Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
nah mate, that's brunch Wink

Sounds similar to what I eat. My standard breakfast / brunch at home is stir fried: mushrooms, snow peas, asparagus in season, green beans, zucchini, broccolini and kale with scrambled eggs. Varies with what’s in the garden and what’s in the fridge.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:41 pm

You can shove the Kale straight up your back passage.

It's a good size feed which is why i skip breakfast and lunch and have thzt for brunch. You need to learn portion control tubby, and get the dentist to pull that sweet tooth. Razz Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Made a vegetable medley last night.

slices of Lebanese Eggplant, Zucchini, Onion, capsicum tossed with some cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, baby Brussel sprouts and chopped silver beet. Drizzle with EVOO and some bits of butter, season with some Sumac, salt and pepper. Put in a casserole dish and roast covered for an hour on around 180c, pull it out and give it a mix a couple of times during the hour.

Serve on the side with your protein of choice.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:48 am

At work, woring back till 0200 today: the overtime this time round is gunna pay for accommodation in Sydney next week when Mrs WPT & I drive to Sidanee right after work next Thursday:

So last night made an Israeli salad: home grown diced tomatoes, diced homegrown cucumber, red capsicum diced, spring onion diced, snow peas finely chopped ( a handful) and one ripe avocado diced and mixed through with salt and pepper. Yum. Had a tin of tuna too with that.

Got a home made chicken soup on the go at home. Just need to strain it off, put the stock in the fridge. Chuck out the cooked onion, celery, carrot and parsnip.

Then separate the chicken meat from the bones and skin, chuck those. Defat the stock after its been in the fridge, add newly grated zucchini, carrot, diced sweet potato, celery, green beans and cauliflower florets in small pieces with cut / shredded chicken meat, salt pepper and dill and cook for 40 minutes. Yum indeed.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:14 am

^ I like it!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:48 am

I like to put the Thai spices in the chicken soup. Ginger, Coriander, Lemongrass, Garlic and Chili.

Anyway, basics last night. Did some small meatballs braised in a french onion casserole base, with some steamed assorted veg and cauliflower rice.

Yum.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Trip home from Toc today, F*ck me there was some traffic.

Got home, unpacked, left the old girl to make herself some lunch, did a Dan Murphy's run and a quick Woolies shop.

So tonights dinner was a fusion between mexican and a stir fry.

500gm of mince, browned with half an onion in some butter and EVOO, add 2 cups of chopped veges, a bag of stirfry veges from Woolies, Garlic, Chilli, Coriander, cumin, Soy Sauce and Worcestershire sauce, tin of crushed tomatoes and mixed beans.

Tasted fkn schmick.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:41 pm

Pan seared scallops

A scotch fillet that literally dissolved as I ate it, veggies were amazing, Stole some chips, so good

Lava cake for dessert and a cappuccino

Best meal in a long time!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:19 pm

I've never tried scallops. I've tried oysters, horrible fkn things and mussels are fishing bait.

Had a busy day today, into the office in Eaglemont for the morning then Richmond for the arvo. Got home and had to do some phone calls and emails. So running short of time, what do I do for diner?

A lamb roast. Yes I must be slightly insane.

rolled shoulder in the air fryer, couple of roast spuds and lots of steamed veges, gravy and mint sauce.

Dinner served at 7:30 pm

Yum

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:21 pm

Making low carb meatballs. Got the mix ready: 1kg of beef mince, finely diced onion, 3 garlic cloves crushed, home grown mint, flat leaf parsley, salt, pepper, 2 eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan, some paprika and combine.

Then roll them into small balls and place on a tray. I will brown them in the slow cooker. Later I’ll make a tomato sauce with a bottle of pasatta and add a tin or two of tomatoes, some tomato paste, salt and pepper, blitz and cook. Then poach the browned meatballs in the tomato sauce.

Freeze half and eat the rest over a coupla days with either zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.

I also made an Israeli salad:

Diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, sliced spring onion, diced / sliced snow peas (my addition), diced red or green capsicum, diced avocado, salt, pepper and lemon juice, combine and eat. Good by itself or with a tin of tuna or with other salads is I used to add it to baked potatoes

Other variations use cottage cheese rather than avocado but lose the lemon juice. Great with felafel and in a pita bread

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:30 pm

Doing a variation of Beef Strogonoff.

Got some gravy beef which is basically Osso Bucco minus bone. Browned it in butter and olive oil and into the crockpot with some packet seasoning, mushrooms and onions. I went against the standard by adding some greens. Chopped silverbeet, zucchini, beans and brussel sprouts.

Made some cauli/brocci rice to have with it.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Lambs Fry. (Liver)

Thinly slice (3-4mm), put in a container, cover with milk and set in the fridge for a while.

Heat pan to medium heat with butter and olive oil. Brown some sliced onions, lob into a casserole dish, cover to keep warm.
Do same with some bacon.

Dip the slices of Lambs fry in seasoned flour and cook til brown on each side, add to casserole dish with bacon and onion.

add some more butter and flour to the pan, stir, then add a glass of red wine while stirring. ( have one yourself if you like) to deglaze the pan and make a red wine sauce, tip the sauce into the casserole dish and stir through.

Serve with some mash potatoes (has to be spuds with this) and steamed veges.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:58 pm

ugh
my dad would kill for that

no ta!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:58 pm

ugh
my dad would kill for that

no ta!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:43 pm

It was fkn yum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 108 of 119   

Jump to: