Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken schznitzel tonight with steamed veg (I won't tell my girls), also gunna make a chicken & vegetable soup; making the stock tonight, then the soup tomorrow.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:38 pm

prawns, calamari and mushrooms in a chilli, garlic, butter sauce with zucchini noodles.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:20 pm

BBQ chicken pieces with a home made tandoori recipe:

I'm using chicken ribs for the first time.

60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) malt vinegar or lemon juice
2 1/2 teaspoons ground chilli
2 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
3 teaspoons ground coriander
3 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
95 g (3 1/4 oz/ 1/3 cup) plain yoghurt
1.4 kg (3 lb 2 oz) whole chicken, spatchcocked (I'm using 1.2 kg of chicken ribs)

https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/tandoori-chicken-20130725-2qlsc

I'll have that with some seared apsaragus, steamed broccoli and salad (although there might be a late change for baked veg with the chook)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Slow (oven) cooked Pork butt, with ratatouille and steamed greens.

Got the pork from Costco, seasoned it, fried it in butter and olive oil for a crust then whacked it in the oven on gasmark 1 for 2 hours. Had it on a rack in the roasting pan, put some apple juice and apple cider vinegar in the bottom, wrapped it in foil and put it back, up to gasmark 2 for 2 more hours.

ratatouille browned in a pan, set aside then finished off in casserole dish.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:00 pm

Last night Vegetable curry Indian style with shop bought dahl and home made raita: Yum

Tonight vegetarian stuffed capsicum mexican style & salad. The mix is delicious.

Mrs WPT is vegetarian and I've been eating a lot of meat

Tomorrow back to keto full time

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Try the Donna Astin routine for 28 days, then go Keto.

I've having some pork spare ribs and steamed veges.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Try the Donna Astin routine for 28 days, then go Keto.

I've having some pork spare ribs and steamed veges.

Cheers, I might just do that. After home made cheesecake and apple pie in the last few weeks both with double cream I’ve been stacking it on 😱

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:53 pm

ROAST LAMB AND LEMON SOUP

PART 1: ROAST LAMB WITH LEMON

This is pretty standard stuff. Only the cumin is at all different to recipies you'll see everywhere. The lower and slower you cook it, the more flavour develops and the more tender it is. That said, three or at most four hours is plenty long enough.

Cut slits in a small leg of lamb; insert slivers of garlic.

Rub with olive oil, salt, and a little cumin. Sprinkle with celery salt.

Place in a deep roasting pan alongside a large sprig of rosemary, pour in half a cup of chicken stock.

Roast uncovered on a lowish temperature for an hour. (160c say, but adjust per size of the lamb and what time you want to eat.)

Add half a cup of white wine and the juice of one lemon. Cover tightly and roast another hour.

Uncover and add your choice of vegetables. (Spuds, pumpkin, whatever you please. Whether they roast in the open air or boil in the liquid at the bottom of the pan really doesn't matter, they taste great either way.) Roast another hour.

Remove from heat, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Spoon a little of the thin, tasty liquid over the slices of tender lamb. Reserve the remainer of the liquid. Add fresh greens to taste.

PART 2: ROAST LAMB AND LEMON SOUP

This is the different bit. All my own work.

Decant the remainder of the roasting liquid into a tall container and refrigerate overnight.

Keep the lamb bone and a moderate amount of meat.

When the liquid is cold, remove the fat from the top and discard, keeping the liquid or jelly underneath.

Remove the meat from the lamb bone and set both aside.

In a large saucepan or pot, brown a chopped onion in a little oil over medium-high heat.

Add a little chopped garlic (I do mean a little - one small clove is plenty).

Add a chopped carrot and two or three chopped celery sticks. Don't worry if the onion starts to stick, that adds flavour.

When the carrot starts to soften, gently add two cups of of water, a teaspoon of chicken stock, and the lamb bones. Also a tablespoon or two each of split peas and barley. Bring to the boil then simmer gently for at least half an hour, longer if you can.

With an hour to go, add a half teaspoon of Italian herbs, celery salt, and three medium potatoes, cubed roughly. Other root vegetables too if desired. Pour in the saved roasting liquid, which aside from all the yummy meat juices also is distinctly lemony. We don't put it in too early as we don't want to boil all the flavour off - but we do want to give it time to soak into the vegetables. An hour or a bit less is good.

20 minutes before serving, add in the meat we reserved earlier, chopped fairly small. (Don't put the meat in too soon: we want it to taste of lamb, not turn into mush.)

Fish out the bones and serve with a dusting of parsley and fresh buttered home-made bread rolls. Yum!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Went out for Dinner to celebrate the youngest having finished her studies and embark on her new careeer. Mrs WPT, the youngest her BF and moi went to supernormal in Fitzroy Street St Kilda.

https://www.supernormalcanteen.com

We had the banquet and boy that was a lot of food. Yum. Unfortunately she doesn't have an expense account (yet) Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Good for her!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Tannin wrote:
Good for her!

Cheers Tannin. She’s worked really hard for it & deserves a decent break: coincidentally she and her BF are off to Tasmania in the New Year for a break

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Went to the Vegie Bar on Brunswick Street and had the buritto and my son had the mee goreng. He liked his meal and the buritto was very good.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:03 pm

In isolalation and been unemployed for 2 months, working through what's in the freezer along with the fresh stuff I got from Woolies online yesterday.

Make up a garden salad, options from tins/jars such as Asparagus, olives, beetroot, jalapenos, add protein of choice.

Friday night was some chicken marylands in the airfryer, last night was steak, tonight will be fish fingers.

I'm sticking with 2 meals per day. Brunch is either cold meat and salad in a wrap or a fvucked up loaded omlette.

To make the fvucked up loaded omlette, chop up some or all of the following.
Mushrooms
Avocado
Zucchini
Onion
Bacon
tomato
Yellow Squash
Fresh Asparagus

Pre heat a small frying pan over medium heat, add butter and olive oil, tip in about 1 1/2 cups of the vege mix and saute until soft. Add 1 cup of spinach, mix around and cover.
Beat 3 eggs, tip that over the mix, lower heat to medium low and put lid on frypan for around 3 minutes or until omelette puffs up and is cooked.

Eat with a nice cup of tea, no toast or other bread required.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:10 pm

That's not an omelette, it's a whole smorgasboard!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:59 pm

nah mate, that's brunch Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 107 of 119   

Jump to: