is good for me.

I am starting to think the same could be said for Bolts.

Quote:
I hope you all can see now what I have been seeing for years.

This is the worst list in AFL history and it is all backed up with solid facts and data.The coaching quality is equal to the list quality.

Misfits and rejects nabbed out of desperation when there were almost certainly better alternatives available.

Anybody you dares to argue with me needs a straight jacket.

Put your navy blue coloured glasses in the bin and get a full dose of reality.
I can't watch this crap any longer.

Maybe the club could seek out Monsanto as a new sponsor and run out with a Roundup insignia on its jumpers.

I've loved this club for over 50 years and was lucky enough to live through our golden era. I've been patient as we have all been asked to be, but there comes a time and like the club I am cooked!

Quote:
If other members come to troll or knock us then we should accept it as it’s all true... the team doesn’t deserve the members and supporters to defend them on the last 3 weeks of effort.

Quote:
“We will strongly challenge the areas where we need to improve and also acknowledge the things that we did well.” It’s working a treat. Keep up the good work.

No consequences, just more talk.

In the future I’ll be checking the result before wasting my time watching any more of these disappointing losses.

Quote:
Anyone who is pro-Bolton clearly doesn’t watch enough footy.

HE CAN’T COACH.

Quote:
We should possibly look to give a pay rise to the poor sod who runs the CFC Facebook page. Must be hard trying to pick something positive to say on the gameday posts each week.

Quote:
Something is rotten at Carlton

Quote:
I watched my beloved football team again be the practice team of the AFL.....we might as well be wearing fluro to at least make it a little easier for the teams we play....bring back the ugly blue M&M oufit, we dont want opposition teams to get injured lol

Quote:
I now know what it feels like to be a Tigers supporter prior to 2017. #eco

Quote:
That was a real coach killer of a game. No heart, can get a lack of experience, but no heart is untenable. Got a sneaking suspicion that there will be a mid season review, Robert Walls will have a big say and the coach will be replaced during the bye. I could be completely wrong but with the combination of pressure from the media, the board, the supporter base and the fact that Brad Scott jumped very early does pry open the door of an earlier than expected upheaval.

Quote:
Im convinced Bolts just hasnt got it after today, (i love his unity approach but that doesnt win games)all our coaches probably bar the defensive coach.... theres no connection with the fwds, our clearance setup is amicable, heppel and mcgrath consistently unmanned at stoppages.... our development and skill set is non existent. As a supporter im lost at the moment.

Quote:
Well, i think ill focus the tac cup for the rest of the year in preparation for us having pick 1.

Unless theres something ive missed.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Unfortunately I have also lost any faith that the coaching panel - all of them- have any idea how to rectify things. The only solution is another reset, but this time starting with the head coach.

I'm sorry Brendon. You seem like a lovely bloke, but you need a different profession. Please do the right thing and resign while you still have some dignity.

Quote:
Coaching panel should go now. SOS should go if the next group of coaches can’t do anything with these players. (Likely Result)

Quote:
Couldn’t ascertain what our game plan was today.

If anyone else was at the game today, who managed to work out what we were trying to do, could you please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Quote:
The club has plenty of cap space ... but no self respecting free or pre agent would take the chance of potentially burning up to 3 or 4 yrs. of their footy career on non finals footy by signing on the dotted line to play for the 'once mighty' Blues.

IMHO the only viable option the club has is to find a head coach with a new game plan with some scoring strategies and a new group of development coaches and to stick with their draft picks and hope like hell, Cripps doesn't get a case of too over whelming home sickness.

Quote:
Just numb now, feel nothing when we loose. Just expect it.
Copping **** off mates who are Saints fans, saying we should be in the VFL, dragging down the league.
Tend to agree with them atm.

Quote:
The whole coaches box needs a broom swept through it. Boardroom too....

Quote:
The nightmare just continues, bolts needs to go.

Quote:
How does that membership team sell the club with this rabble.

Quote:
Teams have worked out how to contain Crippa, just tag him closely. Either that, or he's had enough shouldering this disorganised team. There appears to be an incomprehensible game plan, and no team work or sharing, an insufficient desire to win the ball. Four goals in a full game of afl football is absolutely pathetic. Most of these players are 1st rounders and not being developef properly. Bolton and his assistant coaches, have to be made accountable. As a supporter for over 50 years, witnessing 8 flags, I'm almost done.

Quote:
I still had faith up until the North game. Now I am just horrified by what the team is producing on game day.

It's obvious that The coaches have no idea and have totally lost out young playing group. In doing so sapping all confidence from them.
They are like little kids waiting for an adult to save them from a nightmare.

Cripps is shattered, Murphy has been broken for years and Gibbs who we thought was a star is getting dropped at Adelaide (just shows how S#!t we've been)

We are so far from AFL standard it's not funny.

I blame the coaching group and not SOS who I believe has brought in enough talent. Yes he took some salary dumps also but the Talent is there.
The Coaching group has absolutely ruined these young kids dreams of playing AFL.
These should be the best years of their lives instead they probably go home after each game feeling depressed and anxious and second guessing themselves and their ability.

Absolutely shattered here. I grew up in Brunswick and would walk to Princess park as a kid to watch SOS, Sticks, Hannah, Brown etc play and loved it thinking the Blues would be the mightiest team forever.

My 5 year old son asks me every weekend why i am so angry, and now he just asks if Carlton is playing.
I have realised that Football no longer brings me Joy, only anger and I don't want my family being exposed to that.
Right now the Carlton football club has taken something which i loved and destroyed it. I don't think I can pay for another membership next year, not for what they dish up.

Quote:
I have a box set of dvds of some of our premierships. I can’t even watch them, it makes me sick knowing where we are today.

Quote:
Nothing to say about the game, we all saw it and the result speaks for itself. But surely the leaders of our club can see where we are at this point: rebuild or not we are at rock bottom and the coach can’t lift us out of this. The players have stopped listening and believing. No point hoping for change, decisive leadership change has to happen immediately.

Quote:
We are just a broken club.

Quote:
We’re a disgrace

Quote:
I honestly don't know what to write. We've shown so much yet progressed so little this season that it's infuriating. Today is the straw that broke the camel's back. Football died a bit inside me today. I can't keep doing this week in week out. I am sick of waiting for the tide to turn. I know it eventually will and we'll be okay, but right now it seems years away. Bolton is done. He is not the man to lead this club into the future, we've gone backwards, I've never seen our skills so deplorable. Today reeks of Ratten vs Gold Coast, a half-baked team that we should be beating.

No heart, no idea, no anything.

Quote:
Unfortunately can't see Bolton making it past the bye, it was crystal clear when we came out at half time flatter than we went in we were in big trouble. Don't think Bolton is the only issue. List management and board have to be questioned.

Quote:
I’ve been a defender of Bolts, but I’m losing faith. I don’t even know if he is the problem. Not sure what the club needs to do. I’m sure everyone is just sick of losing. It’s been a long time since I’ve actually enjoyed footy.

Quote:
Barker has been there a long time and all of it bad.

Quote:
Too young and too ****

Quote:
I think Bolton was a good Assistant to Clarkson (an angry little campaigner) and was the nice bloke to the players who could let their feelings be shared with where as Clarkson the rough take no **** who set and demanded full buy in and ruthlessness.

Bolton was Clarkson's Ying to his Yang we need the same ruthless demand of for our next coach and get some respect back in the place.

You want to spend up Carlton board and get success get straight on the phone to Clarkson (Clarkson type) and throw the ******* cheque book at him/them and get someone to be the nice guy to his/their ruthlessness .

The Time for action is now this club is a basket case and needs to be turned upside down and given a big sweep through and take the dead wood out.

Time to get people back into the club who aren't afraid to stand up to the AFL as well as we have been the softest roll over and accept all their ******** since Ian Collins bent over and took the fat one from the campaigners!

Time to change.
Because that soulless effort today is just not ******* on at any level of football let alone a once mighty club who were revered and now are an absolute joke.

**** I'm Angry 20 years since the AFL ****** us and we still use that as an excuse time to learn and move on become a force again.

GO BLUES!

Quote:
Pathetic Sad

That’s all I have.

Quote:
Seeing the way Cripps has been playing the last few weeks, is just so heartbreaking. He doesn't care anymore, i don't blame him.

I've lost interest, i don't even care if bolts stays as coach or not, not like it will change anything.

Quote:
If the club sacks Bolts and keeps Barker, I'm pretty much done!

I believe that Barker is the worst coach in the AFL. Every single job he has had as an assistant coach, he has basically been a failure at... but we have kept him on the books for the last 8 years. Why? We've pretty much cleaned out the assistant coachs whenever we got in a new coach since we sacked Ratts... but Barker has kept his job... I want to know why?

Forwards coach: failure
Defensive coach: failure
Midfield coach: failure
Stoppages coach: failure
Head of high performance and strategy: failure
Stoppages coach (again): so far, so bad.

Our mids this year, again, have gone backwards.

As for Cam Bruce, why did we even hire him if he is allowing Barker to coach the midfielders.

You see Barker in the box next to Bolton... why? He'd surely be better served to the club to be down on the boundary line yelling instructions to his charges in the middle or at ball up's or throw ins. Walls is supposed to be advising Bolts on match day... so why is Barker still in there doing that job as well?

Either he is the biggest brown-noser ever... or he has pictures of Mathieson shagging a goat!

Quote:
I feel for a youth like Walsh, regretting being a top pick and ending up at Carlton, imagine what he is thinking?

Quote:
The team is not bereft is talent.

This should be an 8 win team this year. We should have beaten GC, Saints and *. Heck * had their VFL team in today.

Team appears to have lost faith and confidence for the 2nd year in a row.

2016/2017 with Neil Craig was not like this.

Bolts is cooked.

Quote:
Sometimes, I just wish the mods would go AWOL for a while and let us call it exactly how it should be called!
That was one of the worst efforts I have ever seen from a Carlton side.
Thank God it rained, that's about all you can say.
Forget the byes, Bolton should never coach another Carlton game.
His lack of a game plan and structure that suits the modern game is absolutely killing this list. If he is not gone soon then we will face a player exodus.
Really numb from the lack of effort.

Quote:
People that are saying we have never been worse have a short memory. I remember a starting midfield in the early noughties being hotton, plunkett, hulme and Macdonald going up against Rehn, riccuito, liptak and McLeod at the first bounce.

Quote:
This feels like how it felt when Malthouse was on his way out... i think it was that game against Collingwood when he broke the coaching record and we played awful. Was really hopeful when we appointed Bolton and still think he could come be a fantastic senior coach for us but for some strange reason just don't think he has the ability to get us out of the position we're in now so will never get the chance. The biggest issue still appears to be gameplan and structure.

Quote:
Would’ve loved to have been a fly on the wall in the rooms after the game.

Quote:
This is the worst performing Carlton team I've seen, others may have had less talent, but this group is so far from what is required to be successful its painful to watch. And in the likely event of a coaching change. The next coach has a lot of work to do in rebuilding the players ability to get to the level required.

Quote:
Sadly I actual feel numb and don't care anymore. I will still watch the blues but I don't know where to begin. How can our list be so inept? We're at ground zero.

Quote:
I did something I’ve never done before. I threw my membership out the window on the drive home. But.....it was last years one, cause I’m just so stupid that I’ll keep going to games this year no matter how bad we are.

Quote:

From the best club in AFL history to to the worst in modern time
No game plan, no accountability, no care, no guts, no skills, no ferocity

Sorry but thought there might have been some "green shoots" early in the season but the drought has hit - they are brown & died (to get thrashed by a below reserve grade Essendon team with poor skills is the bottom of the barrel)

New coach needed (one that wont accept below mediocrity), get rid of the rubbish (& there is a lot) & rebuild (again)

So sad

Quote:
The big concern now is player retention. Watch other clubs start swooping.

Quote:
We're not particularly good are we ?

Quote:
I’ve been a big Bolton fan and definitely like how he had initial cleared a lot of the toxic culture around the place. Having said that I can’t see how he is around past this year, even after the bye if we don’t pick up a win.

For next year, we might need to go the Gold Coast route and pick up a bunch of cheapies to make us competitive. The club both on field and off field can’t sustain the last two years and it can’t be good for development getting smashed week in week out. VERY soon we are going to have a player retention issue.

I’m not too worry about swapping our #1 draft pick, because surely we will get a #2 priority pick this year. We are the worst side in the league by a very, very long way and the rule was brought in for this reason.

I definitely wouldn’t put my hand up if I was an aspiring coach, we are where coaching careers go to die. That said, we need to pay overs if need be to get some decent assistants in. Teague was a good get, need more.

All in all, I’m sure eventually it’ll turn but I can’t see it happening very soon. I’m incredibly concerned Cripps will leave which means our midfield will be disasterous.

I’ve been critical of the club panicking and getting rid of coaches and I really want Bolton to work - but if we don’t win next week or lose in a big way I think we need to release the pressure valve....

Thinking about all the other poor tortured Carlton supporting souls

Quote:
Well that was pathetic. I'm tipping Bolton be gone at the bye. This can't continue and players aren't playing for him. Otherwise he just plainly can't coach.

Quote:
What the **** is going on?
Essendon were pretty **** today as I expected. Nothing special at all.
I tipped us :$
They were there for the taking and we offered up that performance. A 41 point loss is extremely disheartening and the manner in which it unfolded was shocking.

Quote:
Even more media and ex players will be ripping into our rotting corpse this week. Caro, Hutchy, Barrett etc will be feasting on whats left this week.

Quote:
In April 2017, we can all no doubt recall that under Bolts we beat the Bummers at the ‘G in seriously wet conditions. It was a heartwarming performance, in which we showed a better will to win and a far superior intensity than our opponent, and in which we adapted very well to the wet weather conditions. The contrast to today’s non-performance could hardly have been more stark. Ffs, we have just endured two goalless quarters and gifted * it’s lowest score against since 1989 (if I heard the commentators correctly - I may not have, because tbh I was pretty much catatonic by then).

Quote:
This team would make any coach cry, it was really bottom of the barrel for us today. Still, poor disposal, no intensity or composure and a lack of cohesion is alarming.

Quote:
I AM SO SICK OF LOSING!!! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! Sad

Quote:
Just saw we have won 4 games in the last 44. Fitzroy won 3 games in their last 44 games ever. Says alot of where this club is at and why us supporters are so pissed off

Quote:
Bolton position is untenable now, but I'd rather they coach themselves than have Barker as caretaker...

Quote:
I was sitting a few metres from our bench today and it was interesting to monitor the body language and expressions on players faces during the day.

Most just came on and off like robots.

Only few I remember showing a bit of emotion were Cripps, Levi and Ed.
Though Ed just looked dejected.

Quote:
So according to our coach, we’re building resilience. Can we build a ******* game plan and a winning culture instead? FMD

Quote:
What if we've all been too gullible?

What if we've been sticking fat with the positive guy talking green shoots, when in actual fact he can't coach for ****?

What a waste of time for all involved.

Quote:
I was at the game today. I had to endure the cold change that came through before half time.

I watched a team bereft of confidence. The ‘outside noise’ has smashed down the walls and we’re seeing a team that’s not willing to take a risk to get a result.

Good luck if you think sacking the coach is the solution. I think these players are struck with fear at the thought of the coach getting the arse.

This is the list that is the foundation of future success. Blink and it’s all gone.

Quote:
Did Bolton really say the effort was there today in the press conference? I can't bring myself to watch it in the fear I will lose my ****

Quote:
Just listened to the presser and I am astounded that the "plan" rhetoric is religiously trotted outcome and again. How long is this plan? Does it involve destroying the souls of a few warrior players and an entire supporter base? I don't see improvement over the last three seasons other than in isolated, personal circumstances. We are not defined by pressure. Our skill and level is poor and our future has been directly connected to a well spoken gentlemen who seems to have a lost the group. Classic example of a qualified coach n or a footy brain. Lifetime assistant for mine who should consider stepping aside by years end.

I want to to stick fat and pony up the membership again but, I'm not bought into the message. Call me negative or a basher or whatever you like. I can't watch this rubbish week after week.

Sorry Bnluebaggers, today is yet another sad day for the club that has to be demoralizing for these kids. The fact that this plan failed to account for some mature leaders and bodies to protect these kids is one of many failings. If I was could a be top end pick for 2020 I would be thanking SOS and Liam Stocker, who has been good, at every opportunity.

As far as trades go, who would come to this mess? The Carlton legacy of bygone eras is gone and we are left with this weekly debacle.

Rant over! Bex is kicking in.

Quote:
I feel ashamed to say this, but at 3/4 time I said to my missus I'd rather get thrashed than have another honourable loss, only for the pure fact to force pressure on the club hierarchy to instigate an investigation and/or review of the rebuild's current lack of success. 😞

Quote:
If they sack Bolton, then Judd, SOS, LoGiudice all have to go with him.

Quote:
One thing that pissed me off today, Stocker gets the desperation smother, gathers the ball, delivers inside 50 to Harry. When a young player does stuff like that, get the **** around him! But no, only one player gave him a high 5 and thats it. That to me is a sign of the players not invested in this game, the coach and the club.

Quote:
This team is bereft of confidence .... I have stuck with Bolton all this time and thought the club needs to stick fat but he has lost the players.

Daisays episode and today confirmed that for me.

Quote:
It’s over. We are cooked, I’m just stunned that Bolts can keep a straight face in the presser. Perversely impressive in terms of the depth of his delusion. The bye will be when the axe is swung. I hate to say it but we are a rabble. It just makes me sad to see our great club dragged through this humiliation over and over. It is indefensible and a shameful. I will always be a blue boy ALWAYS, but this sh*t.must stop now.

Quote:
Watched it with a bunch of Essendon fans. They were just laughing at our complete lack of system and cohesion.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Thank you for the laughs Carlton Laughing

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 am

The President was to be meeting with the Marketing Dept this morning at 8:30am but cancelled the meeting.

Might have more pressing issues on his plate. Could this be the beginning of the end for Bolton.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Carlton’s bolt-on coach has been sacked. That’s a shame as I was looking forward to more Bolton-led lols this year and next.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Another one bites the dust at Carlton with Brendon Bolton being sacked after 3.5 seasons in charge.

TankingCarlton... Twisted Evil

Quote:
Get the champagne ready guys. Looks like your wish is about to be granted.

Quote:
We need hope.

Quote:
Happy 30th anniversary Wallsy!

Quote:
https://twitter.com/anthonyjpratt2/status/1135335963373084672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1135335963373084672&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talkingcarlton.com%2FphpBB3%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D34977%26start%3D6500

Leigh Matthews? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
I feel a lot lighter today.
Happy almost.
Thank God this appalling reign is almost over. I really believe our young players will have gained a lot from Bolts in many areas. We should have engaged him as young talent mentor. Too late for speculating now though. We need a very different kind of coach.

Quote:
I bought in with Pagan.
I coped with Ratts.
I even bought in with Malthouse at the start.
And I definitely bought in with Bolton.

The best footy we've played in that time was with Ratts, so clearly, footy (and following Carlton) is not a rational thing, and as I've said elsewhere…

…we just need hope.

If not through sakcing Bolton, then what, how else can we be given hope?

I don't like it when coaches lose their jobs, especially when Bolts does seem like a good guy, but no player, no person, is bigger than the club and right now the club is putrid.

The first few weeks were okay, our percentage was much healthier than previous years, but the last few weeks have been as bad as anything else we've seen.

It @#$%&! stinks.

Quote:
Whoever we get, can we please for once invest in some assistants with some decent pedigree. Not the Shane Watson's and John Barker's of the world.

St Kilda brought in Ratten and in my opinion have over-achieved since.
Collingwood have Harvey, Hocking, Sanderson, etc.
We have Barker, Watson, Amos.....

Is it just coincidence we've gone backwards since Neil Craig departed?

Quote:
For the love of all things holy, please do not make Barker our interim coach. He needs to go with Bolts.

Quote:
Try having a birthday today Crying or Very sad

Another one ruined by the club.

Care too much. Brings nothing but misery.

Wish I could turn it off and pretend I didn’t care. Have tried in the past, unsuccessfully.

More dark days ahead.

Quote:
Press conference at 2 pm today.

Can say now I was informed that an ex player was told by players about the innevitable change.

Players were told after the game yesterday there would be change.

The players knew what the change is.

That's all I'm saying.

Pretty obvious.

Quote:
When Bolton goes, we will have to come up with a new excuse when we lose evey week.

Quote:
He was defined by wins and losses.

Clearly a good person unlike the last arsehole. I wish him well. But he just didn’t develop as a coach. And if he didn’t develop the players can’t either.

Quote:
#bringbackmalthouse

Quote:
Gone.

Quote:
Since 2000

Parkin
Brittain
Pagan
Ratten
Malthouse
Baker (caretaker)
Bolton

5 coaches since Parkin and a caretaker coach - all since salary cap cheating...

we really never did recover...

Quote:
When is the list manager getting sacked?

Quote:
Call me slightly out of fashion and a romantic fool but maybe we should apologies to Ratts and bring him home.

Quote:
Does this mean Wallsy can now go back to his chateaux in France?

Quote:
Footy Classified will be compulsory viewing tonight if Judd doesn't take the week off.

Quote:
he undoubtedly had to go, but i would have liked to see him coach without John Barker as part of the coaching panel. how Barker has lasted so long, despite our appalling record is beyond me. If he's there next year i'll do a Terry Wallace and spew up!!

Quote:
He was in charge, awful awful coaching record.

Quote:
Most of you get your wish
Like a new relationship there will be a spike in performance

Then it will be shit again

The Fish Rot from the Head

Quote:
Don’t forget
Because of our esteemed list managers performance in last
years draft the new head coach will pretty much the same fantastic list
Of champions at his disposal
Let’s see how he goes

Quote:
I thought Parko had had his time.

Brittain was approved by Parko, good enough for me.

I was horrified at Brittain's subsequent sacking and Pagan getting the gig. Couldn't believe it when Pagan's contract was extended either.

While Rats was one of my favourite players, I felt he was way too green to be our senior coach. Something he has recently admitted.

I was all for Malthouse, just the guy to take us forward after the inexperienced Rats.

All for Bolts too, just the guy at the time to teach our young kids.

I haven't got a very good strike rate have I? So, who next?

Quote:
I just can't fathom how people are shocked/disappointed by this. If anything, it's well overdue ffs look at his record.

Quote:
For sh1ts and giggles we should interview Turd, make out like he's getting the job and announce Ratts at last minute! Smile

Quote:
Thanks for your service Bolts, wish it could have been different.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the coaches of Carlton...

Quote:
First question for Juddy tonight must be how does JB keep his job? He's the stoppage coach and we've been pantsed in that department.

Quote:
Tough gig for Bolts that presser, did well. Waffles a lot, but held it together....just.

Quote:
MLG is so unimpressive

Quote:
Feel even more awful for him watching him in the press conference

Quote:
I feel sad that it’s come to this. Have been a big believer in Bolts and was convinced he was moving this club in the right direction.

The past 18 mths have been challenging and I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. But sadly, somethings not quite right and things have to change.

I think he’s been a fantastic role model for our youngsters. Maybe that wasn’t allowing him to be as authoritative as he should.

Let’s hope we get someone that can move this club forward, and start developing our players and get us excited once again.

Jeebus knows we could all do with that.

Quote:
About time, bye bye Bolton.
Might be a nice guy but he was defiantly a crap coach.

Looking forward to a coach that uses the team to its strength, if not get rid of him also. No more defensive slow crap we have a making of a good attacking skill set team. Start with that and then instill the rest. Let the kids play first then add the coaching. Very Happy

I trust the clubs direction and process

Trust a club that's $%$ed everything up for 20 years? Laughing

Quote:
Over this shit.

I was prepared to give Bolton a pass based on last year's injuries, but this year there is no excuse, and this had to happen unfortunately.

We'll never know all of the machinations behind closed doors, but if this doesn't light a fire under the collective arse of our playing group I don't know what will.

Good luck Bolts, and sorry it couldn't work out. Hopefully you'll get to see this team you've nurtured rise to the top one day.

Quote:
Class act Brendon Bolton.

Not sure what they hope to gain from appointing Teague for the remainder of the season - I personally don't think he's up to it, but he's an interim and nothing more and that's being made very clear. I do hope they put games into the likes of Cottrell and Polson and allow these boys to play their natural game (which is why they were recruited in the first place).

So...onto 2020...which will be the next time I attend a game!

Quote:
Compare BB's exit to MM's.

MM's was so much fun to watch Laughing

Quote:
Compare BB's exit to MM's.

Quote:
And if we finish the year with only one win ?

Was it the coach or do we have a players culture issue ?

Quote:
That Essendon* delivered the coup de grace makes it all the more galling.

Quote:
Just saw Deluca on screen. Interesting induction.

Quote:
Meanwhile, MlG could barely string three words together. I know for absolute fact he's better when the cameras are off (his family were in business for many years with my old-man's family... and he does know how to get deals done)... but sweet merciful crap, get him some media training or get him (read: keep him) away from the lens.

Quote:
Mitch McGovern stays on the line against GC and we kick those goals in the last qtr against the Hawks and Bolton may have been allowed to stick around. Ifs and buts. Winning is all that matters.

Maybe those two losses have saved us a lot of wasted time.

Think it’s the right call though. We have stagnated .... while coming last.

Quote:
I don’t think this is all doom and gloom, I’ll try and be half glass full (as a surprise to many here) and say that this has the potential to be like the Brendan Macartney / Luke Beveridge transition at the Western Bulldogs.

Quote:
Character was not the knock on Bolton. Gave his all. Did not work

Quote:
Would you rather coach Carlton or be PM of Australia?

Quote:
I didn't see the presser, but if he legit said 'it's about wins/losses' he's in serious denial. This team was more dysfunctional than Pagan's Dad's Army team of 2003/4.

Quote:
It had to happen - he was given plenty of time

Quote:
Unfortunatley he had to go, now we get someone in that will call out the limp wristed players who threw him under the bus.

Spineless lot, who need a kick up the arse!! They need to take allot of the responsibility for the performances and the coaches sacking!!

And they can forget the crocodile tears, they were spineless!!

Quote:
Brett Bratton

Quote:
Quality person and it's a shame it ended this way

I will miss the heart tugging speeches the club released from time to time

Looks like the playing group respected him and will be interesting how they move on from here...

Quote:
What a classy exit from Bolton ... a far cry from the Madhouse exit.

Brett Ratten ... come on down!

Quote:
I would suggest we constantly keep blaming the Coach and the assistants, but it is the excuse we have been using for the last 20 years!! SOS needs to be put under the hammer for picking players with a history of injury problems and no heart!! Our president and board need there arses kicked as well!!

Quote:
I’m sorry it ended this way, but something had to give.

Quote:
MLG is human.

He sacked a person who everyone agrees is a really great guy.

MLG has feelings, he knows BB is a good person, he also sat there and delivered an outcome which many on here had been calling for and indeed celebrated as it became clear it was about to happen.

MLG has been highly successful for the Blues. He may be poor in the media but he fronted the presser today and delivered a tough message.

Poor form to bag a leader who wasn't perfectly eloquent in delivering the news of having sacked a genuinely nice person.

As for people saying he didn't pump BB up enough, he would have been pilloried as being fake if he'd praised BB too much whilst sacking him for failing to deliver.

Quote:
Max Laughton
‏Verified account @maxlaughton
3h3 hours ago

I don't understand the core premise of Bolton's sacking.

If the whole club still believes in the long-term strategy, which is to go to the draft and then rebuild, why does their win-loss record right now (especially given injuries ie Docherty) matter?

Also: If you're going to be bad, there isn't THAT much difference between being 1-10 right now and being 3-8. That's what Gold Coast is with an equally bad or worse list. Natural variability determines wins and losses sometimes. Bolton would still be there if they were 3-8 right?

Quote:
When it's all said and done, the decision made today was a fair one. There was nothing ruthless about it.
It was fair to Brendon and fair for the club to do it.

Quote:
The shortcomings are in List Management but the President is not going to point the finger at one of his best mates.

Quote:
Up until the north game I would say he was quite safe. Almost on the verge of stringing some good wins. Then from one game all the positivity disappeared.

Quote:
He was gone at the Gold Coast game the club gave him every chance to turn this around but his coaching methods have stifled the players strengths and why they were recruited in the first place.
56 list changes - that means 112 players are Shiite. I find this hard to believe.

I am not expecting a dead coach bounce. He nearly destroyed Weitering, simply refused to select McKay until he was dragged kicking and screaming to the table. Who ever comes in has a monumental job just getting this young group playing to their strengths that brought them to the club in the first place

Quote:
Liked Bolton and thought he was class (as evidenced by his exit )
Probably 2 goals more in 3 games and we would be saying we are about where we want to be and Bolts would be praised for his efforts.

Having said that I am fed up with losing and maybe those 2 extra goals just needed a coaching shift.

I have no confidence that changing the coach will do anything but hopeful that something will shift.

I wish the man good fortune!

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Watched all the footy shows last night and listened to talk back much of today. Also had a look at Talking Carlton. They are a club in turmoil. I don’t doubt that Bolton had to go, but what’s more pressing I reckon is the poor excuse they have for a President and his pitiful offsider Chris Judd. To have the bloke you just sacked sit next to you in a presser and allow him to be humiliated like that did the President no favours. Every time he opened his mouth he put his foot in it and he basically said that everything they’ve done for the last four years has been the right thing and they won’t be deviating from their strategy. Judd was defensive on TV last night and wasn’t willing to take any responsibility for the appointment of Bolton which he had a big hand in. There will be a board challenge you can bet on it. Plenty of Carlton fans are in denial and think everything should now be right; but the smart ones realise that there needs to be a change at the top. Things will get grubby. Silvagni has also escaped scrutiny because they are blinded by their love for him as a player. It’ll be fun to watch. No decent coach will want to come and work for that board. The CEO seems switched on but he’s the only one.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Damien wrote:
... No decent coach will want to come and work for that board. The CEO seems switched on but he’s the only one.

The money of the club and the quality of the top end of the list (all those early draft picks) still makes them more attractive to prospective coaches than e.g. NM.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Funny thing you mention 2005

Last night on AFL 360 it was stated since the start of the 2005 season until last week they have won a total of 110 games out of a possible 332 played for a winning percentage under 33%
If that stat doesn't bring a smile to all Pies supporters your hard to please

Why stop at 2005?

Since 2002 (when Carlton won their first wooden spoon), they've won 127 games out of a possible 398 which translates to a winning percentage of 31.91%.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
Page 237 of 273   

Jump to: