Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 273, 274, 275  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Let's hope Ross lyon goes there and does a Malthouse Pagan special

That's what I'm hoping for Laughing

K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Dunno how much Pagan can be blamed... Senior players rebelled from the start.

But MM's Carlton stint was not his best coaching moment.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:34 pm

^ Pagan was already on the back foot when Carlton were punished for salary cap breaches.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:58 pm

Jezza wrote:
^ Pagan was already on the back foot when Carlton were punished for salary cap breaches.

Only cost them Goddard and Wells; and that's a good thing. Razz

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Clarkson rejects Carlton! Let the meltdowns begin! Laughing
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:36 am

Teague has been sacked.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:29 pm

Here's the story from the AFL site: https://www.afl.com.au/news/662277/watch-live-teague-sacked-carlton-to-speak-at-12-30pm-aest

There's a presser in a minute, apparently.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:06 pm

TankingCarlton (Sacking Edition)...

Quote:
Sacked - Official. Foxfooty.

Quote:
Thanks for having a crack Teaguey, no shame in not being up to it, a bit of shame in not owning it though.

Quote:
Another coach bites the dust

The club is in a huge amount of turmoil

Quote:
I wonder if he went to the board and said he wouldn’t continue unless they guaranteed him two more years to defuse all the speculation?

Either way I would have liked to see him coach out one more year, I’m not convinced he was given adequate time and resources to show much.

Quote:
Where's my call from Sayers?

How the @#$%&! does Herald Sun get the mail before me?

Quote:
Well I guess David doesn't have to be treated like absolute shit by nongs anymore.

Quote:
The internet is blowing up with the news of Teague.

Quote:
The club treated itself worse than Teague.

How embarrassing, to be so desperate - and for Lyon, the alternate… holy hell… where’s he at?

Quote:
A 40% win/loss ratio isn't great for a club that has Walsh, Harry McKay, Cripps, Weitering, Zac Williams, Liam Jones, Saad and Nic Newman amongst others.

Surely it isn't too much to ask for a 55%-60% win/loss ratio with a team that has players such as this.

Round 2 vs Collingwood was an abysmal loss. That defined the season imo.
Round 4 vs Gold Coast lost by 11 points
Round 6 vs Brisbane lost by 18 points
Round 8 vs Bulldogs lost by 16 points

Quote:
The club remains weak at development - players, football staff.

I don’t know if he was right for the job, however over and over again we demonstrate we are not good at the ‘long’ game and sticking to a plan.

Good luck to the Carlton of old recreating itself once again over the next weeks/months/year.

Quote:
I feel sorry for David.
It is clear the club put a line through him weeks ago, they should have done the deed sooner instead of torturing the guy.
Plenty of coaches have been sacked before the end of the season, assistants can go and do the exit interviews.
The argument that they were waiting on Clarkson to agree to be head coach before sacking Teague doesn't hold, as Clarkson said NO and then they sacked Teague 24 hours later.
Maybe David insisted he wanted to do the exit interviews, but failing that I just don't get it.
And to be frank I am not sure I would have wanted him having 1 on 1s before he vacates the place.
I wasn't keen on keeping David because our defensive mechanism was all over the shop this year, but his sacking has been prolonged and caused an enormous amount of bad publicity which cannot be good on the Carlton brand.
All a bit too messy for my liking.

Quote:
Finals next year or sack the board.

Quote:
Not saying he is the right person to continue to coaching this club but the reason given in the Age for his sacking seems a bit flimsy to me. So he loses his job because of his focus on offence and confusion around the game plan. I am presuming there is a lot more to this in the actual report. Those issues could be rectified with a change in his approach and better assistants. Particularly considering he has only been there for just over 2 years. That’s if he was willing to do so.

Let’s hope Lyon doesn’t make us too defensive, which may not suit the current game due to changes in rules. Assuming Lyon is our next coach.

Quote:
How do you guys know this is the right decision? Time will tell - feels like another Ratten issue where injury list claimed his job as well.

It's a shame injuries have claimed so many head coaches jobs....shortsighted as always.

Quote:
Of all the ridiculous garbage coming out of the media, this one has to be up there:
Teague has been widely praised for the way he has handled the end to his tenure with the club’s football department review taking the legs out from under him before the end of the season.

He has handled it poorly. Thrown numerous hissy fits, then got his mouthpiece to publicly slag off our captain.

Quote:
It's quite possible that the club is dysfunctional.

It's also quite possible that Teague can't coach

There's evidence to support both.

Sorry I'm feeling very non-binary at the moment

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:17 pm

BigFooty Carlton (Sacking Edition)...

Quote:
OUT.

Quote:
GONE - officially.

Quote:
Teague had a crack, unfortunately it didn't pan out the way any of us would have hoped.

Quote:
I feel for Teague. He should never have been appointed two years ago and now we have potentially ruined his Senior Coaching career.

Is the Board FINALLY going to go through the process they promised to go through two years ago or are they going to appoint Ross Lyon off the cuff and get it wrong again? If they appoint Lyon, he better deliver us a Premiership or 3.

The Board and CEO should be ashamed of themselves for creating this mess two years ago. Even their own Board member Chris Judd knew Teague wasn't the right appointment at the time. WAKE UP CARLTON!!

Quote:
I wanted Teague to get the job. He instantly got us to the level we should have been, won 6 from 10 before we signed him.
I thought it would be too disruptive to our rebuild that had already blown 2 years to get in another coach and start over with a new game plan etc.

I was very wrong. Just blew another 2 years.

Quote:
The way the club has treated Teague is a disgrace.

It's no wonder they're keen to hire the snake that is Ross Lyon.

Quote:
This list is ready to go. Just needs some competence around it. Teague obviously petered out.

I have little doubt that Ross, Scott or Buckley or whoever gets the job are competant. That's all a good list needs.

The list has been "ready to go" for 15 years. The delusion is laughable!

Quote:
So now the board will fool us into waiting around a week before appointing Lyon, after saying they went through an extensive process. We are not fools board !!

Quote:
Why did it take this long? We all knew it. Terrible way to treat someone who's given so much over many years.

Quote:
3 coaches sacked. 🤝 we are carlton fudge the rest

Quote:
The Teague Train has just crashed over the bridge resulting in multiple casualties.:huh:
ps...Anyone got a vid of train crashing?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Teague

2019 coached 11 games

2020 - Covid affected season

2021 - Media after him before round 1. Review from round 12. Sacked today

So he did not get one full season of clean air as a coach.

Good luck with future endeavours Teague and I hope you slammed the door on their faces on the way out.

Next?

Quote:
I really hope that anyone who was involved in multiple hirings/sackings of coaches (Malthouse, Bolton or Teague) leaves the club. Board, CEO, Head of Football etc all need to go.

Quote:
There is a concerning paragraph in this.

The difference, as felt by an impatient Blues board, is that Teague was coaching a side in 2021 that was expected to play finals.

If a new coach comes in and the team is 'expected' to make finals (which I certainly didn't think we were capable of) will they too get the sack?

Who's 'expecting' us to play finals in 2021?

As we did with Ratten, we've sacked a coach based upon the results of a season where we lost 100's of games worth of experience through injury.

FMD. We're a shambles.

Quote:
Extremely crucial appointment coming up, this will make or break the rebuild imo. I know people want to see changes now, but I hope they do take time to do a thorough interviewing process.

Quote:
The North and Port games sealed it.........Was obvious the players were not buying in.

HAD TO HAPPEN.

I am very concerned however if we get Lyon...... I dont want him!!!!

Hope I am proven wrong obviously.

Please get Lyon Twisted Evil

Quote:
Lot of people relishing others suffering.

This club loves a quick fix, and hates sticking it for the long haul.

I would love to be wrong

Quote:
Absolute rabble

Ross Lyon. God help. Us

Quote:
Lloyd and Liddle to remain in charge lol. Garbage football club

Quote:
Bring on the board spill

Quote:
Outgoing club president Mark LoGiudice commented last week, saying the review was “not a coaching review”.
“I want to be very categoric here, this is not a review of the coach, this is a review of the football department,”

Only coaches got sacked.

Quote:
New board member from JP Morgan.

Certainly replacing old family money with corporates

Quote:
That's not a summary of a review, it's a puff piece

Quote:
Sayers just got sucked in then and said they expect to play finals next year. FFS.

Quote:
Sayers with the finals expectation in 2022.

Another 10th place finish for us

Quote:
Teague was murdered, Back to the Future.....again.

Dunno who the coaching guys are that are leaving so, see ya’

We gunna do anything about opposition kick-outs....might be a Board thing.😎

Never change Carlton, there’s always someone else to sakc.

Quote:
This is a circus. New coaches are like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

the board and management of this club are the worst

Quote:
if we go for a 3rd straight untried coach i think we should all switch to the tassie team when it joins

Quote:
Sayers: "As of tomorrow I am in the market for the best coach."

...... alarm bells ringing here

Quote:
Unless Sayers is a very tall man they have strategically placed Sayers chair height at a much higher setting than Liddle's to show Sayers as being above Liddle in their power dynamic.

Laughing

Quote:
The review missed the main issue. 20 years of lazy, half arsed, unmotivated playing efforts with a terrible playing culture. Just about every coach the players gave up on by years 3. Same confusion with game plans no matter who's been in charge. Players have got away with it again while the coach copped it in the neck. Means nothing will change. Next coach will be screwed in 3 years too. Hopefully we get a one year honeymoon period which might lift us over the threshold temporarily before it crashes.

Quote:
Luke Sayers is good friends with Nathan Buckley, so don’t be surprised ...

Quote:
I said it earlier today, I'm ok with the sacking of coaches, I'm more worried about the hiring of coaches. The last 3 times we have gotten it so wrong

- Malthouse was a terrible decision, always was, he was coaching for himself and himself only
- Bolton was always a huge risk,
- Teague, the club said they didn't want training wheels and they hired him anyway....

And now it seems we won't be interviewing anyone and getting Lyon because Clarkson said no.....

Quote:
Brittain, Pagan, Ratten, Malthouse, Bolton, Teague

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:17 pm

This just keeps getting better. Lyon left hanging while they pursue Clarko. Their CEO left hanging whilst they pursue Cook. Lyon says bugger it I’m no longer interested. Their CEO is a dud but they’ll be stuck with him. Couldn’t organise a root in a brothel this mob.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Apparently the main sticking point in contract negotiations between Carlton and Lyon centred around the choice of company vehicle Ross as coach would be entitled to.

My sources suggest the Blues offered Lyon the use of a brand new Hyundai Kona N but Ross was insistent he be chauffeured to all official engagements by Captain Carlton in his hovercraft.

Carlton were also said to be reluctant to allow Lyon to wear his unicorn onesie to all post game media conferences.

A response from Lyon on these allegations was sought but he couldn't be reached for comment as he was to busy sorting his my little pony collection.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:08 pm

Damien wrote:
This just keeps getting better. Lyon left hanging while they pursue Clarko. Their CEO left hanging whilst they pursue Cook. Lyon says bugger it I’m no longer interested. Their CEO is a dud but they’ll be stuck with him. Couldn’t organise a root in a brothel this mob.

I wonder if Clarkson will change his mind again and agree to coach Carlscum? Wouldn’t put it past him to be already sick of his own company on his farm😂

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:48 pm

Carlton sack Teague, and neither Clarkson or Lyon will coach them next year by the looks of it Laughing

I feel sorry for the prospective coach who joins them.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:51 pm

Jezza wrote:
Carlton sack Teague, and neither Clarkson or Lyon will coach them next year by the looks of it Laughing

I feel sorry for the prospective coach who joins them.

Rumoured to be Kingsley 🙄 Poor sod getting to coach a bloody rabble 🤪

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am

Lazza wrote:
Rumoured to be Kingsley 🙄 Poor sod getting to coach a bloody rabble 🤪

I hope not. I rate Kingsley.

For his sake, he needs to stay clear of that rabble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 273, 274, 275  Next
Page 247 of 275   

Jump to: