Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bendigo Bound

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:40 am
Post subject: Bendigo BoundReply with quote

Well Williamstown come up to my home of Bendigo this weekend which is great coz I only get to see them when they play a curtain raiser. I encourage you to all head up the Calder on Sunday and have a great day as Bendigo haven't won a game and don't look like winning one. Mixed feelings for me coz I want Bendigo to do well but my heart is all Collingwood so I support the boys of WIlliamstown and may they play well next Sunday.

Fradam Wrote This
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know how you feel...Willy vs Sandy, didnt really mind who won that match. WE WILL BEAT BENDIGO

the great number 17
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:19 pm

yeah i know how you feel...Willy vs Sandy, didnt really mind who won that match. WE WILL BEAT BENDIGO

the great number 17
DG 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 1:09 am

Hey Fradam, since you are going to the game, any chance of writing a review of the game for those of us who can't get there? Cheers DG

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 12:00 pm

Williamstown (in Pie jumpers) had a slow start against the Bendigo Diggers but in the second half easily went away with the game to win by around 99 points.

It certainly wasn't an overly exciting game from either side but I thought one player who had a great day was Heath Scotland. With the senior side appearing to look a little tired at present, I wonder if it's worth giving Heath a run in the one's.

Although I didn't think there were any real stars, the senior boys skills did stand out. ie. Dimma, Presti, Johno and Rintoul. Lovett-Murray showed some good skills and I think it was Baynes who took a screamer in the goal square, but then missed the goal. (Anyone is welcome to correct me!).

Rhyce Shaw got hit high in the second half and was taken off the ground and into the rooms. He didn't look too good so I hope it's nothing serious. Does anyone know why Rhyce hasn't played any senior football in a while? He definitely didn't star but did do some good stuff before he went off the ground.

I must admit I did miss parts of the game because I was with friends and we were still busy analysing the Pie/Freo game from the night before!!!

GO PIES!

Marg

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:12 am

Marg, can you tell us how Presti and Rintoul played and if you think they'll be back this week? Thanks.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:35 am

I thought Presti did a good job and certainly helped keep Bendigo scoreless in the third quarter. I definitely think he should be picked in the seniors for Friday but I suppose that will depend on how his injury is going. I must admit, even playing for Willy, that he's not a flashy player but he's solid as a rock on the back line which is just what we need.

I didn't think Rintoul shone but I do wonder if it is difficult for top players to really shine when they're playing in a lower league? He definitely stood out against the smaller VFL boys though.

Dimma had a top game so I'd also expect to see him back in the seniors.

Mind you I'm saying these guys should get back into the one's, but who do you drop to let them in???

GO PIES and Go Williamstown!

Marg

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: