Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The end came for Teague some time ago - they just can't be bothered telling him. His team is worse than bad - they are actually insipid.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Jezza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
this post aged badly

Nah, they're still a pile of garbage.

Post of the season - good call, Jezza.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:35 pm

TankingCarlton...

Quote:
This club is just a stinking, pus-filled bag of shite.

Well said. Has been since 1864 Cool

Quote:
Can’t believe the ineptitude this side was beaten by 98 points last week

Quote:
Cooked. Glad this deluded finals chat can end both in the media and in the supporter base

Time for a dose of reality

Quote:
I asked this after the Norf game, but is anyone actually surprised by this?

Quote:
For me, today is the culmination of 2 decades of sporting ineptitude

Clueless and broken club

Quote:
All over. Teague should resign tonight. @#$%&! this club @#$%&! everything about it

Quote:
What a joke of a club.

We dead set need an as5hole as a coach

Quote:
Can we sack Teague yet?

Quote:
Embarrassing. Again.

Quote:
Finals now gone
Release the report tonight
Sack David tomorrow
Sack Russell tomorrow

Cut all dead wood on the list
Draft as many kids as possible

Try and have a crack with an experienced hard nose coach

Quote:
I don't know how anyone could argue that Teague keeps his job and seriously think they have any credibility

Quote:
@#$%&! it. Teague out. Clarkson in. Sneak into the 8 in 22 or 23 (not both). Spoon in 24. Trade Walsh for two first rounders. Use the first on a once-elite talent returning from double knee reco. Use the other on a bloke who's a great footballer in every sense except that he can't kick over a paint can. Rinse and repeat

Quote:
We are 19pts behind the fkn GC at home. What a rotten club. Absolutely rotten.

Quote:
Shit performance all round but these players don't even care about themselves let alone their coach, the jumper or the fans

Quote:
Old coach, young coach, same result.

Whoever does the job next year will get a sugar hit then it will turn to shit like usual. Just a rotten club.

Quote:
Why do I let this $h!t club ruin my weekend every bloody time!

Quote:
So glad we can’t make finals, we’d shit the bed like no other team could. Gold Coast actually want to win . Don’t no what the answer is to this mentality soft team . No excuse for today's performance.

Quote:
Masterclssss in how to totally stuff a game up.

Quote:
A lot more to it than just recruiting

A losing and poor culture is embedded in the DNA of this club

Good young players turn into spuds constantly at Carlton

Quote:
Two extra days’ rest.

Quote:
Pathetic effort

Quote:
It hurts me that there isn’t a crowd there to boo these weak as piss blokes

Quote:
Spineless and disgraceful

We deserve better as supporters
Get off the ground do not smile do not do anything but get off the bloody ground

Quote:
Looks like I made a good decision not to watch it.

Quote:
Most spineless bunch of wanna be’s to grace a sporting field.

FLOWERING PATHETIC (again)

Quote:
Awful. Even more infuriating that they started busting a gut with 5 min to go.

Suns were generally harder at it than us & deserved the win. Miller killed us.

I can't believe this. Weekend ruined. Absolute douchebags.

Quote:
Let the sackings and resignations begin

The club can’t get lower than this

A disgrace to the jumper and the great players that have played at this club

So St Kildanesque in every way

No, it's very Carltonesque Laughing

Quote:
Rinse repeat.

I’m most disappointed in myself for actually believing we finally might have turned the corner. Such an inept performance all round. Utterly embarrassing.

Any flicker that Teague may have had has long gone.

Though our problems run so deep. Unsure if we’ll ever come good again.

Quote:
Got smashed in the midfield.

Quote:
This club is rotten to the core. Looks like another coached is getting killed off at the hands of the Gold Coast due to a lack of effort.

Quote:
Predictable.

“Next season,” part 26

Quote:
3 goals after half time ...... absolutely no idea ..... useless

Review ..... need more than a review

Quote:
I doubt Teague will survive this.

Quote:
Betts is finished. Contributed nothing.

Quote:
I don't even know what to say. It just sums up this club perfectly.

Quote:
That was a team effort to lose that game. Let’s not highlight some players. The club has to own it. Rabble. Rubbish.

Quote:
This team isn’t interested in success. They are happy to roll up and earn their pay by going through the motions. Not wanting to put in the hard work and when it gets too much they go missing. Starts off field by building the successful mentality.

Quote:
Teague isn't going to survive that, like Ratten wasn't in 2012. Best we start looking I suppose so we get in ahead of Collingwood. Start at Don Pyke. Let's see if we can kill his career off.

Quote:
yep we should win = we lose.

Quote:
Pathetic game plan, players played to its level.

Teague needs to step down.

Quote:
At least it ends the finals nonsense

We're carrying 2 cooked players to milestones and so deserve what we get

No emphasis on team defense when we have such a poor midfield... Walsh starting back... Harry playing up the field

Not sure I (nor the players) can see Teague's vision for this club... hard to see him survive now... sad

Quote:
watching the footage in the GC Suns rooms after the win - a lot of passion for win and the ENTIRE group being part of the song… I can’t recall ever seeing this from our club after we’ve had a victory?

something needs to change as I can’t see us attracting 80,000+ members next year.

Quote:
Who saw this coming? Oh, everyone, okay. I don't know if sacking the coach will make much of a difference, but a top notch sports psychologist is essential.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:20 pm

BigFooty (Carlton)...

Quote:
The message from the CFC was clear today from the first minute; we were NOT going to put in the work required to win this game

And that’s unofficially the nail in the coffin for Teague if it wasn’t already.

Quote:
Mindset coming into the game was off. You could see it in the first few minutes.

This is on Teague and it'll cost him his job.

Quote:
Work ethics and culture need to change.
Desire to repeat efforts week to week is unacceptable.
Complacency is a culture down there.
Unacceptable, unsatisfactory and a complete fail upon decency in ethics, principles, discipline, structure and a lack of respect for the jumper.
Anything I missed?

Quote:
Embarrassing.

If we had some proper coaching and a game plan I think we are a top 4 team.

Were almost in the 8 with neither of these things at the moment

We need someone who can set standards and fix this rotten culture

Quote:
Disgusting effort. Murph can start in his 300th then Teague can join him on the way out.

Quote:
No shame in losing to the powerhouse Gold Coast Suns.

Quote:
When can Ross start?

Quote:
They’re weak as piss the whole lot of them. No heart whatsoever. So disappointed

Quote:
Wallpaper over the cracks just got ripped.

Talk of percentage booster and finals, really? History told us not to expect that. Just another soul destroying loss instead.

Now for the changes. 100% necessary.

Quote:
Time to blow it up and change things.

I'm happy to call Ross and get his hard arse in here if no one else is.

Quote:
Season over, Teague gine

Gine Laughing

Quote:
Carlton choking so that stewie keeps
His job and we have better shot at Clarko

Quote:
With the season on the line, that was really disappointing.

Quote:
Absolutely pathetic.

No passion, no determination, no game plan.

Typical arrogant carlton effort after a good win.

Got what we deserved today and this year

Quote:
Weak as piss

Quote:
Something seriously stinks down at Ikon Park.

Quote:
This club is mentally ******* broken.

Quote:
That's it for Teague...

What a fu**en disgrace.

Quote:
If Teague isn’t sacked this year my membership will be canceled

Quote:
Didn’t deserve to even be in the finals conversation anyway.

Quote:
We weren't going to make the finals, but I would have liked to keep the season alive.

Quote:
Rotten. I'm heartbroken, again.

Quote:
Weak football club - not surprised with the result at all. Games like this is why I laugh at talk of finals on this board. It's the same sh*t every year.

Quote:
I'll call the club on monday and demand a refund of my family membership. This club is a joke. I'm done.

Quote:
Ok, there is zero excuse for today's performance. Zero. That is the club in a nutshell for the last 20 years. We have a catastrophic cultural problem. It is more than Teague, it is more than Lloyd. We need. Brendan Gale Peggy Sue revolution at this club.

Quote:
Never in the hunt for finals this year but that was another embarrassing game in a season full of them.
Plenty of hard decisions to make this off season regardless of the remaining results.

Quote:
Disgraceful. At least Teague goes now.

Quote:
Doesn't even hurt anymore. Says it all

Quote:
Expected a response from GC but jeez we wet the bed just as we have all year! Hello Clarko

Quote:
Worst loss of the year. Harry injured and Walsh went off an the end hurt.

Quote:
Well, that was absolute sh!te!

Quote:
Mentally weak as piss
Finals chance and we put up that sh*t.
suns had nothing to play for apart from pride (well done to them)

Quote:
Did we even need a review? Losses to WCE B, North, GCS and no wins against any quality teams says it all really. See ya Teague.

Quote:
Didn’t look like it from the start today. After last week’s effort, that was shocking. I don’t know what is going on at our club, but I suspect most of it is above the shoulders.

Quote:
So much to play for and so little energy.

Disappointing way to finish the season.

Quote:
Well,
We’ve wasted 2 years but today’s result should ensure the end of the enablers soon enough …

Quote:
Harry, the leading goalkicker in the league: "Hey guys let's play him up the ground."

Brilliant coaching.

Quote:
This game was over before it started. A game that means something; expected to win…don’t turn up.

How many times do we have to see this happen and be surprised?

Just shows we are a leadership rabble: from the Board; the coaches and the players.

Teague is done after that.

Quote:
A subbed off Brandon Ellis got 1 less touch than a Dow who played a full game.

Quote:
Sadly so many of us are not surprised. We are the epitome of inconsistent. Their game plan was simple, their talisman obvious. Yet they did what they wanted at will. Is it the coach, is it the players? I think it is a bit of both. But what we have seen this year is untenable to maintain the same course. Change is needed. Simply not good enough.

Quote:
We will come out all guns blazing next week now that finals are mathematically impossible.

Quote:
Not going to beat a deadhorse in regards to Teague, another reset for this mob, I hope they're ashamed, I hope they feel something from this.

The most consistent inconsistent team ever.

Quote:
Insipid.
Disgraceful.
Piss weak.
Gutless.

Teague sacked, surely. Has to go. The bloke has no idea. Clueless.

Quote:
Jeez I hate this club sometimes. How many learnings do we need?

Quote:
Clarko is gonna have his work cut out for him.

I dont think many could get these guys up for a game.

Quote:
Teague’s papers are stamped.
Time for a massive overhaul of our footy dpt in the off-season.
just get it right. sick of handing over my money to watch this garbage every week. I’m done with it.

Quote:
Somethings not right at Carlton. They cannot lose those games. We are nowhere

Quote:
Weak club culture with everyone just wanting their money...... no drive for success. It starts off field.

Quote:
No excuses.
Well done suns.

Quote:
LOTS of players didn't play to their even half standard - just no endeavour.

Betts should not play another game after today - that was a very, very bad game.

Club needs to speak to the fans - the silence is deafening.

Quote:
Thats why i hope Lyon comes in and has a full preseason with this lot,

Force feed discipline into this lot and raise their footy IQ a few points
not to mention the in-game benefits

Not interested in clarkson

Lyon to Carlton would be a match made in heaven Laughing

Quote:
Was enjoying a terrific day until I watched that

Was having an average day, until I watched that Very Happy

Quote:
Bloody hell being a Carlton supporter is hard work.

Quote:
Doctor has called Time Of Death, but our season has been terminal since round 2...

Quote:
Port Adelaide & GWS, will demolish our team, it’s going to be more pain & shame.
We’re in a real mess, feel for Sayers walking into the shambles of a club.

Quote:
I'm no longer angry or surprised at games like this...I expect it....smh.
We're a broken club.

Quote:
I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.

Blues just following the script.

Quote:
Classic current Carlton...where is their pride, in being consistent?? Near enough good enough is their current motto.

Quote:
Why the fu** would Clarkson want to come to us

Quote:
Unfortunately the players don't look like they care anymore. Today's effort was disgraceful. Walked into this match expecting to win and were embarrassed.

Where does this arrogance come from? When have we showed in the last 10 years that we're a decent football club?

Quote:
There's no lack of talent at the Carlton Football Club.

There's a lack of effort and a seriously poor mentality.

It’s weird. Given the context of the season …..I’ve haven’t cared this little about a loss for years.

Emotionally checked out or subliminally hoping it means a change of coach and direction ??

Quote:
Suns were paying $4.20 for the win and I knew we would sh*t the bed so loaded up on some happiness insurance.

Thanks Carlton, its the easiest money I'll ever make

Quote:
Today was hardly a Teague issue. We had them at half time, the players buckled, the pressure dropped, and we lost. Piss weak is the only way to describe it.

DT is far from perfect but there’s a larger stench around Carlton that needs to be dealt with before this side improves.

Quote:
So does anyone else regret all that time spent tweaking the ladder predictor to map out all the different "how we can make finals" permutations?

My inner monologue was cackling hysterically while I was doing it, now I know why. Asked it for the lotto numbers Thy, will let you know.

Quote:
Cripps better be injured, otherwise his decline is happening very early.

Quote:
I’ll start with the positives.

Quote:
Teague is definitely the man for the job...

Quote:
Ya can sack Teague now ya bastards.

But other heads must roll.

Quote:
Well...this is not the news I had hoped to wake up to...

Fiddlesticks.

Quote:
We don't deserve finals.

I feel for Teague but that might be all she wrote.

Quote:
We are a pathetic, soulless and heartless club.
Losing culture was on display today
The Board should pat each other on the back and be proud of what they have done to our once great football club.
Have been providing gems like this for almost 20 yrs now.

But hey, we have 83k members and are debt free

Weak as p**s, as an old coach used to say.

Quote:
Coaching clinic from Dew.

Had the Suns chipping around, knowing eventually gaps would open up by default. Went after Walsh, had the players playing on the edge at times.

Result should’ve have been too surprising.

Quote:
This so called review ‘should’ give us an indication of the stench we talk about.

Quote:
It's actually unpleasant watching us more often than not

Quote:
Certainly not surprised with that effort or lack thereof so Carlton .
8-2 to 3-4 after half time v Gold Coast at Marvel coming off a 6 day break with us having the extra day rest .
Culture of the club stinks .

Quote:
I’m fully behind a change of coach now but today said more about the players then it did the coaches.

Quote:
When our inspired 'win' of last week, was after a player driven review of the previous week, it doesn't bode well. It is not like the players don't want to win, it is something else; it is a cultural issue.

It is the non-players at the club who drive much of the culture around the club between games. The players should have walked into training this week into a feeling of heads down, bums up, again. One gets the feeling the feel around PP would have been of optimism and being happy. Good feelings to have but it isn't what drives standards. Not like being on edge and focussed.

I'm sure in clubs like Richmond, there would be a different feel between the "four" walls of Punt Rd by the entire club during such important weeks. Players would feel it in the atmosphere of the club. That's culture.

It is not like our players don't want to win, but I don't think the psychological feeling around the football club is conducive for a professional, ruthless environment.

Quote:
Please get Clarko in. He is going to be available soon, this is the time to get our first real coach since Parkin. I don’t care which Carlton player he punched in a game Carlton players were campaigners as well, 34 years ago. That has zero relevance to what the club does in 2022 and beyond. This list isn’t as pathetic as they’ve played this year. They need a coach to unlock their full potential, as is the case with any club.

Clarkson the messiah, just like Pagan and Malthouse Laughing

Quote:
There are things that need to be done now this off-season to get it right.
Radical changes. Some that people won’t like such as Teague out or some talented players being shipped out as they aren’t on board here or aren’t giving us what we need. If our club ever is going to turn the corner, the culture and expectations need to rise dramatically. The mantra that Bolts created upon arrival has been maintained I feel and the players are still living within that mentality that they cannot be touched if they get close enough or show “green shoots” still.

sh*t needs to change. If players aren’t ready to own that responsibility or same with coaches or admin - it’s time to go. Today was deplorable in effort and intensity. Time to be ruthless

Quote:
Genuine train wreck of a season.

Have beaten no team of any significance.

Have not blooded any youth or found out anything about our youngsters at AFL level. All this throughout a season where we should have been given we were going nowhere. Blend them in and let’s see what they have to offer.

Betts has been a great servant of this club and football in general but if he plays next season there is something wrong. Surely Owies and Honey are the future.

Williamson and LOB are not up to it.

Quote:
What a heartbreaking loss.

What a heartbreaking team.

Seriously underachieving bunch of humans.

No chance teague sees out his contract. Whilst Clarkson might not end up being the answer, we sure as hell know David Teague is not.

Quote:
I think any potential new coach, including Clarkson would be very wary of this group and this clubs potential to end a previously decorated senior coaching career.

Quote:
If they don't sack Teague now then the club stands for nothing at all. At this point I'm questioning why I continue to buy a membership every year.

Quote:
Who's going to want to coach Carlton anyway?

Let's sack Teague, field for offers and realise that no decent coach is silly enough to take the job.

It's career suicide.

4 coaches in 9 years. Enough is enough Carlton.

Quote:
Disrespectful.

Quote:
It was clear to me Teague and this football department was not up to standard after round 2.

Time to act now.

Quote:
Soft contests.
Soft running.
Soft selection.
Soft accountability.
Soft leadership........

Quote:
I said before the season started that Teague was gone if we didn’t make the finals. One prolific poster around here responded with a laugh emoji. I’ll still back my take on things. That’s all over for Teague.

Quote:
Gee I long for the days when I was proud of our club.....I feel sorry for those Carlton supporters who have only known our mediocrity.

Quote:
I really hope the club has the balls to sack the coach tonight. We as supporters are over this charade. DO SOMETHING!!!

Quote:
Called it during the week……2012 Rattens last stand all over again

The club doesn’t surprise…only disappoints

Quote:
I hate that I care so much about this footy club that this ruins my week.

It truly hurts a lot and I'm not sure the club understands.

Quote:
That was a group of players who have absolutely zero interest in anything other than collecting a pay check and crusing into the end if the season

I'd say it was one of the weakest, softest games I've seen by Carlton but there's been so many just this year that it's no longer possible to keep track.

Quote:
Game plan isn't great but this is player culture and attitude.

Said it before, will say it again - tail wags the dog.

Rumours of Hollywood, rockstar culture have been mentioned.

Players seem more worried about media and fan reaction to losses than about actually playing and winning for each other. Do they want success or just a comfortable existence?

The cycle continues - potential coaches, be very, very wary.

Quote:
Get rid of words like standards and system and all of this corporate guff, and use words like guts, pride, passion. The place is bloody soulless.

If I was a player and a former great came down to talk to the team, I'd be in awe of what they had done. I'd be inspired. I get the feeling this current group feels like this is their team and the old players had their time. I don't think they feel like they are just a part of something bigger than themselves. I don't feel like they give a sh*t about the hurt they cause the fans, who invested all of their passion into this intangible thing.

Honestly, who can say with any conviction that the players hurt, just as much or more than the fans? I can't. It's a huge payday for them, that's all.

Quote:
I swear this club only won last week just so the disappointment of today was bigger. FMD.

Quote:
Not to worry....I'm sure we'll lure some high profile free agents in the off season, pay them way over$$$$, and blow up our salary cap and our future even more.

Quote:
Wish I could just be emotionally detached, feel for any of the very young blue supporters, I haven't seen any flags myself, I was 2 with the last one.

I haven't seen any Carlton flags either. I was 1 in 1995 Wink

Quote:
To quote my 25 year old son and 24 year old daughter...."What have you done to us Dad, you told us that Carlton was the best ". Poor kids , never stood a chance.

Quote:
That was pretty putrid but any time Carlton is a hot favourite, it's all over. I don't mind if it's Lyon or Clarkson but someone with no relationship with the players has to come in & make some cold, hard calls on who stays & who goes. Either of those two has the credibility to make the hard calls.

Quote:
They outworked us and wanted it more. We don't deserve to play finals and we have some conditional footballers. Bring on Cricket season!

Quote:
My Mum reckons the club should sack the players and keep the coach.

Think about how logical that actually is. Mum’s are always right.

Quote:
This is a club full of appeasers, from top to bottom

Appease the supporters, by using operational emotive language like "this is for our fans"
Teague used it in his term as care taker, because he knew his appointment came from winning fans over, He doesnt use this language anymore
Management appeases, leaking rumours of players approaches, coach approaches...
they placate us like idiots in football serfdom for far too long....next season that is to be never comes.

If change is required, i prefer it to be meaningful, thorough, so the improvement is constant with momentum .
we will never win a flag, ever, with whatever dafaq is going on at princes park.

Mathieson and his marionette needs to go, its the only constant in our demise
Imagine having that much money , and you're still sh1te. Nothing you do, works
money is crude, it doesn't buy you understanding, nouse, and certainly doesn't attract honesty.

it's just a really expensive membership, a plaything and something to boast about at your expensive dinner parties

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:33 pm

I love that they think being 12th is "nearly in the 8"!!!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
this post aged badly

Nah, they're still a pile of garbage.

Post of the season - good call, Jezza.

They are all these things, yet still rolled us in the final term a few weeks back.

Did the st.Rapist victory last round take too much out of their tank?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:02 pm

piedys wrote:
They are all these things, yet still rolled us in the final term a few weeks back.

Did the st.Rapist victory last round take too much out of their tank?

Yes, but we beat them in round 2 so it evens out.

Carlton had a two day extra break compared to the Suns. No excuses for their abysmal performance tonight.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:50 am

The worse thing about our loss a few weeks back is that we failed to extend our lead on the win/loss ledger and it is now equal again.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Teague sacking imminent according to Seven. Another one bites the dust.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:20 pm

Marc Murphy goes out on a high…

Port kicked 19 in a row Laughing

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am

I guess this belongs here:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/aug/16/afl-david-teagues-sorry-carlton-story-is-a-parable-blues-must-heed

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:25 pm

8-14 to finish the season off. Guess this is the end of Teague...
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Jezza wrote:
8-14 to finish the season off. Guess this is the end of Teague...

Will they wait on Clarko, if Teague still has a year to run, is the question...

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:14 pm

Let's hope Ross lyon goes there and does a Malthouse Pagan special
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:43 pm

Big T wrote:
Let's hope Ross lyon goes there and does a Malthouse Pagan special

Nothing would warm my cold heart better...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 246 of 277   

Jump to: