Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"The Circle" can VC recipient.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If this ever gets beyond defamation proceedings and into a proper court, he should get life in prison if found guilty – like any other cold-blooded multiple murderer would.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:20 am

Having visited the War Memorial in Canberra a couple of times, on display is/was BRS millitary uniform. The size of this guy with all of the paraphernalia attached would of made him look like something out of a sci-fi flick.

I have no doubt with his intimidating looks and size fellow soldiers may well of just toed the line. Also these little Afghan fellows would have been scared witless of him.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:00 pm

He's 200cm tall and back then absolutely chiseled. In full gear he would have been indeed a frightening sight
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:48 pm

More adverse press: even his private investigator has severed contact with him (and the PI says he called BR-S a "weak dog" when they last spoke): https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-23/ben-roberts-smith-trial-private-investigator-threatening-letters/100853260
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
He's 200cm tall and back then absolutely chiseled. In full gear he would have been indeed a frightening sight

hmmm id describe him a different way!!!! carry on!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
More adverse press: even his private investigator has severed contact with him (and the PI says he called BR-S a "weak dog" when they last spoke): https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-23/ben-roberts-smith-trial-private-investigator-threatening-letters/100853260

I guess the biggest revelation in all this isn't so much that Roberts-Smith is a ruthless psycho; all sorts of people exist in the world. It's that a ruthless psycho like him was able to rise so high in the military ranks and end up being in a position to decide whether Afghan civilians lived or died. That's the really chilling thing, for me.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:26 pm

Really? I take that as a given.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:13 pm

Yep!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:47 pm

Being able to kill people in cold blood is either a natural inclination or a learned skill. Regardless of acquisition, you don't get to the SAS without it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:01 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-28/ben-roberts-smith-trial-hears-more-evidence-from-afghanistan/100856732

Quote:
A former Special Air Service Regiment (SAS) witness codenamed Person 4 today told the court of an Afghan man with a donkey who was searched, questioned and taken prisoner — becoming a PUC (person under control) of the Australian soldiers — as his patrol waited to be extracted from Darwan that day.

He said he later saw the handcuffed and detained man being held by a colleague, Person 11, by the right shoulder with his back towards a slope.

"At the same time, I noticed Ben Roberts-Smith, he had walked to a position maybe three to four metres away," Person 4 said.

"As I was trying to understand what was happening, he turned around and walked forward and kicked the individual in the chest.

"The individual was catapulted backwards and fell down the slope.

"I saw the individual's face strike a large rock and sustain a serious injury. He had knocked out a number of his teeth, including his front teeth."

Person 4 said he was "in shock at that point".

The witness said the man, who lay injured and dusty at the bottom of the slope in a dry creek bed, unsuccessfully attempted to sit up.

He said Mr Roberts-Smith directed both him and Person 11 to "grab him and start to drag him" towards a large tree.

Person 4 said Mr Roberts-Smith and Person 11 had a "quick conversation" which he didn't hear, before two to three rounds rang out.

He did not witness the shots, but turned around to see Person 11 in a "position to shoot".

Person 4 said when the man's body was photographed, there was an ICOM radio next to him, however he did not see how it got there. He said the prisoner didn't have a radio with him while being questioned.

The witness said the radio was "slightly wet", with a fogged-up screen.

"It dawned on me that I did know where it had come from," Person 4 said.

The witness earlier told the court that, prior to their arrival at the Darwan compounds, Mr Roberts-Smith took items off a dead enemy including a detonation cord and radio after crossing a river to find him — and again crossing it to return to the patrol.

Person 4 claimed later at the Tarin Kowt base, Mr Roberts-Smith outlined a "story" to him, Person 11 and a third colleague, person 56, about the man and the slope.

"Your Honour, it was words to the effect of 'the story is that we engaged a spotter whilst moving to our HLS'."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:36 pm

If thereis proof of that, that’s murder 1.

And, sadly my first thought was, ‘the donkey?’

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:35 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-15/former-soldier-gives-evidence-in-ben-roberts-smith-trial-/100910542

Quote:
A former soldier has told a Sydney court he saw Ben Roberts-Smith shoot an unarmed Afghan man in the back in an "exhibition execution" the decorated veteran "wanted people to see".

The former Special Air Service Regiment (SAS) soldier, codenamed Person 24, became emotional as he described the "heartbreaking" impact he said Mr Roberts-Smith's alleged actions during the war in Afghanistan had had on his colleagues.

Person 24 yesterday told the Federal Court that he saw Mr Roberts-Smith shoot the unarmed Afghan in the back with a machine gun outside a Taliban compound during a mission in April 2009.

Mr Roberts-Smith denies the allegation and says a man he killed was an armed insurgent whom he had engaged legitimately.

Today, Person 24 stood by his evidence and said Mr Roberts-Smith had "no reason" to exit the compound with the Afghan man.

He described it as an "exhibition execution" that Mr Roberts-Smith "wanted people to see".

Person 24, who was called as a witness by publisher Nine Entertainment, told the court that "good soldiers" had been adversely affected by Mr Roberts-Smith's conduct.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:38 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-16/ben-roberts-smith-trial-hears-choking-claims/100913826

Quote:
An elite soldier has told a Sydney court war veteran Ben Roberts-Smith once declared he was going to "choke a man to death" and "watch the life drain out of his eyes" in Afghanistan.

The witness, codenamed Person 7, told the Federal Court the alleged choking comment was made in the days after Sergeant Blaine Diddams was killed on a mission in Afghanistan in 2012.

He said he was in a "ready room" preparing his assault bag when he heard Mr Roberts-Smith behind him say: "Hey mate, I'm going to talk the talk I want you to make sure I walk the walk."

Person 7 claimed Mr Roberts-Smith then said: "Before this trip's over, I'm going to choke a man to death with my bare hands, I'm going to look him in the eye and I'm going to watch the life drain out of his eyes."

Mr Roberts-Smith denied making the comment when he gave evidence last year, dismissing it as "ridiculous".
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:53 pm

how come none of this was reported to his comqanding officers at the time? you would think if there was someone walking around doing all this, more than 1 person would say something.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:54 pm

For those keeping track, how many witnesses to Roberts-Smith committing or threatening to commit war crimes are we up to now? These killings seem to be a hell of a lot better documented than most murders that actually get successfully prosecuted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22   

Jump to: