Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving all right today, mnaged a walk to the supermarket and back this morning to get some bacon for breakfast.

So dinner tonight is a Pork scotch roast, wrapped in bacon. Roast assorted veges, Beetroot, onion, apple, potato, carrot and sweet potato and some steamed broccoli.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Pork roast was yum. Tonight walked to the supermarket and bought some mushrooms and took 2 pieces of steak out of the freezer to thaw.

Some people like pepper sauce, some garlic, some mushroom. I just mash em all together and it's yum.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:59 pm

Tried this recipe tonight yum yum yum!!

Added a bit more home grown chilli and served over some noodles

https://irenamacri.com/recipes/garlic-chilli-mushrooms/

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:38 am

yum, im cooking that for lunch, i love mushrooms,
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:32 pm

Looks good

I bumped into this recently, haven't used it yet.

https://www.providoor.com.au/

It's not menulog or Uber Eats, this is the equivalent of going out to a flash joint, just at home.

Several schmick restaurants, you get the food delivered with instructions for you to cook/reheat at home.

Not cheap, this is special occasion stuff to me, might give it a go shortly though just for a change

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:59 pm

bloody worth it if you dont have to do any of the work!

i cooked roast beef, roast potato, sweet potato, and steamed vegies. i did a heap of potatoes, cos everyone loves my roast spuds, I ate one (ok i picked the best one, but it wasnt very big) so since i walked 10 klm with a girlfriend today, then did the shopping and cleaned downstairs, i figured i could go a second - gone, allllll gone. all of them. gone.

ah well after a week im down 1.7kg and 3/4 of an inch of my lockdownKartrashianbutt!. go me!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:45 pm

We had an awesome roast lamb last week from the local pizza shop, you've got to order a day beforehand, but it came with enough meat and vegies to feed 4 hungry adults and 2 kids. Was one of the best roasts I've had and only $55.

But now they are outside our 5k zone Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
djh 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:16 pm

We haven't tried Providoor, but tonight is our anniversary. We are in the SE suburbs and usually dine at MPD Steak Kitchen. They have just delivered us a similar heat and eat meal package. We are having popcorn chicken with chilli mayo and beef croquettes with harissa sauce as a shared entree, beef bourgignon with truffle mash and baby beans for the main and hazelnute creme brulee for dessert.
The entire meal only came to $80, which is quite reasonable, including delivery.
Now to hope it tastes as good as it sounds.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 pm

^

Sounds yum.

I've just been mucking around in the shed making eyes and a mask for a tree, about to make some soup, variation on a minestrone and a bacon and egg pie for dinner.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:46 pm

djh wrote:
beef croquettes with harissa sauce as a shared entree, beef bourgignon with truffle mash and baby beans for the main and hazelnute creme brulee for dessert.

Blimey! I'd be happy if I could just pronounce all that properly, never mind eat it!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:56 pm

djh wrote:
We haven't tried Providoor, but tonight is our anniversary. We are in the SE suburbs and usually dine at MPD Steak Kitchen. They have just delivered us a similar heat and eat meal package. We are having popcorn chicken with chilli mayo and beef croquettes with harissa sauce as a shared entree, beef bourgignon with truffle mash and baby beans for the main and hazelnute creme brulee for dessert.
The entire meal only came to $80, which is quite reasonable, including delivery.

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy - hope you have a lovely bottle or 2 of red to go with it.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Meanwhile, back at the Cafe Tannin, last night we tried something new: roast chicken and cauliflower, Italian style.

Mix tomato paste, mustard, crushed garlic, olive oil, oregano, rosemary, black pepper, and grated Parmesan to form a paste. Coat your cauliflower florets generously, and set them on a roasting tray. Pile any leftover paste on it too.

Coat chicken pieces with olive oil and a mix of herbs: marjoram, garlic, basil and whatever else seems like a good idea at the time.

Roast, then sprinkle more Parmesan over everything before serving with greens of your choice.

Yum!

Not much I'd change, but maybe stuff the chicken breasts with something smooth and cool and creamy - sour cream and lemon might work, have to try it. Or wrapping it in bacon, of course, and hang the cholesterol.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:34 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Sounds yum.

I've just been mucking around in the shed making eyes and a mask for a tree, about to make some soup, variation on a minestrone and a bacon and egg pie for dinner.

real men don't eat quiche, err egg and bacon pie.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:13 am

^

Hah,

Not a quiche, the eggs weren't beaten. I didn't even speak disrespectfully to them. Cool

djh 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Well reporting back on our delivered restaurant meal, it was really good. The starters, croquettes and popcorn chicken, suffered very slightly from being reheated, but the bourgignon was amazing. Rather than being diced meat, which I expected, it was a two large pieces of delectably tender meat, possibly a beef cheek or something, but whatever it was was fantastic.

And we certainly did have a couple of bottles of good red to wash it all down. Thanks for the good wishes.

Tannin, your chicken dish sounds amazing, will have to try it. I would probably use thighs rather than breasts though. I find that they are far moister after oven cooking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 102 of 119   

Jump to: